farve

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT said in the past he would consider FA to fill this void. Unless GB could get one of the top 5 guys in the draft, assuming they like any of them, I wouldn't see them wasting a pick on a QB this year. Anyone outside of the top 5 isn't likely to be any better than Nall or O'Sullivan in my mind? I do think this is Brett's last year and if that's the case it's easy to understand why GB is not signing anyone to a long term deal this off-season. I'm sure they want the salary flexibility to go after the QB or RB of their choice next season. Considering Green, Fisher, Davenport, Driver, Kampman, and probably Franks are in the last year of their contracts, what's the point in spending big money on a replacement QB when GB can't field a quality team around him? Farve retires and GB lets one of the young QBs run the team while they rebuild and get their financial house in order. It makes sense to me.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quite a few of my brethren around Indy (in the Club) are telling me that Brett Favre will play again next year, at least, or more appropriately - for several years... Now, according to the way I've seen Brett behave with concern to his Wife, Deanna.... well, to put it mildly - you or I just don't count! I have every understanding that IF Deanna would prefer Brett to finally sit down (?) and stop all that JOCK nonsense with football - then, that's exactly what 3xMVP, Brett Favre, will do....!

But - if the both of them are healed and having a good time with it all - including the Charity aspects which Deanna is now overseeing... He could very well stay playing, which helps GB out trememdously with regards to his Contract and our Salary Cap.... So, I'm not gonna write it all off....

If I had my druthers - I say "draft Kyle Orton"..... WHY?
Because, we already have Craig Nall... that's why!
There's no reason to try and find a Free Agent QB - to me it would be a waste of Player money.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBpres. Vey good on Farve situation in Green Bay. I can add to it from my location in Green Bay. Farve has given no indication to any one if he is coming back in '06 or not. he said he doesn't want to talk about it untill the season ends. He will evaluate I think, on following !.) How is health is holding up. 2.) How his skills hold up if he feels his Q.B. skills are slipping. He will walk away.3.) Most importantly, family considerations. His wife's health, which is no problem now and the Kids opinions. The Farve family life revolves around football .His dad was H.S. Football coach. His wife said one of the pleasures she had during Chemo treatments, was watching her Husband performing on N.F.L. football fields. Football has been a great part of Brett's life, It will be hard for him to just walk away if all the conditions above don't warranted it. He will give the Packers eough time to get some else. Replace Brett Farve. How do you ever replace one of greatest Packer Q.B.s in this team history? The Packer will survive when Farve is gone, just as they survived Hutson , Herber, Hornung, Starr, Taylor, Lofton Etc Etc.losses It will take some big adjustments but the Packers will be allright. They have been adjusting since 1919!

ldlehrer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The most important factors of whether Brett Favre keeps playing is his wife and his ability to play well. Brett used to say he would love to retire before his QB play is below the level of the better QBs. I think most NFL followers agree that Brett Favre is still a top 10 QB. The Packers are still much better with him than without him.
I think Brett married a strong woman who survived cancer. I am sure she wishes she never had cancer, but I think Deana loves the spotlight too. When Brett retires that spotlight will fade. I do somewhat admire Brett's wife. If she never married Brett Favre I would not even know who she is.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AgentMulder said:
Joey Harrington will sucessfully replace Favre. Trust me or trust no one.

wow.

im gonna have to go with no one.

Joey has moments of brilliance and moments of incompetance(sp?) a lot like favre...but he doesn't demonstrate the the capability to put a team on his back and take care of business.

he could take a team all the way with the right componets around him no question...but this franchise needs a quarterback with more natural ability in my opinion.

but what the hell do i know...

it would be an interesting experiment, ill give you that. you , must be thinking Jeff is gonna take over sometime next season and Joey will be dealt afterwards? if Detroit puts that offense in the hands of Garcia they are simply setting themselves up for a letdown.

i really don't see that playing out.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of good pts that have been stated and talked about in the past. It's hard to know where Brett's heart is and what factor weighs the most. I just can't see a guy talking about retiring for a number of years now not doing it in the near future? From what he's said in the past, he'd really like to be @ home in Miss during one of his daughter's H.S. years. She only has two years of H.S. left. Hopefully, he has had a heart to heart w/ GB and told them how he really feels so that they can plan effectively for the draft and in FA. To me this is the #1 key to what GB does in the draft and FA. Right now, considering the moves GB has made to this pt., one would be led to believe GB feels Farve will be playing for a number of years. TT has shown no sense of urgency to dramatically improve this team for one last SB run w/ Farve. We'll just have to wait and see and as always hope for the best!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
AgentMulder said:
Joey Harrington will sucessfully replace Favre. Trust me or trust no one.

wow.

im gonna have to go with no one.

Joey has moments of brilliance and moments of incompetance(sp?) a lot like favre...but he doesn't demonstrate the the capability to put a team on his back and take care of business.

he could take a team all the way with the right componets around him no question...but this franchise needs a quarterback with more natural ability in my opinion.

but what the hell do i know...

it would be an interesting experiment, ill give you that. you , must be thinking Jeff is gonna take over sometime next season and Joey will be dealt afterwards? if Detroit puts that offense in the hands of Garcia they are simply setting themselves up for a letdown.

i really don't see that playing out.
I agree totally here - Joey Harrington, for whatever reason willl never have the stellar career of a Brett Favre - Is it because of Coaching? I think not - da Mooch is in Detroit - He's got good coaching - he just has trouble applying the tools he's been given. It's one thing to "know" something - it's quite another to apply it! The Garcia comment is dead on!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look Folks,

Brett turns 35 this year. Elway who was not as tough as Brett went to age 38. Moon went to 41. Brett is tough and loves the game.

Rogers will be on his second contract before he beats out Nall and plays for Green Bay.

Game one of the 2010 season is when Brett will set the league record for consecutive starts at any position. He will only move into 4th this year.

All Marino records are gone in 2007 and Brett becomes best of all time in stats. Deanna wants that as much as we do. Brett plays.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see Brett playing this season and next. This should give the packers plenty of time to sort out the QB of the future problem. I think the first round pick of Aaron Rogers is a good one if only for the fact, if a quality starter goes down on another team we could get a first and second round pick for this guy. It should be a interesting camp seeing who is the backup to Farve...Nall or Rogers.

Members online

Latest posts