Fan ran onto the tundra on Sunday!?

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I just listened to a replay of the radio broadcast of the game, and they were all over it. I'm thinking that it is a policy for TV cameramen not to follow these bozos lest too many stupid people start to imitate them. Hope the kid spent a night in jail with Bubba as his cellmate.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
What the heck was this kid thinking? It may have been funny at the time but, to not be allowed back at Lambeau...ever? I don't think I'd be real proud to tell my grandkids that story. (well, maybe I would, just a little)

Reaction score
I saw that when a Packers player posted it on his twitter. I thought it was pretty funny.. There's a video of it too:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
wow...thats crazy!!!! he's really banned from Lambeau for life?!?!

So not worth that 15 seconds of fame.. :confused:

Reaction score
I was at the game. Security did a terrible job with this. He jumped out of the south end zone stands and ran all the way across the field. He then turned and started back when someone from the Packer sidelines went after him, he did a spin move to avoid him and ran smack into Jones who body slammed him into the turf. Then the security finally ran over and handcuffed him. The funny thing is Brad Jones says he only tackled him because he was cold!

Green Bay Packers linebacker Brad Jonesdidn't want to do the job of security on Sunday when a 15-year-old ran onto Lambeau Field but, the way he saw it, he didn't have much choice.
"Really, I was just cold," he told reporters.
The sober teenager did a reverse Lambeau Leap in the fourth quarter and ran with his hands raised for 50 yards before Jones stepped in and brought him down. Not that the kid cared.
"I think he was still laughing," Jones said. "I think I could still hear him.
In the picture above, it does look like the 15-year-old is smiling. Not only that, Jones seems to be enjoying himself too. That's how magical it is in Titletown U.S.A., even interlopers and their rogue tacklers have a twinkle in their eye.
Jones says his takedown has been a popular subject this week. He estimates he's asked about it every five minutes.
The Appleton Post-Crescent reports the fan was charged with unlawful conduct at a public event and was released on an $870 bond. He is not welcome back at Lambeau Field.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is the only way the season ticket waiting list ever moves.. people losing their tickets. Probably weren't even his obviously.

UCSB616

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was there too. Pretty funny, albeit stupid. Cost him $870 and a night in jail.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What an *******. I say rightfully so in kicking him out of the stadium for life.
To ME it's no different than pissing on lombardi's grave....it shows a complete lack of respect for the football legends that graced that field. Its not for some ****nut's amusement to run around and display how much of an idiot you are.
/rant.

L

Lunchboxer

What an *******. I say rightfully so in kicking him out of the stadium for life.
To ME it's no different than pissing on lombardi's grave....it shows a complete lack of respect for the football legends that graced that field. Its not for some ****nut's amusement to run around and display how much of an idiot you are.
/rant.

Well the Kid is 15. Give him 10-15 years and he will look totally different. Then he can come back and no one will notice him.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll play the devil's advocate. I was at the game and enjoyed the short intermission. Pissing on Lombardi's grave might be an overstatement. It's disrespectful to the players and coaches while also being potentially dangerous if the person does something bad, but in general I love watching the occasional nut run around the field and get tackled. I also like the fights during hockey games. Like tailgating, it's all just part of the experience of going to a game. I don't mind it.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw that when a Packers player posted it on his twitter. I thought it was pretty funny.. There's a video of it too:
That's great to see!
Thanx for posting that.
And I like hearing the reaction and laughing from that gal fan.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll play the devil's advocate. I was at the game and enjoyed the short intermission. Pissing on Lombardi's grave might be an overstatement. It's disrespectful to the players and coaches while also being potentially dangerous if the person does something bad, but in general I love watching the occasional nut run around the field and get tackled. I also like the fights during hockey games. Like tailgating, it's all just part of the experience of going to a game. I don't mind it.
I'm indifferent to it myself.
I really have no opinion one way or the other but I do like to see them run around and get tackled since TV has a policy to not show it.
I just don't know why they bother when they always get caught and could get hurt while getting tackled.
I would love to be on a field to get a player's perspective but not while running around like that.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These two are still my faves.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His friends dad lost his season tickets because of it!
They should punish the kid and not the dad.
I wonder how long he had to wait or had them for?
Would suck if he had to wait like 25 years and this was his first year with them.