Favre on his way to Lambeau

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we had rodgers. The vikes took our left overs after years of hating on Favre. I thought it was a great jab in the Favre vs. GB bout.... Great drama.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre going to the Vikes is kind of funny when you think about it.

Yes so funny
Nothing funny about it, especially when they were just a technical penalty and pick away from going to the Super Bowl, which they surely would have won given how much of a choke artist Peyton Manning is.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look I was never mad a Favre for playing elsewhere. By the time he went to the Vikes, I knew Rodgers was a better choice anyways. So why was everyone so butthurt still? I have no idea. People acting like a 13 year old chick that just got dumped by the guy thet toor her cherry.... geeeez.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look I was never mad a Favre for playing elsewhere. By the time he went to the Vikes, I knew Rodgers was a better choice anyways. So why was everyone so butthurt still? I have no idea. People acting like a 13 year old chick that just got dumped by the guy thet toor her cherry.... geeeez.
Because I HATE--I TRULY HATE, WITH MURDEROUS RAGE--the Vikings. And I understand if he succeeded, tehre is no way XLV would have been possible.

D

Dan115

Nothing funny about it, especially when they were just a technical penalty and pick away from going to the Super Bowl, which they surely would have won given how much of a choke artist Peyton Manning is.

I hope you knew I was being sarcastic

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is that BF went to the Vikings BECAUSE they were our hated rival and BECAUSE he wanted to solely stick it to the packers. I don't hate him, I just understand now what and who he really is. His true character has been revealed and I have adjusted my formerly high praise to the reality.

I find it surprising that anyone would welcome him back as a hero. Maybe the analogy should be of a 13 year old chick who gets beat up cheated on and in other ways abused by her bf, but then readily takes him back. This despite his obvious lack of respect or appreciation. Pathetic. Have a little pride.

Last edited:

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is that BF went to the Vikings BECAUSE they were are hated rival and BECAUSE he wanted to solely stick it to the packers. I don't hate him, I just understand now what and who he really is. His true character has been revealed and I have adjusted my formerly high praise to the reality.

I find it surprising that anyone would welcome him back as a hero. Maybe the analogy should be of a 13 year old chick who gets beat up cheated on and in other ways abused by her bf, but then readily takes him back. Pathetic. Have a little pride.
That's a very sick analogy.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
The problem is that BF went to the Vikings BECAUSE they were are hated rival and BECAUSE he wanted to solely stick it to the packers. I don't hate him, I just understand now what and who he really is. His true character has been revealed and I have adjusted my formerly high praise to the reality.

I find it surprising that anyone would welcome him back as a hero. Maybe the analogy should be of a 13 year old chick who gets beat up cheated on and in other ways abused by her bf, but then readily takes him back. Pathetic. Have a little pride.

Love this comment, but especially the bold! The analogy may BE a little much...but because its true!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre going to the Vikes is kind of funny when you think about it.

Yes so funny

I hope you knew I was being sarcastic
Truly if you think about it, Favre going to the Vikings benefited the Packers and Packers fans more than anything. Sure he beat us in two games in 2009....we still made the playoffs and could have gone on but couldn't beat the Cardinals. The icing on the cake is that Favre gave false hope to Vikings fans and then tore their hearts to shreds with his season-ending interception. Then he let Childress beg him to come back to play, and he let them down again for a second season.

He built up the dreams of Vikings fans and then did a Lucy-pulling-the-football on them. It is the perfect scenario for us especially since we won the Super Bowl the next season. How much better could that have worked out? Maybe we actually owe Favre some thanks! His move brought us Rodgers sooner. ;)

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
My analogy for Favre’s betrayal of the Packers and Packers fans is a con artist who cons a group of people. Even after the con has been exposed some of the group won’t admit they were conned because they were so invested in it. As a member of the group I am more embarrassed than anything else for those Packers fans who continue to be in denial about Favre’s trying to help opponents beat the Packers and conspiring – and lying – in order to join the arch-rivals to the west in order to 'stick it' to Thompson and the Packers. His disgracing himself in New York was another clue revealing his character.

My only interest now is to help correct the record when some attempt to distort it. It’s been my experience on this board and elsewhere that many of the most ardent Favre fans are ignorant of what actually happened. For example some still seem in denial that in 2008 Favre voluntarily retired, unretired and was welcomed back, and then unretired again. IMO all the BS that happened that year and beyond was Favre's fault. The only fault I find in Thompson and McCarthy was failing to realize what a childish and low character person they were dealing with.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, if I were at the game, I would sit silent.
You, and a lot of us with you. I don't boo players, unless they tank in order to get traded--like Gary Sheffield. Favre showed up every week, good or bad. He just became bigger than the team in his own mind.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre needs to just stop worrying about boo birds. Their actions reflect perfectly their intellect. He's arguably the best Grren Bay Packer football player ever, one of the greatest to ever play in the NFL, and he is largely responsible for turning the franchise into what it is today. If there are people out there who want to boo him because he was a football player first, and a Green Bay Packer somewhere down the line, then they just don't get how a great football player is wired (among other things). He needs to just show up, enjoy the day, and laugh (maybe chuckle) at the people making fools out of themselves booing.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
He's arguably the best Grren Bay Packer football player ever, one of the greatest to ever play in the NFL, and he is largely responsible for turning the franchise into what it is today.
This is a great example of someone who remains conned. Perhaps embarrassed by how fully he was conned by Favre, or perhaps still clueless. He’s not the best Packer football player ever, he’s not even the best QB in Packers history. When Rodgers retires he’ll be third in line. Bob Harlan, Ron Wolf, and Mike Holmgren were largely responsible for turning the franchise around. Thinking Favre was “largely responsible” just exposes your lack of intellect/hero worship.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who the hell is John F. Kennedy? The man who shall not be named is in WI? I never got a picture.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is that BF went to the Vikings BECAUSE they were our hated rival and BECAUSE he wanted to solely stick it to the packers. I don't hate him, I just understand now what and who he really is. His true character has been revealed and I have adjusted my formerly high praise to the reality.

I find it surprising that anyone would welcome him back as a hero. Maybe the analogy should be of a 13 year old chick who gets beat up cheated on and in other ways abused by her bf, but then readily takes him back. This despite his obvious lack of respect or appreciation. Pathetic. Have a little pride.

Favre also being a perfect fit for a team who was just a QB away from being really good certainly played in the decision as well.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a great example of someone who remains conned. Perhaps embarrassed by how fully he was conned by Favre, or perhaps still clueless. He’s not the best Packer football player ever, he’s not even the best QB in Packers history. When Rodgers retires he’ll be third in line. Bob Harlan, Ron Wolf, and Mike Holmgren were largely responsible for turning the franchise around. Thinking Favre was “largely responsible” just exposes your lack of intellect/hero worship.

Harlan, Wolf, Holmgren, were largely responsible, but so were Favre and White and probably some others.

This guy was 3x MVP. There's no denying Favre played a huge role in the turnaround. Without him, the Packers in the 90s would not have been nearly as good.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre also being a perfect fit for a team who was just a QB away from being really good certainly played in the decision as well.
BFs comments at the time were he went there to stick it to TT. If you think it wasn't the plan all along, in his interviews before being traded to the Jets, he referred to the Vikings as "we" as if he was already on the team.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Harlan, Wolf, Holmgren, were largely responsible, but so were Favre and White and probably some others.

This guy was 3x MVP. There's no denying Favre played a huge role in the turnaround. Without him, the Packers in the 90s would not have been nearly as good.

Burnell ended up being pretty good..

There are games Brett "lost" because of the wrong int at the wrong time--

If Mark would have been the starter who is to say we still would have lost those games

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My analogy for Favre’s betrayal of the Packers and Packers fans is a con artist who cons a group of people. Even after the con has been exposed some of the group won’t admit they were conned because they were so invested in it. As a member of the group I am more embarrassed than anything else for those Packers fans who continue to be in denial about Favre’s trying to help opponents beat the Packers and conspiring – and lying – in order to join the arch-rivals to the west in order to 'stick it' to Thompson and the Packers. His disgracing himself in New York was another clue revealing his character.

My only interest now is to help correct the record when some attempt to distort it. It’s been my experience on this board and elsewhere that many of the most ardent Favre fans are ignorant of what actually happened. For example some still seem in denial that in 2008 Favre voluntarily retired, unretired and was welcomed back, and then unretired again. IMO all the BS that happened that year and beyond was Favre's fault. The only fault I find in Thompson and McCarthy was failing to realize what a childish and low character person they were dealing with.

Brent apologists will never ever change. Did you see this on the news last night? The idiot had a throng of adoring morons flocking outside his steakhouse after his appearance. They interviewed what I would call the classic Brett fan and she was balling...and she said "I don't even blame him for not signing any autographs". WHAT?! He had a couple blind followers that actually took the time to show their "support" and wait outside in the cold and Brett just flew right by them and didn't even sign ONE item for one person! lol

Ya...sure sounds to me like he's real worried about changing people's perception of him in Green Bay. What a complete azzhat.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BFs comments at the time were he went there to stick it to TT. If you think it wasn't the plan all along, in his interviews before being traded to the Jets, he referred to the Vikings as "we" as if he was already on the team.

If the Vikings were a terrible team who would have been bad even with him, I just don't see Favre going there over a better fit somewhere else.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We can have hatred for Brett w/o the name calling as you did nomo

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Burnell ended up being pretty good..

There are games Brett "lost" because of the wrong int at the wrong time--

If Mark would have been the starter who is to say we still would have lost those games

Huge difference between pretty good and first ballot HOF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts