Favorite Draft Picks

D

Deleted member 6794

Multiple sources tout the no sacks stat for Hanson. PFF says otherwise I'd love to know why.

Do you care to name any of the sources mentioning that Hanson didn't allow a single sack during his college career???

Ben Fennell, who according to some around here is the best in the business covering the Packers, has him with two sacks allowed as well.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a decent chance none of them will be on the roster in 2021 as well.

Oh I strongly disagree on that.

Stepaniak, I got no clue.

We all know Linsley is leaving after this year. Or, we should all know. It just seems logical to me that he is. Hanson is, at minimum, a cheap backup. He'll be on the roster in 2021.

Runyan is just flat good enough to play. He'll be on the roster in 2021.

I'd lay good odds that 2/3 are on the 2021 roster, I'd say 100% chance at least one of them is.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hanson didn't allow any sacks his first 3 years, then apparently allowed 2 his last year. I think that's where the confusion lies.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ben Fennel has good video skills, he probably just read PFF and used that
I doubt that as he has one more QB hit allowed than PFF had for Hanson if he was just reading off of there site I would think that stat would be the same as well.
Also many of the no sacks allowed comments on twitter I read said three years not including his final year in which he allowed the two sacks

D

Deleted member 6794

Ben Fennel has good video skills, he probably just read PFF and used that

It's interesting to note that it seems PFF's work is good enough for a guy like Fennel but is ridiculed on this forum whenever mentioned.

Oh I strongly disagree on that.

Stepaniak, I got no clue.

We all know Linsley is leaving after this year. Or, we should all know. It just seems logical to me that he is. Hanson is, at minimum, a cheap backup. He'll be on the roster in 2021.

Runyan is just flat good enough to play. He'll be on the roster in 2021.

I'd lay good odds that 2/3 are on the 2021 roster, I'd say 100% chance at least one of them is.

We'll revisit the situation at the start of the 2021 season.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It's interesting to note that it seems PFF's work is good enough for a guy like Fennel but is ridiculed on this forum whenever mentioned.

It's interesting to note that Fennell is referencing PFF's data (not their grades or editorial draft takes), which is almost universally considered valuable by everyone that I'm aware of on this forum.

I did some leg work and dug up some data on the importance of run defense. If you find it informative and helpful, does that mean that all of my opinions are now authoritative for you? Or can we have just a smidgen of intellectual honesty instead?

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We'll revisit the situation at the start of the 2021 season.

PFF data does not equal PFF grades. The grades, and scouting, is where I take issue.

We sure can look at the situation again in 2021. I'm curious as to why you think they wouldn't make the roster?

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's interesting to note that Fennell is referencing PFF's data (not their grades or editorial draft takes), which is almost universally considered valuable by everyone that I'm aware of on this forum.

I did some leg work and dug up some data on the importance of run defense. If you find it informative and helpful, does that mean that all of my opinions are now authoritative for you? Or can we have just a smidgen of intellectual honesty instead?

Except he is not referencing pff data in his post it does not say per PFF or such and it does not even match with what pff has down in reference to QB hits allowed.
Somebody just made a assumption and everyone just declared it true.

Also I don't really hate the Hanson pick I don't think he is a stud and the certain successor to Linsley but I think the value was right for where we got him and if he bulked up he might be a good player.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Except he is not referencing pff data in his post it does not say per PFF or such and it does not even match with what pff has down in reference to QB hits allowed.
Somebody just made a assumption and everyone just declared it true.

Also I don't really hate the Hanson pick I don't think he is a stud and the certain successor to Linsley but I think the value was right for where we got him and if he bulked up he might be a good player.

I'm not really part of this whole Hanson debate, and I have no idea if Fennell was or wasn't citing PFF data. I believe he has and does, whether he is in this situation or not.

I was just replying to Captain's remark that PFF is good enough for Fennell, but not for much of the forum. There's a difference between their data and their opinions.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you care to name any of the sources mentioning that Hanson didn't allow a single sack during his college career???

Ben Fennell, who according to some around here is the best in the business covering the Packers, has him with two sacks allowed as well.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Hanson didn't allow any sacks his first 3 years, then apparently allowed 2 his last year. I think that's where the confusion lies.

Here's a shocking thing some on this forum could learn from; apparently the quoted figures were utterly mis-read by myself and it appears it was through his first three seasons as already pointed out. Fully admit I was wrong as I presented what I thought was a fact.

I still stand by my assessment of Hanson and what he and Patrick present to the organization post-Linsley whenever that is.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

We sure can look at the situation again in 2021. I'm curious as to why you think they wouldn't make the roster?

I didn't predict that none of them will make the roster in 2021 but just brought it up as a possibility.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't predict that none of them will make the roster in 2021 but just brought it up as a possibility.

"There's a decent chance none of them will be on the 2021 roster."

Care to explain your thought process here? Why do you think that way?

D

Deleted member 6794

"There's a decent chance none of them will be on the 2021 roster."

Care to explain your thought process here? Why do you think that way?

Because all of them are sixth rounders and a lot of them get released before the start of their second season around the league.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because all of them are sixth rounders and a lot of them get released before the start of their second season around the league.

Okay. Just wanted to clarify.

You're just going off of historical data, and not actually basing it on the players themselves.

For the record, the 2018 and 2019 6th round picks for GB are still on the roster. Since 2010, only 3 6th round picks for GB have been on the roster for one year or less. Everybody else at least 2 years. So in GB, the historical data disagrees with your premise.

D

Deleted member 6794

You're just going off of historical data, and not actually basing it on the players themselves.

For the record, the 2018 and 2019 6th round picks for GB are still on the roster. Since 2010, only 3 6th round picks for GB have been on the roster for one year or less. Everybody else at least 2 years. So in GB, the historical data disagrees with your premise.

Let's not forget the discussion started when you mentioned there was a decent chance two of them would start by their second season. Since 2010, D.J. Smith was the only sixth round pick that achieved that feat and he was released after that year.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not forget the discussion started when you mentioned there was a decent chance two of them would start by their second season. Since 2010, D.J. Smith was the only sixth round pick that achieved that feat and he was released after that year.

Decent chance was probably too strong.

I really like Runyan and think he can start. I think Linsley is gone next year, and the internal options are Patrick and Hanson. So the chances are there.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'm warming up on Dillon. DeGuara in theory will be a nice gadget player that'll make things easier to MLF to operate his offense. I still am not overly thrilled using a 3rd rounder on him, even if he wouldn't have been available later on. But I do think he could have an impact.

Runyan is my favorite pick, and I love the triple dip in the 6th on offensive line.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My favorite draft prospect has to be AJ Dillion.

My draft RB "sleeper"/crush. I think the AJ Dillion comparison to Derrick Henry is not really comparable. Henry is a great runner but Henry is much taller -- more of an upright stance at times (as many taller RBs). Dillion is much similar to James Conner but outweighs Conner by 20lbs. Crazy thing is, Dillion is 247lb but with 7.8% bodyfat. I thought he could stand to lose a little weight but if those figures are correct (looks the part too) and confirmed by Packers med staff, maybe unnecessary to lose muscle mass. Just hope Dillion has the discipline to stay at that weight and not ballon up (AHEM LACY). I believe he does have that discipline. On his college visit, one of his college coaches took his family on a tour of Fenway Park. During the tour, Dillion's five-year-old sister fell asleep in his arms the entire tour (~45mins). Crazy. Throwback comp -- Dillion is VERY similar to Jamal Lewis (& I dare say Jerome Bettis).

I'm intrigued by Jordan Love and Josiah Deguara. The arm strength and athleticism are there for Love. I would like to see Love improve his footwork, refine his mechanics and learn from one of the best. I loved watching the progression/improvement of Rodgers throughout the years. I'm rooting for Love because I want to see our Packers dynasty continue.

I'll be honest, analyzing TE prospects is not my forte & Id let other members throw-in prospect names and go from there. 2020 draft only yield 12 TE prospects (lowest drafted TE in a while) & my favorite was Brycen Hopkins. However, Deguara is such an interesting prospect. Not the tallest or most lanky, but has great awareness, decent agility & does a great job at blocking. Ceiling, he can be an Aaron Hernadez (minus the off-field issue) or Jordan Reed (minus the injuries + MFL coached) LOL.. Middle floor - Seth DeValve . Floor - Thomas Duarte

Last edited:

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see the Juszczyk comparison for Deguara. Though MLF and crew can deny it all they want lol

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This board is in sure need of some positivity.

I'd like to pick one player, but I can't. Have two.

Josiah Deguara - I think he has the potential to be the lynchpin for this offense. He is very similar to Juice-check (I can't spell his name). He can offer so much versatility and deception to the offense. Good blocker, good hands, pretty good route runner, decent speed. He's good. I just like him so much because of the fit in the offense.

Jon Runyan Jr - I love him. He's nasty. Good athlete. Physical. Played OT in college, but he'll play OG here. Can probably play emergency RT. I'd be shocked if he isn't starting at RG by his second year. Gonna boot Billy Turner outta here. My favorite story of his is when he was in 8th grade he tapped a DL's helmet after a play as a "nice rep" gesture, and his dad took him aside and told him to never do that again. He plays right on the edge of dirty, just like his dad, and I love that.
Runyan was a real value where they got him. Turner has disappointed, especially at $8 mil/year. I expect you’re right and Runyan will eventually take over at G. But his ability at T is nice to have. All around, one of the better picks.

And I like Josh too. Kind of a reach in the 3rd round, but I trust Gluten. The guy just brings a lot of versatility at both TE and FB. A definite upgrade over Vitale.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm rooting for Love because I want to see our Packers dynasty continue.

While the Packers could have had a dynasty over the past nearly 30 years with Favre and Rodgers starting they definitely fell short of achieving it.

2020 draft only yield 12 TE prospects (lowest drafted TE in a while) & my favorite was Brycen Hopkins.

Just for the record, only nine tight ends were selected only four years ago.

Turner has disappointed, especially at $8 mil/year. I expect you’re right and Runyan will eventually take over at G. But his ability at T is nice to have. All around, one of the better picks.

Turner seemed to be overpaid from the start. Hopefully he will improve his performance this season.

Runyan is projected to move inside at the pro level with not much of a chance to line up at tackle in the NFL.

And I like Josh too. A definite upgrade over Vitale.

That remains to be seen.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not a big Billy Turner fan, weakest link on the line. Or was. We'll see how Bulaga is replaced. I'd be fine with his level of play at half of what he's making, but he's making pretty decent coin for a guy having that much trouble picking up a blitzer.

Members online

Latest posts