Fav vs the Cards

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL! LOL! LOL! As Barnett says...

Damnm I'm bad at this sarcasm thingy...:blind:

Anyway... The Bears still suck.

And BTW, the Pittsburgh game is a no-win. IF we win, it's because they're on a slump. If we lose, we're a terrible team...

If we beat Az or Philly in the playoffs, it'll be either because AZ sucks, or because Philly didn't have Westbrook, or Jim Johnson.

Then, if we beat the Saints, it'll be because they never really had a D, or a running game.

And, of course, if we beat the Vikings, it'll be because Brett Favre was a double agent all this time, and his real intentions was to lose to us when it mattered...

Now thats how you flip the script!:viksux:

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can't WAIT until you guys are sitting home watching the VIKINGS and other teams playing meaningful football in January...

You will all be whining and crying like stuck pigs....

It's gonna happen....

(By the way...the Vikings beat the Niners too..so what does that tell you...anything?)

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL! LOL! LOL! As Barnett says...

And BTW, the Pittsburgh game is a no-win. IF we win, it's because they're on a slump. If we lose, we're a terrible team...

If we beat Az or Philly in the playoffs, it'll be either because AZ sucks, or because Philly didn't have Westbrook, or Jim Johnson.

Then, if we beat the Saints, it'll be because they never really had a D, or a running game.

And, of course, if we beat the Vikings, it'll be because Brett Favre was a double agent all this time, and his real intentions was to lose to us when it mattered...

Green Bay can't beat the Vikings, unless something really weird happens. You don't get manhandled by a team twice and then suddenly find the formula for success - in the NFL, it doesn't work that way.

Last nite's victory by San Fran is a prime example of what you guys need to pay attention to when analyzing NFL football games; some teams simply match up better with some teams. It really is that simple and while it is "possible" that any team can beat any team on any given day, most times "possible" is not "probable".

For example, the only type of team that can stop Minnesota is a team that can shut down the running game and confuse Favre. So far, that has been Pittsburgh and Arizona. Is it really any coincidence that Ken W. is a disciple of the Blitzburgh-style of defense? No, it is not.

Conversely, the way you beat Green Bay is with an offense their defense cannot stop, and that happens to be an offense like Minnesota - bruising running coupled with a crisp, accurate passing game. You can't really stop Green Bay's offense for 4 quarters, but you can outscore them, as Minnesota proved twice - unless you believe in flukes and fairies.

And, by the time the playoffs arrive, it becomes even more evident.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Green Bay can't beat the Vikings, unless something really weird happens. You don't get manhandled by a team twice and then suddenly find the formula for success - in the NFL, it doesn't work that way.

Last nite's victory by San Fran is a prime example of what you guys need to pay attention to when analyzing NFL football games; some teams simply match up better with some teams. It really is that simple and while it is "possible" that any team can beat any team on any given day, most times "possible" is not "probable".

For example, the only type of team that can stop Minnesota is a team that can shut down the running game and confuse Favre. So far, that has been Pittsburgh and Arizona. Is it really any coincidence that Ken W. is a disciple of the Blitzburgh-style of defense? No, it is not.

Conversely, the way you beat Green Bay is with an offense their defense cannot stop, and that happens to be an offense like Minnesota - bruising running coupled with a crisp, accurate passing game. You can't really stop Green Bay's offense for 4 quarters, but you can outscore them, as Minnesota proved twice - unless you believe in flukes and fairies.

AZ shut down Favre and the Vikings. Pittsburgh, not so much. If 334 yards and having a TD called back on what many consider a BS tripping call is being shut down then yes, Pittsburgh shut them down. That tripping call was a 14 point swing in the game. Pittsburgh won that game on 2 plays. But it happens. AZ, now, they did a really good job of shutting them down.

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't WAIT until you guys are sitting home watching the VIKINGS and other teams playing meaningful football in January...

You will all be whining and crying like stuck pigs....

It's gonna happen....

(By the way...the Vikings beat the Niners too..so what does that tell you...anything?)

This coming from the guy who claimed Baltimore was going to completly "blow up" our offense.

And the queens beating the niners doesnt mean anything, we also beat the niners, but again I will remind you that you lost to that good looking AZ team.

Like someone said earlier, go back to doing your high school homework and let the big boys do the talking.:viksux:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
This coming from the guy who claimed Baltimore was going to completly "blow up" our offense.

And the queens beating the niners doesnt mean anything, we also beat the niners, but again I will remind you that you lost to that good looking AZ team.

Like someone said earlier, go back to doing your high school homework and let the big boys do the talking.:viksux:
Better then losing to that fantastic Tampa team! :happy0005:

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wow just when i though Jeff took the cake here comes Haus with this awesome post! So according to you the only team that can beat the queens is one that can stop the run? correct? Well lets just take a look at wat the almighty AP did against us both times we played. 50 carries 152 yds. avg 3.0yds a carry with 2 tds. His longest run of 33 yds. Those arent exactly stellar numbers. Also in case you forgot the PACK is ranked SECOND in run D right behind the steelers. So what i gather from this info and what your saying, is that Green Bay is now a prime canidate to take down the queens..are you on our side or what?

The only reason we couldnt beat the queens is 1. Couldnt protect ARod. 2. Didnt pressure Favre AT ALL 3. No picks by the D and lack of turnovers on their part. Now that we are protecting ARod better, definitely blitzing more and have a +18 turnover ratio (Im pretty sure thats the highest in the league) we will just have to wait and see if we are "qualified" enough to beat the purple team. :viksux:

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AZ shut down Favre and the Vikings. Pittsburgh, not so much. If 334 yards and having a TD called back on what many consider a BS tripping call is being shut down then yes, Pittsburgh shut them down. That tripping call was a 14 point swing in the game. Pittsburgh won that game on 2 plays. But it happens. AZ, now, they did a really good job of shutting them down.

Pittsburgh won the game. You could not have proven my point any better.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So according to you the only team that can beat the queens is one that can stop the run? correct?

You obviously did NOT read my post. Stopping the run is PART of the solution; stopping Favre and SCORING on offense are the others.

Look, if it offends you that I am giving Green Bay no shot to beat Minnesota, should they meet this season yet again, then there's really nothing of benefit you can take from my posts.

When I provide comments, they are biased-free. I'm interested in truths, not hopes and dreams.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Honestly guys, anything can really happen in the NFC right now. It is definitely plausible that the Pack could beat the Queens in the playoffs.

I mean, look at the Saints. How many close games did they have to what we would consider "garbage" teams? They VERY narrowly beat the Rams. They just barely escaped with a victory against the Falcons, who are without their starting QB and have one of the worst defenses in the league. Even the Colts, who are arguably more dominant of the AFC than the Saints seem to be, have shown signs of weakness at times.

While I know that these teams will come to play in the playoffs, as every team should (i.e. the Vikings), they have shown that they are not immortal and that, they too, have weaknesses. With AP out of the picture, the Vikings are definitely exposed. I'm not saying it's most likely the case, but some of you queens fans are more or less entirely ruling out the possibility, or you are giving us very slim chances. If you don't see that our team has grown over the season, then you are missing something, or refuse to look for it. We are CERTAINLY a better team now than we were when we played you the first couple of times.

If you're going to look at things so vaguely as to say that we are still the same team and same set of players, then we can turn it right back around at you. Historically, Favre and the entire Vikings squad (including Chilly) have had trouble near the end of the season and in the post-season. If you're going to extrapolate last year's woes and our troubles from the beginning of the season to our playoff chances this year, that at least do the same for yourselves, and consider that, given the historical evidence, your future isn't necessarily set in stone.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, keep in mind and just as I had predicted a month and a week before, Green Bay's current success has as much to do with inferior opponents as it does with serious team improvement. You guys have just gotta understand my harping about "match ups". If you fail to want to care about this, you're all gonna be crying for Ted and Mike's head again in January.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly guys, anything can really happen in the NFC right now. It is definitely plausible that the Pack could beat the Queens in the playoffs.

The fact is, NOBODY is disputing this, at least when you choose to use the word "possible". The problems come into play when the homers intentionally choose not to understand why Minnesota thumped Green Bay - twice.

Some people think that losing Kampman and gaining Tauscher was the magic ferry dust and the final piece of the puzzle. Against a majority of Green Bay match-ups, I would agree. Against Minnesota? I don't believe so. Tauscher doesn't line up across from Allen and a natural fit linebacker for the 3-4 isn't gonna have a significantly negative impact on Brett Favre's protection and accuracy.

Thanks to San Fran, it's looking pretty obvious that Arizona will host Green Bay and the winner playing at Minnesota. The beauty of match-ups will favor Minnesota as Green Bay will beat Arizona and then lose another "heartbreaker" at the Dome.

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You obviously did NOT read my post. Stopping the run is PART of the solution; stopping Favre and SCORING on offense are the others.

Look, if it offends you that I am giving Green Bay no shot to beat Minnesota, should they meet this season yet again, then there's really nothing of benefit you can take from my posts.

When I provide comments, they are biased-free. I'm interested in truths, not hopes and dreams.

Truths are what you make them. To me the truth is right now we are a good enough football team to compete with anyone. To you the truth is we have no chance. So all your posts are pretty much pointless.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The fact is, NOBODY is disputing this, at least when you choose to use the word "possible". The problems come into play when the homers intentionally choose not to understand why Minnesota thumped Green Bay - twice.

Some people think that losing Kampman and gaining Tauscher was the magic ferry dust and the final piece of the puzzle. Against a majority of Green Bay match-ups, I would agree. Against Minnesota? I don't believe so. Tauscher doesn't line up across from Allen and a natural fit linebacker for the 3-4 isn't gonna have a significantly negative impact on Brett Favre's protection and accuracy.

So your saying that our line we have now, is not an upgrade from the line we had in the last match up? I am not saying we would win vs the Vikings, all I am saying is that there is an improvement since the last meeting..

We were giving up about 4 a game all the way up to the Dallas game..now its about 1.5 a game

Maybe it is quality of the teams we played, not really sure, but we gave up 6 and 5 sacks to Tampa and Detroit..So the way it does look is that they figured something out...

I personally think the offense is about the same, but its the d that is doing more damage now..And that really was our issues playing the Vikings, D could not do anything right...

I say there wont be any agreement for anyone unless these two teams met

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is why we play the games. The Pack is such a different team since they last met the vikings. We were in trouble with the safety position, O-line was the laughing stock of the NFL, Barnett was barely healthy, Brandon Jackson was sidelined, Mathews was just learning, Raji was hurt and not playing, A. Green and Tauscher were not on the team.

The vikings really did not have an answer for Finnley, now that we have an improved O-line all the more effective he will be.

Bottom line the vikings have maintained their level of play this season, maybe declining in some areas where as the Pack has improve and evolved into a different identity.

Previous meetings were focus on the QBs and the high powered offense, next meeting will be BF against the Packers defense. A lot has changed.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So your saying that our line we have now, is not an upgrade from the line we had in the last match up? I am not saying we would win vs the Vikings, all I am saying is that there is an improvement since the last meeting..

We were giving up about 4 a game all the way up to the Dallas game..now its about 1.5 a game

Maybe it is quality of the teams we played, not really sure, but we gave up 6 and 5 sacks to Tampa and Detroit..So the way it does look is that they figured something out...

I personally think the offense is about the same, but its the d that is doing more damage now..And that really was our issues playing the Vikings, D could not do anything right...

I say there wont be any agreement for anyone unless these two teams met
Not to mention the fact that we are TRANSITIONING to a 3-4. Usually it takes some time to click, and it's happening now.

I agree that Minnesota is favorite, but you're delusional if you think a regular season game serves as parameter to decide what will happen in a postseason game, almost 10 weeks later...

But first both teams need to make it, so this conjecture probably won't materialize.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Not to mention the fact that we are TRANSITIONING to a 3-4. Usually it takes some time to click, and it's happening now.

I agree that Minnesota is favorite, but you're delusional if you think a regular season game serves as parameter to decide what will happen in a postseason game, almost 10 weeks later...

But first both teams need to make it, so this conjecture probably won't materialize.

Yeah I know..There was a interview with Capers and he said that it normally takes 8 games for the D to start to come around....(The 9th game was the Dallas game)

Then by the 2nd year its really good...

If the D will get really good next year what do we have now? LOL

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I know..There was a interview with Capers and he said that it normally takes 8 games for the D to start to come around....(The 9th game was the Dallas game)

Then by the 2nd year its really good...

If the D will get really good next year what do we have now? LOL
He hasn't even put his whole playbook to use. He said himslef he still has some unscouted looks to use.

I hope he only uses them in the playoffs...

But another point is, probabilities are we aren't going to draft D in the early rounds, and we'll lose one starter to FA. I don't know if we'll have a better D. Of course, we still have Harrell, Jarius Wynn was looking quite promising in TC, there's Pat Lee, Raji, Matthews and Jones will be more experienced...

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He hasn't even put his whole playbook to use. He said himslef he still has some unscouted looks to use.

I hope he only uses them in the playoffs...

But another point is, probabilities are we aren't going to draft D in the early rounds, and we'll lose one starter to FA. I don't know if we'll have a better D. Of course, we still have Harrell, Jarius Wynn was looking quite promising in TC, there's Pat Lee, Raji, Matthews and Jones will be more experienced...

Will TT loosen up since it might be an uncapped year next year? It'll be interesting to see what happens with all that.

Members online

Latest posts