Favre had players break in his shoe inserts??

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/138420494.html

Indianapolis -- Dave Tollefson never played a game for the Green Bay Packers. The 2006 seventh-round pick is one player who got away. Now with the New York Giants, the defensive lineman is aiming for a second Super Bowl ring.
His biggest impact in Green Bay? Doing Brett Favre's grunt work. For one week, Tollefson was forced to break in the future Hall of Famer's shoe insoles. It was an awful experience.
"He didn't want them to hurt his feet," Tollefson said, "so it hurt my feet.
"They were his actual molded insoles. It was terrible. They needed them broken in and why not me? I wore the same-sized shoe. I had to wear them during practice. It was terrible. It was killing me for weeks after that. ... When you're a rookie, you'll do anything."

I wish i had someone to do that for mine..I rupture my plantar fascitis? ( Antonio Gates has it and was out for a year) I needed the 700$ ones and had to get back to work in a month..And holy crap they did hurt..

Lucky Brett ;)

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before we throw Favre under the bus, we might want to find out how many other teams do this sort of thing. Maybe they all do it, maybe none. Although I think that from a team perspective, you'd rather have Dave Tollefson's feet hurting than Favre's.

Imagine the headline if Favre was on the injury report for several weeks with sore feet from new shoe inserts. THAT would have made the news.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Before we throw Favre under the bus, we might want to find out how many other teams do this sort of thing. Maybe they all do it, maybe none. Although I think that from a team perspective, you'd rather have Dave Tollefson's feet hurting than Favre's.

Imagine the headline if Favre was on the injury report for several weeks with sore feet from new shoe inserts. THAT would have made the news.

Hmmm.... here I always thought the "aw shucks" kid played barefooted....

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Yup I agree..Maybe they all do it..Maybe it is a league wide no written rule with this stuff.

But going through this sort of stuff makes me wonder how can some one else feet break in inserts that were custom made for me? It would start to mold to the foot of the other person..Then I would have to break them in anyways

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I am sorry but this story and the replies here are simply hilarious.

:roflmao:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre has no sole.
Reminds me of a joke I read quite a while ago.

A man was walking home from work when it started to rain.
He stopped at a newsstand and bought a copy of the Times.
When he got home, he put the newspaper on the floor and then his shoes on top of the paper.
Pointing to the paper and his shoes he then said, "These are the times that dry men's soles."

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Brett hasn't played all year and he still gets talked about lol amazing. Must be nice for him.

I have to agree with this though, like we haven't already beat a dead horse...

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Reminds me of a joke I read quite a while ago.

A man was walking home from work when it started to rain.
He stopped at a newsstand and bought a copy of the Times.
When he got home, he put the newspaper on the floor and then his shoes on top of the paper.
Pointing to the paper and his shoes he then said, "These are the times that dry men's soles."

Ahr...ahr... that was verrryyyy punny.... ;)

{Don't ************ over there and tell you to stop it.}

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I was just informed it was Red Batty that arranged this

I still wish I wold have had someone break mine in..

I will get Red to see if he has a player for me lol

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
You ought to go to Brett's web site and get on that forum. OMG. I am a Brett fan and enjoyed his football play. I really think he turned the whole thing around but the people on his web site forum are die hard, mean people. They hate the Packers and can't get over the fact that people move on. I got kicked off because I pointed out some things that they didn't want to hear. He was a great quarterback but he didn't replace God.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
You ought to go to Brett's web site and get on that forum. OMG. I am a Brett fan and enjoyed his football play. I really think he turned the whole thing around but the people on his web site forum are die hard, mean people. They hate the Packers and can't get over the fact that people move on. I got kicked off because I pointed out some things that they didn't want to hear. He was a great quarterback but he didn't replace God.

The strangest thing I ever saw over there was the girl whose auto-correct wasn't capitalizing "favre" and she couldn't get it to work. She actually got pounced on, and when she explained, a moderator (who I always thought was a pretty okay guy) advised her to get that together.

No, I'm not kidding.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
I never heard a more goofy bunch of people. Conspiracy theories everywhere. Thompson has some sort of voodoo spell over the media telling them to say bad things about Brett. I once told them that they need some balance in their lives and man did I get it. I also told them that they needed to get a life. That didn't go over too well. I can't believe that Brett would even read any of that dribble about him. I would be embarrassed.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER

I did not put Rocky up to any of this..He ?? is his own person...I dont know him nor have I asked him to post about OBF

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I never heard a more goofy bunch of people. Conspiracy theories everywhere. Thompson has some sort of voodoo spell over the media telling them to say bad things about Brett. I once told them that they need some balance in their lives and man did I get it. I also told them that they needed to get a life. That didn't go over too well. I can't believe that Brett would even read any of that dribble about him. I would be embarrassed.

You have no idea about the odd things they do and say lol

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The strangest thing I ever saw over there was the girl whose auto-correct wasn't capitalizing "favre" and she couldn't get it to work. She actually got pounced on, and when she explained, a moderator (who I always thought was a pretty okay guy) advised her to get that together.

No, I'm not kidding.
I believe it.

Now let's test this place: aaron rodgers.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
Thank you. I am my own person. That was why I was banned from that site. If you look at their stats, there are not that many people on that site. What I said was from personal experience. I posted for about 6 months and was amazed at some of things I read. Almost from the beginning I was in trouble. I was warned several times and finally they banned me. I just couldn't sit there and not say anything when some of those people blindly gushed no matter what the facts. One time I pointed out that Brett had some guilt in his final dismissal. WOW! I got killed for about a week. Someone from this forum wrote that he thought that AR played well against the Giants and he really got it. These forums are supposed to be a place where you can voice your opinion without some out of balance people trying to verbally kill you. I think these forums are fun. You can always have disagreements but that is why we post. We all have OUR OWN opinions. I even told one lady that I was NOT the DEVIL. I don't think she believed me.

Latest posts