Favre on his way to Lambeau

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Thompson didnt show Favre the door? Thompsons actions spoke clearly..... I think its you who is blinded by hate. and too stubborn to ever admit you are acting like you never made a mistake. OR BETTER YET! You act like you know what actually went down... You know as much as me... I at least built my theory based off fact such as Thompson very first move drafting Favres replacment. And releasing our pro bowl guards. Which is just as good as personally whooping his aging hall of fame QBs rear himself.... He rebuilt during Favres last years of potential superbowl runs... This speaks very clear to me..... What does this say to you?
And Im not a Favre homer. I just simply treat him with the respect he deserves.
Get ready for more hate and personal attacks.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Thompson didnt show Favre the door? Thompsons actions spoke clearly..... I think its you who is blinded by hate. and too stubborn to ever admit you are acting like you never made a mistake. OR BETTER YET! You act like you know what actually went down... You know as much as me... I at least built my theory based off fact such as Thompson very first move drafting Favres replacment. And releasing our pro bowl guards. Which is just as good as personally whooping his aging hall of fame QBs rear himself.... He rebuilt during Favres last years of potential superbowl runs... This speaks very clear to me..... What does this say to you?

Waffling back and forth and making it his lifes mission to spite the organization that supported him thru a vicoden addiction and his wifes battle with breast cancer, all the while while throwing terrible season ending picks year after year is worthy of no respect.

He could have come back when TT invited him to GB to work out contract details in the offseason of 08, but he didn't. He could have battled Rodgers for the starting job, AFTER already turned down the starting job, by deciding against getting another contract worked out, but he didn't. It isn't like he retired and that was it the Packers didn't want him, he had several oppurtunities to come back after his "official" retirement, but he had to be a waffling whiny ***** as always. Thats what Favre is and always was, a whiny, entitled little girl.

He insisted on acting like a whiny little girl and not like a man, and that is why so few respect him anymore.

Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is an overrated choker who failed to do anything outside of choke every year he didn't have an incredible team (96) around him.

He doesn't deserve the honor, he is a loser at heart, and he was a loser on the field. Has anyone single handedly choked away more games then Brent? Not likely.

Go away Brent, you have been replaced, and forgotten.

I understand not liking Favre. I'm not going to argue against that, but saying stuff like that is just completely incorrect.

Yes, he threw picks and lost some games, but don't let your dislike of him cloud your judgement of his overall career. He's a HOF QB who helped us win a lot of games including a Super Bowl.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand not liking Favre. I'm not going to argue against that, but saying stuff like that is just completely incorrect.

Yes, he threw picks and lost some games, but don't let your dislike of him cloud your judgement of his overall career. He's a HOF QB who helped us win a lot of games including a Super Bowl.

He lost ALOT of games by being an idiotic choker, alot. Most of them playoff games.

Name another HOF QB who choked away as many playoff games as him with incredible ints.

As I said, if that 96 team isn't incredibly loaded with talent he probably chokes that one away too.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get ready for more hate and personal attacks.
The Favre jihadists deserve hate and personal attacks, and far more besides, but I see none here.
Btw, it was more about Mac telling Berty that the train has left the station, more than Ted Thompson. That coupled with how he could no longer play in cold games made their decision the correct one. Word around the campfire has it that the Polar Bear pulled back in response to strong words, cautioning how hard it must be for him given who he is. Of course hat's not the right attitude-the sort of hardline stance reportedly held by Mac is the right attitude. The man felt himself larger than the Green Bay Packers.
None of us knows each and every detail. I am quite certain top brass in the front office knows a lot we don't know. And I am willing to be most of these secrets, if revealed, would reflect far more poorly on the traitor Some of these things likely won't be revealed for many years. So we can look forward to years more of the strife and conflict. It sucks but so be it. I will not countenance--I WILL NOT COUNTENANCE--so called Packers who turn their back on this team and support a man who, if he had his way, would have the Vikings be Super Bowl Championships while also completely sabotaging the McCarthy Rodgers era and preventing them from wining Super Bowl Championships during this era or any other..
And in relation to this ongoing Civil War, it's Berty's fault. He is the one who plotted this vendetta, purposefully instigating a Civil War in Packerland.
In the end things worked out I suppose. Had it never happened, myself and countless others would think that each and every person donning Green and Gold and that magnificent Oval G symbol are Packers fans. Now we know better.
REAL PACKERS FANS, TO THIS DAY, THERE ARE TURNCOATS IN OUR MIDST.

Attachments

• Turncoat!.jpg
    Turncoat!.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 258

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He lost ALOT of games by being an idiotic choker, alot. Most of them playoff games.

Name another HOF QB who choked away as many playoff games as him with incredible ints.
Peyton Manning would be the only one. That is why I am convinced the Vikings would have won the Super Bowl but for that technical twelve man penalty.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peyton Manning would be the only one. That is why I am convinced the Vikings would have won the Super Bowl but for that technical twelve man penalty.

And AP not coughing up the ball so many times. Favre's pick was bad, but it's only focused on because it was so late.

Game should have been out of reach by then.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Favre jihadists deserve hate and personal attacks, and far more besides, but I see none here.
Btw, it was more about Mac telling Berty that the train has left the station, more than Ted Thompson. That coupled with how he could no longer play in cold games made their decision the correct one. Word around the campfire that the Polar Bear pulled back in response to strong words, cautioning how hard it must be for him given who he is. That's not the right attitude-the sort of hardline stance reportedly held by Mac is.
None of knows each and every detail. I am quite certain top brass in the front office knows a lot we don't know. And I am willing to be most of these secrets, if revealed, would reflect far more poorly on the traitor Some of these things likely won't be revealed for many years. So we can look forward to years more of the strife and conflict. It sucks but so be it. I will not countenance--I WILL NOT COUNTENANCE--so called Packers who turn their back on this team and support a man who, if he had his way, would have the Vikings be Super Bowl Championships while also completely sabotaging the McCarthy Rodgers era.
And in relation to this ongoing Civil War, it's Berty's fault. He is the one who plotted this vendetta, purposefully sparking a Civil War in Packerland.
In the end things worked out I suppose. Had it never happened, myself and countless others would think that each and everyone donning Green and Gold and that magnificent Oval G symbol are Packers fans. Now we know better.
REAL PACKERS FANS, TO THIS DAY, THERE ARE TURNCOATS IN OUR MIDST.

Ugh, dont even get me started on those pathetic sad sacks who chose Brent over the Packers. (Puke)

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And AP not coughing up the ball so many times. Favre's pick was bad, but it's only focused on because it was so late.

Game should have been out of reach by then.

Favres pick was atrocious, more the bad really, completely and utterly terrible and ill advised, you would think he would have had enough experiance throwing away games that he would pretended to have a brain for a minute.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

As I said, if that 96 team isn't incredibly loaded with talent he probably chokes that one away too.

I already acknowledged that yes he threw picks and lost games because of them. Still though, he's a HOF QB who did a lot for us. It's inaccurate to only call him a loser who chocked away games.

Plus, look at the 1996 season and playoffs. Favre played fantastically.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ugh, dont even get me started on those pathetic sad sacks who chose Brent over the Packers. (Puke)
That's the spirit. Learn to hate. Let the hate flow through you.
I am sorry but I am duty-bound to mention those sorts each and every time. It was not that long ago. I almost got in a fist-fight with one of them on Nov 1, 2009.
I have another pic of featuring one of those jerseys spliced between two Packers and Vikings jerseys. To this day it enrages me in a way I cannot perfectly describe.
Here is one of my articles setting forth my position on the matter.

http://www.totalpackers.com/2014/08/05/brett-favre-mark-murphy-willful-ignorance/

Attachments

• turncoat lady.jpg
    turncoat lady.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 265

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I already acknowledge, that yes he threw picks and lost games because of them. Still though, he's a HOF QB who did a lot for us. It's inaccurate to only call him a loser who chocked away games.

Plus, look at the 1996 season and playoffs. Favre played fantastically.

Its not innacurate to call him a choker, because that is exactly what he was. He couldn't win a SB without his team being so dominant that he didn't have an opportunity to singlehandedly blow it.

He had great stats nearly every year that choked, it still doesn't mean he choked any less.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's the spirit. Learn to hate. Let the hate flow through you.
I am sorry but I am duty-bound to mention those sorts each and every time. It was not that long ago. I almost got in a fist-fight with one of them on Nov 1, 2009.
I have another pic of featuring one of those jerseys spliced between two Packers and Vikings jerseys. To this day it enrages me in a way I cannot perfectly describe.
Here is one of my articles setting forth my position on the matter.

http://www.totalpackers.com/2014/08/05/brett-favre-mark-murphy-willful-ignorance/

Yea I had so much fun rubbing it in all the Favre *** lickers faces after A-Rod beat him twice and won the SB, honestly made all the 09 crap completely worth it.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its not innacurate to call him a choker, because that is exactly what he was. He couldn't win a SB without his team being so dominant that he didn't have an opportunity to singlehandedly blow it.

He had great stats nearly every year that choked, it still doesn't mean he choked any less.

Again, I've acknowledged that. I was just pointing out that only calling him a losing who choked was inaccurate without mentioning the good he did.

Also, two teams have won QBs since 199o without great QB play, and both had historically great defenses. The 96 defense was good, but not 2000 Ravens nor 2002 Bucs good. Without Favre, the Packers most likely do not win the Super Bowl.

I've said this before to another poster, I understand not liking Favre, but to act like he didn't play a large role in the Packers' success is just ridiculous.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea I had so much fun rubbing it in all the Favre *** lickers faces after A-Rod beat him twice and won the SB, honestly made all the 09 crap completely worth it.
It will never be worth it, just as surviving a round of Russian roulette can never be worth it even if you survive. One technical penalty, and the world would be very, very different. Vikings would be Super Bowl Champions (that very thought makes shiver and tremble with hatred) XLV would never have happened. And I really doubt that either Mac or Thompson would even be in Green Bay.
We were all on the razor's edge, looking down the gun of a barrel. And we only just survived. The circumstances and turn of events necessary to save our arses were as freakish as that whole Steven Bartman fiasco.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will never be worth it, just as surviving a round of Russian roulette can never be worth it even if you survive. One technical penalty, and the world would be very, very different. Vikings would be Super Bowl Champions (that very thought makes shiver and tremble with hatred) XLV would never have happened. And I really doubt that either Mac or Thompson would even be in Green Bay.
We were all on the razor's edge, looking down the gun of a barrel. And we only just survived. The circumstances and turn of events necessary to save our arses were as freakish as that whole Steven Bartman fiasco.

Why would Super Bowl 45 never have happened or MM and Thompson be gone if Favre won it all?

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, I've acknowledged that. I was just pointing out that only calling him a losing who choked was inaccurate without mentioning the good he did.

Also, two teams have won QBs since 199o without great QB play, and both had historically great defenses. The 96 defense was good, but not 2000 Ravens nor 2002 Bucs good. Without Favre, the Packers most likely do not win the Super Bowl.

I've said this before to another poster, I understand not liking Favre, but to act like he didn't play a large role in the Packers' success is just ridiculous.

Favre definitely did play a large role in their success. But he was still a choker who cane up short when it counted. Take that how you will.

And to me thats what make it so worth it, it was almost like divine intervention, whiny ***** Favre and his purple failures come close and fall, only to be swiftly knocked into their place by A-Rod and the Pack, oh how sweet it was.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score

For you or anyone to suggest brentder "deserves respect" is beyond comical. No need for me to even go into the history here...we all know why he doesn't "deserve" anyone's respect. He "deserves" no respect.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would Super Bowl 45 never have happened or MM and Thompson be gone if Favre won it all?

It may have, but we most likely dont get the satisfaction of beating Brent, and Vikings fans would always have a huge one up on us. Thank the lord that Favre and the Vikings both have blowing it genetically imprinted into their DNA.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Favre was looked at as back up by the entire NFL and the Packer front office, why would Wolf and Holmgren give up a 1st round draft choice to secure him? I will say this again, most of state that the GB offense was loaded with talent during the Favre years--There will not be a HOF offensive player from GB during those 16 years. Very few went to the Pro Bowl.

Here is something a lot of people forget, Brett became a free agent while with the Packers. He sat at home. After the first wave or two he got an invite to New Orleans and then left without an offer. He came back to the Packers and signed a contract with them. If Favre was so highly regarded, why did nobody want him as a free agent? His first few years in the league, he was a marginal player. There were many fans thinking we should go with Brunell and let Brett go.

And if many in the NFL considered him a stud, why did no GM, except for Wolf, think he was a worthy of a first round pick? Beauty is in the beholder. I think Brett fails and is out of the league in a few seasons if he was not under Holmgren.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watch Last Day at Lambeau. Carefully take note of the toxic environment. Protesters picketing 1265. Little kids cursing out Rodgers. But for that technical 12 man penalty, it would have been that to some exponential power on steroids. No way 2010 would have gone down the way it did with that distraction, and the lack of fan support would have doomed both Ted and Mac. This, of course, is what Berty Judas wanted. He wanted that. That nightmarish scenario was his design. And it is why I hate him with gnashing of teeth, with every fibre of my being.
NO TO FORGIVENESS! NO TO RECONCILIATION!

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It may have, but we most likely dont get the satisfaction of beating Brent, and Vikings fans would always have a huge one up on us. Thank the lord that Favre and the Vikings both have blowing it genetically imprinted into their DNA.

For the record, I enjoyed that pick as well. I would have hated it if Favre won it all with the Vikings.

I've just gotten over what Favre did and would rather acknowledge the good of his career.

Some fans haven't gotten over it yet, or never will, but that doesn't bother me. I just don't like seeing hate towards him without also discussing the good.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watch Last Day at Lambeau. Carefully take note of the toxic environment. Protesters picketing 1265. Little kids cursing out Rodgers. But for that technical 12 man penalty, it would have been that to some exponential power on steroids. No way 2010 would have gone down the way it did with that distraction, and the lack of fan support would have doomed both Ted and Mac. This, of course, is what Berty Judas wanted. He wanted that. That nightmarish scenario was his design. And it is why I hate him with gnashing of teeth, with every fibre of my being.
NO TO FORGIVENESS! NO TO RECONCILIATION!

You're right it could have been a distraction, but based on the constant fan cries to fire Capers for years, it's clear the front office does not care about the fans' opinions in making front office decisions.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the record, I enjoyed that pick as well. I would have hated it if Favre won it all with the Vikings.

I've just gotten over what Favre did and would rather acknowledge the good of his career.

Some fans haven't gotten over it yet, or never will, but that doesn't bother me. I just don't like seeing hate towards him without also discussing the good.

And that is my only problem, to me, his good was VASTLY overrated, and his bad was VASTLY underrated, that is just the way it has always been with Favre.

To say he was overrated for the vast majority of his career would be an understatement. He is a sure fire HOFer but holy crap their used to be people actually delusional enough to call him the best to ever live, when in fact, he isn't even top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts