Favre a Judas or a Genius?

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont even need to read it to say he is a self serving *******. He *********** everyone with his I dont play for records I just love to play the game and I want to play in Green Bay crap.

Its always been about him.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre's a genius.

Actually, I think he's proven beyond a reasonable doubt that he understands what it takes to win in the NFL. It cannot be done solely with poke-n-hope draft picks and cut-rate free agents. There needs to be balance between the draft and solid free agency talent - it costs money, there's no getting around it.

And to bolster my argument, one need only look at the Vikings' 2009 record. While many Packers fans were lambasting Vikings' management for spending money (with the proverbial "mortgage the future" whine) on players like Jared Allen, Ryan Longwell and Pat Williams and then really believing that Favre had no chance for success in Minnesota when all signs pointed to the contrary, Vikings' brass quietly stuck with their plan and to Childress' credit, he courted Favre heavily. Childress stated this past summer that Favre was "still a top 5 NFL QB talent" and he was chided repeatedly for it. Well, after 10 weeks of the 2009 season, Favre is solidly entrenched as the NFL's #1 rated quarterback - http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...ING&qualified=true&season=2009&seasonType=REG . He's completely carrying the Vikings. Petersen has already lost a step in his young career, and Favre is covering for him playing extraordinarily well.

I told anybody that would listen that this was what was going to happen to Favre in 2009 and beyond because reading between the lines, this is what Favre was saying since he voiced his displeasure with Packers' brass years ago. I am very pleased Favre is enjoying success because he has certainly earned his stripes.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree nearly completely.

The thing about it to me is that bitter Packers fans resemble the jealous husband almost to a "T". Instead of directing their anger towards the real culprit, they focus all their hate in the wrong direction. It helps them with their short term emotions, but does NOTHING to solve the long-term issue, which is THE WIFE.

For example, the wife has a fling with another man. The husband goes after the "other man" with all his rage and emotion. The problem is, the "other man" is NOT the inherent issue - it's the wife. So, beating the hell outta the other dude might make a guy feel better, but it does absolutely NOTHING to address the real problem.

And, the really sad thing about it is not so much that we lost Brett Favre, but that Aaron Rodgers is going to have to endure the same type of team management as Favre did for three years - fly-by-nite and nickel-dime. We can all bash Brett Favre until the cows come home, but that does little for ensuring future Packers' success.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I dont even need to read it to say he is a self serving *******. He *********** everyone with his I dont play for records I just love to play the game and I want to play in Green Bay crap.

Its always been about him.

Brett Favre is a GENIUS...

The TT ball hugging/washing fools with their heads buried in the sand are the traitors and morons, as far as i'm concerned, to the Green Bay Packers...

They are TT worshiper's, rather than Packer fans..or in other words, "Tedophiles"...

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peterson has not lost a step but is doing his part for the team.

You snooze, you lose. Something is obviously not right will All Day. His numbers are way down (accept TD's), and he's not breaking as many big runs as we are accustomed to seeing. This is fact. I mean, how many no-gain running plays do you have to see in one season to figure out that something is wrong? After all, the conventional wisdom is that the Vikings have the greatest offensive line in all of football, even though Petersen's numbers are down. So, it must be Petersen, right???

In all seriousness, I think Petersen is struggling with "something", and I also am quite certain the Vikings' run-blocking is NOT the best in the league. Chris Johnson has been much more explosive than Petersen this season. And, that's with a washed-up QB under center and a semi-retarded QB.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You snooze, you lose. Something is obviously not right will All Day. His numbers are way down (accept TD's), and he's not breaking as many big runs as we are accustomed to seeing. This is fact. I mean, how many no-gain running plays do you have to see in one season to figure out that something is wrong? After all, the conventional wisdom is that the Vikings have the greatest offensive line in all of football, even though Petersen's numbers are down. So, it must be Petersen, right???

In all seriousness, I think Petersen is struggling with "something", and I also am quite certain the Vikings' run-blocking is NOT the best in the league. Chris Johnson has been much more explosive than Petersen this season. And, that's with a washed-up QB under center and a semi-retarded QB.
His numbers are way down because they've run it a lot less... They don't have to keep forcing the run, with a QB that can actually complete a pass.

He has faced the same number of 8 man and 9 man boxes, teams still stack the line to force the Vikings to pass. But that's not been very helpful.

Teams are picking their poison. For the most of the time, they're risking facing Favre rather than facing Peterson. And the Vikings aren't stupid. They'll just let Favre pick those run-stacked defenses appart.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll see how Vince Young performs. So far, he's been pretty good. I'm inclined to believe he's a more mature player, now...

Ok, but he's borderline retarded, really. C'mon - a "4" on the Wonderlic? And, you hear him speak and one wonders how in the hell this dude can balance his check book? I mean, absolutely nothing between the ears but space.

How in the hell can some men in this country be so dumb? It doesn't make sense. I mean, even if you are a slacker and have parents who refuse to parent.....it's mind boggling that there are still people in this country - given the fact that ALL people are afforded access to gobs of information and education and everybody has more than enough money to eat - just look at how fat Americans are getting, namely the poorer Americans - like Vince Young. Amazing.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The wonderlic is such an easy test too. I took it and scored a 45 not even being serious about it.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The wonderlic is such an easy test too. I took it and scored a 45 not even being serious about it.

I just don't understand what's going on in this country, I guess. My parents never forced education onto me and I never took it terribly seriously when I was younger, but when I reached a certain age, I buckled down on my own and got 'R done and believe me, I'm not overly "hungry" in terms of climbing the ladder. Everything I have and achieved, I did on my own and without any prodding from anybody. This is what makes it so much more frustrating to see so many Americans championing idiocy and mediocrity. It makes no sense.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't understand what's going on in this country, I guess. My parents never forced education onto me and I never took it terribly seriously when I was younger, but when I reached a certain age, I buckled down on my own and got 'R done and believe me, I'm not overly "hungry" in terms of climbing the ladder. Everything I have and achieved, I did on my own and without any prodding from anybody. This is what makes it so much more frustrating to see so many Americans championing idiocy and mediocrity. It makes no sense.
Everybody in america just wants to use the "easy" button. My way of looking at things is "work smarter not harder."

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre: MVP! MVP! MVP! | Bleacher Report

Scout.com: Favre getting MVP attention

The reason I believe Favre will win the MVP for 2009 is because the media is all about great stories nowadays, and stories that have legs and whose legs are strong and don't give out easily.

Peyton Manning winning the MVP? Nobody cares. Drew Brees? Better than Manning because it would be his first. But, Brett Favre? Oh, that has to be a delicious thought for the media and the networks that carries the NFCCG and Super Bowl. If I remember correctly, the MVP is given out the morning of the conference championship games, correct? Minnesota at New Orleans with Favre having secured the award would make for a seriously compelling story.

MVP voting is rigged no matter how you look at it because in football, the most complete team game, there really is no clear-cut MVP of a team. So, the winners are usually the guys on the teams with the best records, which ironically the teams wouldn't have great records if their teammates weren't also great.

I think it hurts Manning that he won it last season. Fans and writers will surely hunger for a new man, which I believe will be Brett Favre. Brett is compelling. Manning and Brees are not.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, but he's borderline retarded, really. C'mon - a "4" on the Wonderlic? And, you hear him speak and one wonders how in the hell this dude can balance his check book? I mean, absolutely nothing between the ears but space.

How in the hell can some men in this country be so dumb? It doesn't make sense. I mean, even if you are a slacker and have parents who refuse to parent.....it's mind boggling that there are still people in this country - given the fact that ALL people are afforded access to gobs of information and education and everybody has more than enough money to eat - just look at how fat Americans are getting, namely the poorer Americans - like Vince Young. Amazing.
Well, he'll never be a Nobel prize contender, but retarded?

Wonderlic was so bad because he didn't care about it. And he still went in top 10...

Balancing check books, he doesn't have to do that.

He never failed in college did him?

My point is he's smart enough for what he does. He's definitely not the smartest QB in the league, that's for sure. But retarded?

I don't know about America's education, but I know plenty about failed educational system, and let me tell you something: Yeah, the schools are at blame. But the root of the problem are the values absent in families.

Here where I live, it's even more distorced. Good and Bad, Right and Wrong, it seems like the majority stands by the strayed, and if you so happens to be one of the minority who actually respects the traffic rules, for instance, you're taken for a fool.

But I digressed. The NFL, as much complex as it is, is still a game. If the guy is talented, and have the leadership and emotional skills (something Young seemed to lack, but never showed that in college), it's up to the QBs Coach and the OC to make a gameplan suited for him.

I see his learning disabilities as a flaw, much like a not-so-stronged armed QB. But I believe everybody who doesn't have a condition is able to learn, just need more time...

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

Peterson's numbers are way down. OK.

At the ten game mark:

2009 209 att 999 yards 11 tds rushing. 25 recp. 215 yards rec. 1,214 total yards.
2008 225 att 1100 yards 7 tds rushing. 16 recp. 99 yards rec. 1,199 total yards.

So on 16 less attempts he has 101 yards less rushing, which is 10 yards a game. Yeah, he's lost a step alright. If you take his average rush this year and multiply it by the number of rushes he had last year at this time it comes out to: 1102 yards.

Man I'm worried about him. Last week they had quote from Peterson that when asked about Brett being on the team he said. Paraphrasing here: "It's been great, I feel the freshist ever at this time of the year."

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is not a genius. A genius figures out how to get to the moon and back, or maybe works on a cure for cancer. No. 4 is a ******* athlete. It doesn't take a lot of brains to figure out if you want to play and to know that you are still good at it. Favre hated Ted Thompson and Ted Thompson hated Favre. It was over in Green Bay for him and he moved on. The fans forget that a pro football team is a business. They are all about the romance, thus the traitor bs. When Favre is done doing what he is good at, the most important thing he'll probably do is to make sure the cutting deck on his lawnmower isn't too low. Not like another Viking, Robert Smith, who quit pro football to go to medical school. That's a genius.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Favre is not a genius. A genius figures out how to get to the moon and back, or maybe works on a cure for cancer. No. 4 is a ******* athlete. It doesn't take a lot of brains to figure out if you want to play and to know that you are still good at it. Favre hated Ted Thompson and Ted Thompson hated Favre. It was over in Green Bay for him and he moved on. The fans forget that a pro football team is a business. They are all about the romance, thus the traitor bs. When Favre is done doing what he is good at, the most important thing he'll probably do is to make sure the cutting deck on his lawnmower isn't too low. Not like another Viking, Robert Smith, who quit pro football to go to medical school. That's a genius.

More and more I'm starting to believe (based on information and conversations I've had with someone close to the Packers organisation) that TT's hands were "forced" when it came to the Favre Debacle and the Randy Moss (possible) trade ...

Favre doesn't "hate" Ted Thomson, just as Ted Thomson doesn't "hate" Favre ... There is alot of information that would indicate when it came to the Moss deal (that the media has blown way out of proportions as being the "reason" that things got "screwy" between Favre and Ted Thomson), Ted Thomson didn't have much of a choice in regards to "securing" Randy Moss ...

The irony of it all is that Ted Thomson and Favre were a "perfect fit" for each other ... But alas things went "south" and the rest is as we say "history" ...

Personally I think the Packers "Executive Board Commitee" and Mark Murphy is more to blame than anyone ... Because it would seem they have been meddling in football operations alot - more than they should have ...

As for Adrian Peterson ... - Saying that he has "lost something" would be far fetched ... - His numbers are about the same or very close ... the real difference is that AD (AP) is getting more receiving yards as well ... And the number of times that he has to run pr game has decreased, which is actually a positive thing, when you look at his numbers which are still impressive ... Don't forget, the past few seasons, no team respected the Vikings passing attack, and everything (literally) was up to AD ... Thus Ad got alot more carries pr. game and as a consequences also greater numbers ... This season, AD is coming out of the games alot fresher than before, and it shows ...

But back to Ted Thomson ... - While I heavily disagree with alot of the dispositions and apparent "philosphy" Thomson has when it comes to how to build a team, I actually also think that when it comes to free agency and spending money, I am inclined to believe that he may have been more hindered than what has been let out to the media, in terms of how much he could spend on free agency ... - Don't forget that the salary cap will be gone soon, and contrary to other franchises, the Packers are not owned by a single (or several) "rich men", but constituted as a "Public Corporation" and thus has different responsibilities towards their share holders ... - It wouldn't surprise me to see that the Packers have been very stingy with spending money these past few seasons, simply because the organisation is getting ready for the no salary cap situations ...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More and more I'm starting to believe (based on information and conversations I've had with someone close to the Packers organisation) that TT's hands were "forced" when it came to the Favre Debacle and the Randy Moss (possible) trade ...

Favre doesn't "hate" Ted Thomson, just as Ted Thomson doesn't "hate" Favre ... There is alot of information that would indicate when it came to the Moss deal (that the media has blown way out of proportions as being the "reason" that things got "screwy" between Favre and Ted Thomson), Ted Thomson didn't have much of a choice in regards to "securing" Randy Moss ...

The irony of it all is that Ted Thomson and Favre were a "perfect fit" for each other ... But alas things went "south" and the rest is as we say "history" ...

Personally I think the Packers "Executive Board Commitee" and Mark Murphy is more to blame than anyone ... Because it would seem they have been meddling in football operations alot - more than they should have ...

As for Adrian Peterson ... - Saying that he has "lost something" would be far fetched ... - His numbers are about the same or very close ... the real difference is that AD (AP) is getting more receiving yards as well ... And the number of times that he has to run pr game has decreased, which is actually a positive thing, when you look at his numbers which are still impressive ... Don't forget, the past few seasons, no team respected the Vikings passing attack, and everything (literally) was up to AD ... Thus Ad got alot more carries pr. game and as a consequences also greater numbers ... This season, AD is coming out of the games alot fresher than before, and it shows ...

But back to Ted Thomson ... - While I heavily disagree with alot of the dispositions and apparent "philosphy" Thomson has when it comes to how to build a team, I actually also think that when it comes to free agency and spending money, I am inclined to believe that he may have been more hindered than what has been let out to the media, in terms of how much he could spend on free agency ... - Don't forget that the salary cap will be gone soon, and contrary to other franchises, the Packers are not owned by a single (or several) "rich men", but constituted as a "Public Corporation" and thus has different responsibilities towards their share holders ... - It wouldn't surprise me to see that the Packers have been very stingy with spending money these past few seasons, simply because the organisation is getting ready for the no salary cap situations ...
I've heard that about TT and Favre, that it was more about the Board than TT himself... And I kind of agree with that.

However, how do one explain this?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Not sure ... - however it looks a little too much "photo-shopped" to me ...

If you notice the lines "ThanksTed" ... it's either a sign plastered on the jersey or it's just cut and pasted onto the image ... - Atleast that is what it looks like ...

I've actually seen that same picture without the "ThanksTed" sign on it, just don't remember where I saw that article ...

TheHeretic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre's a genius.

Actually, I think he's proven beyond a reasonable doubt that he understands what it takes to win in the NFL. It cannot be done solely with poke-n-hope draft picks and cut-rate free agents. There needs to be balance between the draft and solid free agency talent - it costs money, there's no getting around it.

And to bolster my argument, one need only look at the Vikings' 2009 record. While many Packers fans were lambasting Vikings' management for spending money (with the proverbial "mortgage the future" whine) on players like Jared Allen, Ryan Longwell and Pat Williams and then really believing that Favre had no chance for success in Minnesota when all signs pointed to the contrary, Vikings' brass quietly stuck with their plan and to Childress' credit, he courted Favre heavily. Childress stated this past summer that Favre was "still a top 5 NFL QB talent" and he was chided repeatedly for it. Well, after 10 weeks of the 2009 season, Favre is solidly entrenched as the NFL's #1 rated quarterback - NFL Stats: by Player Category . He's completely carrying the Vikings. Petersen has already lost a step in his young career, and Favre is covering for him playing extraordinarily well.

I told anybody that would listen that this was what was going to happen to Favre in 2009 and beyond because reading between the lines, this is what Favre was saying since he voiced his displeasure with Packers' brass years ago. I am very pleased Favre is enjoying success because he has certainly earned his stripes.
Favre is an idiot. An idiot with low character and an oversize ego who cant seem to grasp the concept that he is not the TEAM and the world doesnt REVOLVE around Brett Favre. Ohh Boohoo he didn't get along with Packer management. SO WHAT!! Nobody gets along with their management. Just shows what a BIG PU$$Y he turned into. So whats next if he doesnt get along with the Vikings? Retire again and move to Detroit? By going to the Vikings he pretty much crapped all over the very fans who supported him for all those years. He also clearly illustrated what an complete and utter self centered ********* he really is. It was NEVER about the team it was always about BRETT FAVRE. So if the Vikings want him? They can have him.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Packer's Management didn't "want" him. They wanted to go with their "boy" Aaron Rodgers.

I'm tired of explaining it over and over because your type will never get it. But what I really think is pissing you off is that Favre and the Vikes are 9-1...and the Pack is headed for 7-9...(truly mediocre).

:rotfl:

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Favre is an idiot. An idiot with low character and an oversize ego who cant seem to grasp the concept that he is not the TEAM and the world doesnt REVOLVE around Brett Favre. Ohh Boohoo he didn't get along with Packer management. SO WHAT!! Nobody gets along with their management. Just shows what a BIG PU$$Y he turned into. So whats next if he doesnt get along with the Vikings? Retire again and move to Detroit? By going to the Vikings he pretty much crapped all over the very fans who supported him for all those years. He also clearly illustrated what an complete and utter self centered ********* he really is. It was NEVER about the team it was always about BRETT FAVRE. So if the Vikings want him? They can have him.

Low character ? Oversized ego ? Your rant while full of syntax errors and filled with hatred, clearly shows that you were not thinking when you wrote your post ...

1) If anyone has been a team player for the past 16 seasons with the Packers, it's Favre ... - There is no denying that ... Just ask those of his team mates over the seasons (both those who still play as well as those who have retired ...)

2) The NFL is a business ... - And that was probably Favre's "mistakes" for thinking that it would perhaps be different in Green Bay ...

At the given time back in 2008, trading Favre and going ahead with Aaron Rodgers was for all intent and purposes the *right* decision (at that time), however, in retrospect, assessing it both from a sports as well as a business perspective it has proven to have been a little premature ...

Clearly (the Exec. Board) underestimated Favre's ability to play, and they clearly underestimated the fan base when thinking that the transition would take place without any rifts ... With that decision it would seem that the Packers team and organisation was hurt more than what they anticipated ... - And realizing this, the Exec Board brought in Ari Fleischer to help with "Damage Control" ...

3) Make no mistake about it ... - I'm sure The Vikings Owners as well as most Vikings fans are more than thrilled with Favre currently ... and most likely would love welcoming him back in 2010 as well ... - Something that all of a sudden seems like a good possibility, especially if the Vikings team is intact after this season, regardless if the Vikings win the Super Bowl or not ...

Hey *******..

The Packer's Management didn't "want" him. They wanted to go with their "boy" Aaron Rodgers. And the self centered "*********" that you are talking about is really your mancrush Ted Thompson...Mr. 35-35..(truly mediocre).

I'm tired of explaining it over and over because your type will never get it. But what I really think is pissing you off is that Favre and the Vikes are 9-1...and the Pack is headed for 7-9...(truly mediocre).

:rotfl:

Ofcourse the fact that Favre and the Vikings are 9-1 and probably play off bound, if not Super Bowl bound makes it a very difficult "pill to swallow" ...

No doubt if Favre were doing less great playing this season it wouldn't be so much of a controversy, because every fan, including those that now "hate" Favre ... Are second guessing everything ... And probably also thinking "What if" ... - Thus only further adding fuel to an already existing fire that probably won't be extinguished for quite some time ...

While I heavily disagree with alot of Ted Thomsons dispositions, I don't think he is self-centered, quite on the contrary ... - Everyone that knows the man speaks of him as being a "work-horse", but very intro-verted ...

One of Thomsons "faults" is that he rarely speaks publically, and instead just "let everyone have their say about him" ... - Which is probably why so many dislikes the man ... Thomson is probably just as frustrated about the Packers (lack of) success, probably more than any fan is when it comes to it, however, being the kind of person he is, he is also "cool" and "level headed" enough to know and realize that having a public debate about it is going to accomplish nothing, but further inflame the situation ...

Don't forget that it wasn't Ted Thomson that brought in Ari Fleischer, it was the Executive Board and Thomson didn't know about it untill well after the fact ... - What does that tell you about Mark Murphy and the Executive Board ? In fact there is alot of information that indicates that Thomson disagreed with that decision, as well as tried to make it a point not to make Favre look bad (in the eyes of the public) after Fleischer was brought in, because Thomson knew what would happen, however, Thomson also knew that the Executive Board is his employer and as such he knew he couldn't do anything about that ...

Would appear that Mark Murphy and the Executive Board have been meddling in football operations a lot more than their predecessors (sp?), and more and more I'm inclined to believe that when it has come to some major decisions regarding running the football operations, Ted Thomson has not been given as much leeway and free reign as he should have had (as GM) ... Especially regarding the decision to change quarterback, now, seems more like something that the board decided on, rather than only Ted Thomson ...

In any case ... - It's water under the bridge now ... - What I don't get is how any pationate fan can still "swallow" all the media created hype and controversy without questioning those sources, especially when the media runs a story that is unsubstantiated and clearly not backed by any factual sources ... - But rather only "rumours" ...

As for the Packers season ... Barring a total (player) meltdown I don't think the Packers will go 7-9, but rather 8-8 (at the worst) and 10-6 (at best) ...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure ... - however it looks a little too much "photo-shopped" to me ...

If you notice the lines "ThanksTed" ... it's either a sign plastered on the jersey or it's just cut and pasted onto the image ... - Atleast that is what it looks like ...

I've actually seen that same picture without the "ThanksTed" sign on it, just don't remember where I saw that article ...
Well, that's the only picture I saw of it... If you can find it, please show. But if you consider the picture "authentic", then it becomes clear that there's indeed ill-feelings towards one another...

Members online

Latest posts