Favre get's snippy about the Packers again

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
From the news.net web page:
In an ESPN interview with Ed Werder Favre was asked how he felt about the Packers starting 2-0 without him. Favre said "when they have 16 good years give me a call". He offered no praise for Aaron Rodgers and is clearly still bitter.

Andy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett does need to let it go. However, he did say some very nice things about Rodgers last week. This is ALL about Favre vs. TT, not Favre vs. Rodgers.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't the guy just leave it at "no comment"? Hopefully it will **** the team of and make them come out gunning for awhile.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
I was 1st one to reply to wizards initial post

I looked in the mod logs, nothing was deleted. Also checked your posts, and it doesn't show up there either. Don't know.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
well anyways

I said that wssp was talking about this today and majority of callers were tired of Brett and his digs to the Packers..

I for one ish he would just tell these guys lets talk about the JETS........ the team I PLAY for

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is like the guy who decides to dump his wife or girlfriend and then soon comes to regret it and miss her as he realizes what he's done and lost. But theres's no going back because she's now wedded to another.
Favre can still play but so far I'm liking what I'm seeing of Aaron Rodgers a lot more. Maybe it's still learning the Jets' offense but Favre doesn't seem to have the pop and swagger of his Green Bay years. Sideline shots he looks like he's thinking,"What am I doing here?" I think he still can't belive it turned out like this.
Miami stayed close with him and he missed an opportunity to make a statement by losing to the Patriots sans Tom Brady last week. This week he has to visit an angry Chargers team on the coast Monday night.
There's a good chance by this time next week A Rod and the Pack will be 3-0 while Brett the Jet will be 1-2. How dare the Packers succeed without him.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packerlifer said:
Favre is like the guy who decides to dump his wife or girlfriend and then soon comes to regret it and miss her as he realizes what he's done and lost. But theres's no going back because she's now wedded to another.
Favre can still play but so far I'm liking what I'm seeing of Aaron Rodgers a lot more. Maybe it's still learning the Jets' offense but Favre doesn't seem to have the pop and swagger of his Green Bay years. Sideline shots he looks like he's thinking,"What am I doing here?" I think he still can't belive it turned out like this.
Miami stayed close with him and he missed an opportunity to make a statement by losing to the Patriots sans Tom Brady last week. This week he has to visit an angry Chargers team on the coast Monday night.
There's a good chance by this time next week A Rod and the Pack will be 3-0 while Brett the Jet will be 1-2. How dare the Packers succeed without him.

Interesting observation, Packerlifer. That NYJ Charger game should be a good one to watch. SD is really hurting for a W.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Just watched the Replay of the 1995 NFC Championship Game on NFL Network tonight. I honestly didn't remember the score or much of what happened in the game except that we lost. But, When we were down by 4 and driving in the 4th, I said to myself "This is the place Favre throws the game away!"Sure enough, he throws a pick off a dumb throw!

That aspect of his game, I don't miss at all. Let the Jets deal with it now. I miss the play maker side of the young Brett and the fact he was a great QB for GB for all those years. But the stupid throw side, good riddance.

PacFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre should have had at least three, perhaps four, SB wins with the Packers in his time here but he simply had too many mediocre or bad games when it counted.

The fact is, the Packers don't need "16 good years" under new field leadership because Favre himself didn't have "16 good years". The framework was in place for Favre to have another good season but he chose to retire (mostly due to hurt feelings about the Packers pushing him for a decision - well, if you want a decision right now, I'll retire then). I believe the Pack will have many successful years without Favre because under Thompson and McCarthy the Packers are a team-first organization that personifies class through out the entire league. If the Pack somehow loses sight of that orientation, we may revert back to the horry years of the 70's and 80's.

OP
OP
wizard 87

wizard 87

Reaction score
PacFaninBucLand said:
Favre should have had at least three, perhaps four, SB wins with the Packers in his time here but he simply had too many mediocre or bad games when it counted.

The fact is, the Packers don't need "16 good years" under new field leadership because Favre himself didn't have "16 good years". The framework was in place for Favre to have another good season but he chose to retire (mostly due to hurt feelings about the Packers pushing him for a decision - well, if you want a decision right now, I'll retire then). I believe the Pack will have many successful years without Favre because under Thompson and McCarthy the Packers are a team-first organization that personifies class through out the entire league. If the Pack somehow loses sight of that orientation, we may revert back to the horry years of the 70's and 80's.
I don't know that anyone could have said that better...bravo.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PacFaninBucLand said:

How short the memory is of the fans in this state. Does anyone remeber who was coaching for a good portion of his career? I'll tell you if you forgot. Rhodes and a guy by the name of Mike Sherman. These guys did nothing to improve the team while they coached, made bad draft choices and calles some really lousy games. Remeber 4 and 26? I don't care who you have at QB, a team wont win with guys like that at the head of the organization. Yes he did make some dumb plays and I screamed at the TV like the rest of you. But remember that if it had not been for him, GB would not have been competative in the least. Had it not been for Favre, we would have not had the seasone we did last year. This team had NO running game in the first half of the season. He made the plays that compensated for this. What strikes me funny is how everyone is willing ti believe TT and paint Favre as a liar. Yes he shouldn't have retired if he wasn't ready, but we don't know what was said behind closed doors and we don't know the entire story. The bottom line is TT is taking a chance with a contending team and we may not see another SB win for a long time if #12 doesn't pan out.

I have said this before, TT and McCarthy are not the geniuses that so many in this state think they are. Take the last drive we had in the Minnisota game. A good coach doesn't run it up the gut three straight times and give the ball back to a team that had the ability for a big play to win the game. But our team was good enough to win despite him. As for TT, all this cap money he has is going to mean zero in 2010 when there won't be a cap and many of our players take th big check from a big market team. Flame me if you want, but thats how I see it

OP
OP
wizard 87

wizard 87

Reaction score
no flaming required..you have your opinion..others have there opinion. It's cool.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good grief. Brett, give it a rest. Instead of pizzing and moaning about how TT and MM done you wrong, just go and play football. You're gonna have your hands full with an angry Bolt team Monday night so concentrate on that.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why post this here? We've moved on Aaron is our QB now. I love Brett, but I ignored everything he said in that interview.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre did have 16 good years. A lot better than a lot of NFL players. But we should all move on because it's all over and done with.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
angryguy77 said:
PacFaninBucLand said:

How short the memory is of the fans in this state. Does anyone remeber who was coaching for a good portion of his career? I'll tell you if you forgot. Rhodes and a guy by the name of Mike Sherman. These guys did nothing to improve the team while they coached, made bad draft choices and calles some really lousy games. Remeber 4 and 26? I don't care who you have at QB, a team wont win with guys like that at the head of the organization. Yes he did make some dumb plays and I screamed at the TV like the rest of you. But remember that if it had not been for him, GB would not have been competative in the least. Had it not been for Favre, we would have not had the seasone we did last year. This team had NO running game in the first half of the season. He made the plays that compensated for this. What strikes me funny is how everyone is willing ti believe TT and paint Favre as a liar. Yes he shouldn't have retired if he wasn't ready, but we don't know what was said behind closed doors and we don't know the entire story. The bottom line is TT is taking a chance with a contending team and we may not see another SB win for a long time if #12 doesn't pan out.

I have said this before, TT and McCarthy are not the geniuses that so many in this state think they are. Take the last drive we had in the Minnisota game. A good coach doesn't run it up the gut three straight times and give the ball back to a team that had the ability for a big play to win the game. But our team was good enough to win despite him. As for TT, all this cap money he has is going to mean zero in 2010 when there won't be a cap and many of our players take th big check from a big market team. Flame me if you want, but thats how I see it

Right on, Angry Guy! Couldn't have said it better myself. I remember the Packers of eighties. All I remember is GBP becoming a highly competive team shortly after Favre got there. I'll always think of Favre in a positive light. Retirement blunder or not.