Fan Etiquette Help For An Out-of-towner

Thirdwish84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was recently offered tickets to the MNF game against the Vikes and obviously immediately accepted, but I had some questions for everyone on the unwritten rules of Packer fandom.

Let me come clean and tell you guys I'm from western New York, and am therefore a Bills fan. That said, I absolutely love watching the Pack play, they are just ridiculous. I'll be tailgating at the game with some friends of mine who are Pack fans, but I was wondering how I would be treated if I wore a (random, I know) Buffalo Bills jersey. I have a cheesehead that I will wear with it but I always hated that "random guy with a team jersey who isn't even in the game."

OP
OP
T

Thirdwish84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How so? I'd be glad to wear a pack shirt or something, but want to rep the Bills if I can.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
By representing both I guess!

They way I look at it is,... I'm at a game that I want to see, and its between 2 teams. No one is really thinking about
other teams during that particular game. So it just makes you scratch your head when you see random jerseys at games.
We were discussing this in a different thread and that seems to be the common reaction!

But if you ask someone on the Bills forum I'm sure they would say "go for it.. represent where ever you are!"

So ulitmately its your decision! ;)

Packers_89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it should be a problem. It would look a little weird but it isn't like you would get harassed. Maybe if you wore a bears jersey or something, you might see some hostility from the more passionate fans. But a random team like the bills shouldn't be a problem.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I don't really think it would be a problem either, as long as YOU WEAR THE CHEESE! Without some Packer representation people will just think you're weird.
Wear a Vike jersey with the cheese if you really want to confuse folks. :eek:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bills stuff wont give you any issues..(might think your a Barnett fan)

As others have said, Bears, Minny, Lions might really give you fits..But I seen someone wearing a Bears jersey at the Bronco game, and no one really said/did anything to them..I also had a guy sitting 2 seats next to me wearing a bears -shirt and no issues with him eiher

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only time I went to Lambeau was a Vikes game and I didn't even see their fans getting hassled. So, unless things have drastically changed I don't think you'd have a problem.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you'll be just fine. Longtimefan inspired a good idea. Just get a Barnett Bills jersey and where a cheesehead hat!!! They'll love you! :)

Members online

Latest posts