1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite defensive player and why?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Packman Chant, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Packman Chant

Packman Chant Lambeau West

Ratings:
    +22
    Just wondering who everyone's favorite defensive player is, and for what reason. Mine right now is Clay Matthews, to me he just adds such a nice spark to our defense. He has i believe 6 sacks or so already in the season. Hes constantly putting pressure on the quarterback which gives our CB's and Safeties a chance for those interceptions! he plays with all his heart and never gives up on a play. So yeah he is my favorite defensive player for us right now. Yours?

2. greenbayray

greenbayray Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    dude I'm thinking Clay Matthews cause he's the one dude that I look for in every play bruh........ Like I love seeing the other quarterback on his *** man. Clay is the man!:viksux::chisux::detsux:

3. NYC Cheesehead

NYC Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    As a Packer fan there is no way I could not say Clay Mathews. He embodies all the qualities of that old school line backer....some could even compare him to LT, obviously he needs more time to become a legend, but he is on his way.

He does not quit and is always going 100% that is legit.

4. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    That is a really tough question. Overall I am going to have to say Woodson. The dude is all over the field. He makes play after play, generates turnovers, and is such a factor for out defense. Not only that but he is a class act off the field. I think he is what all pro players should strive to be like, a real example of a role model.

Matthews is pretty awesome though.

5. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Of all time, I'd have to say without a doubt in my mind, Reggie White. He is the reason I got into football when I was very little. I can't really explain it, he was just my childhood hero. He's also the reason I'm now a Packer fan. When the Eagles announced they were trading him, it broke my heart, but in all honestly I was more of a Reggie fan than an Eagles fan so it wasn't a big leap for me to follow him there where he found the glory he deserved as a Packer.

Currently? Several. Matthews = 6 sacks in 2 games is just sic! Love the old -school LB style, we need more of that. Extra points for sacking Vick. Also I can see (as someone drew the comparison) him breaking Reggie White's record. Woodson = He makes plays, forces turnovers and is a leader for the D. Harris = He is fierce and also makes plays. Just needs to stay healthy.

6. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Charles Woodson.

CB is my favorite position in football. I'm also a Champ Bailey fan for this reason...

7. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    clay woodson hard for me to choose,i think clay though because he,he is a beast that makes plays happen

8. PackerManLV

PackerManLV Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I would say woodson, the dude is a turn over machine he plays the biggest role on the D right now.

9. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    All time it's Reggie White.
    Of the current Packers, it's Woodson.
    But right now, it's Matthews.

Does it make any sense?

10. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Makes perfect sense to me!!! :happy0005:

11. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    60's Era: Ray Nitschke
    96 SB team: Reggie White
    Active Packers: Matthews (Woodson close 2nd).

12. y5nthon5a

y5nthon5a Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Tramon Williams; Always liked him since he joined the Pack. I also like Pickett a lot as well.

13. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    Al Harris... DUH!

4 more years! 4 more years! 4 more years!

14. Packman Chant

Ratings:
    +22
    HAHA would have NEVER guessed.

15. Packman Chant

Ratings:
    +22
    All very nice picks I saw Williams, Woodson, Mathews, Harris, Pickett and a few otheres. Looks like we got a pretty good defense if people can have such a variety of amazing players to choose from. WHOOOP LETS GOOOO!

16. Oklahoma_Packer

Oklahoma_Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19

This.

17. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Ray Lewis, and its not even close.