1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite defensive player and why?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Packman Chant, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Packman Chant

Packman Chant Lambeau West

Ratings:
    +22
    Just wondering who everyone's favorite defensive player is, and for what reason. Mine right now is Clay Matthews, to me he just adds such a nice spark to our defense. He has i believe 6 sacks or so already in the season. Hes constantly putting pressure on the quarterback which gives our CB's and Safeties a chance for those interceptions! he plays with all his heart and never gives up on a play. So yeah he is my favorite defensive player for us right now. Yours?

2. greenbayray

greenbayray Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    dude I'm thinking Clay Matthews cause he's the one dude that I look for in every play bruh........ Like I love seeing the other quarterback on his *** man. Clay is the man!:viksux::chisux::detsux:

3. NYC Cheesehead

NYC Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    As a Packer fan there is no way I could not say Clay Mathews. He embodies all the qualities of that old school line backer....some could even compare him to LT, obviously he needs more time to become a legend, but he is on his way.

He does not quit and is always going 100% that is legit.

4. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    That is a really tough question. Overall I am going to have to say Woodson. The dude is all over the field. He makes play after play, generates turnovers, and is such a factor for out defense. Not only that but he is a class act off the field. I think he is what all pro players should strive to be like, a real example of a role model.

Matthews is pretty awesome though.

5. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,450
    Of all time, I'd have to say without a doubt in my mind, Reggie White. He is the reason I got into football when I was very little. I can't really explain it, he was just my childhood hero. He's also the reason I'm now a Packer fan. When the Eagles announced they were trading him, it broke my heart, but in all honestly I was more of a Reggie fan than an Eagles fan so it wasn't a big leap for me to follow him there where he found the glory he deserved as a Packer.

Currently? Several. Matthews = 6 sacks in 2 games is just sic! Love the old -school LB style, we need more of that. Extra points for sacking Vick. Also I can see (as someone drew the comparison) him breaking Reggie White's record. Woodson = He makes plays, forces turnovers and is a leader for the D. Harris = He is fierce and also makes plays. Just needs to stay healthy.

6. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Charles Woodson.

CB is my favorite position in football. I'm also a Champ Bailey fan for this reason...

7. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    clay woodson hard for me to choose,i think clay though because he,he is a beast that makes plays happen

8. PackerManLV

PackerManLV Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I would say woodson, the dude is a turn over machine he plays the biggest role on the D right now.

9. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +970
    All time it's Reggie White.
    Of the current Packers, it's Woodson.
    But right now, it's Matthews.

Does it make any sense?

10. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,450
    Makes perfect sense to me!!! :happy0005:

11. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    60's Era: Ray Nitschke
    96 SB team: Reggie White
    Active Packers: Matthews (Woodson close 2nd).

12. y5nthon5a

y5nthon5a Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Tramon Williams; Always liked him since he joined the Pack. I also like Pickett a lot as well.

13. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    Al Harris... DUH!

4 more years! 4 more years! 4 more years!

14. Packman Chant

Ratings:
    +22
    HAHA would have NEVER guessed.

15. Packman Chant

Ratings:
    +22
    All very nice picks I saw Williams, Woodson, Mathews, Harris, Pickett and a few otheres. Looks like we got a pretty good defense if people can have such a variety of amazing players to choose from. WHOOOP LETS GOOOO!

16. Oklahoma_Packer

Oklahoma_Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19

This.

17. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,274
    Ray Lewis, and its not even close.