Fail Mary

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
How do people function in society with such a complete lack of perspective? That game was forever ago and it was a GAME.

I don't know. I suppose it depends on what perspective you have and experienced within it. I was at the game with my 14 year old son at the time and it was a bad call but getting taunted by Seahawk fans so badly afterward that my son cried is something else.

Then to see this guy go out and yuck it up like it was nothing and basically make a mockery of it. It will never sit well with me.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brass tacks, I am a giant meanie.

And truth be told, I enjoy seeing people that make me feel bad to in the future have bad things make them feel bad too.

Even more so when they set themselves up after the fact to be made to feel that way.

Either way, I don't feel bad for him, and nobody else would either in this room if he was slated to official the game we play in 5 days

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I don't know. I suppose it depends on what perspective you have and experienced within it. I was at the game with my 14 year old son at the time and it was a bad call but getting taunted by Seahawk fans so badly afterward that my son cried is something else.

Then to see this guy go out and yuck it up like it was nothing and basically make a mockery of it. It will never sit well with me.

There are people in this town (Seattle) that have no idea what it means to be a football fan. Breaks my heart to hear the way you were treated, and that it impacted your son that way.

There's a reason why they have cops dressed as visiting fans at The Clink.

I was at a Packer game here when Reggie White got hurt. He was lying face-down, motionless on the Kingdome turf, when a Seattle fan near me started screaming taunts. He'd been trash talking non-stop the ENTIRE game, but that was all I could take. I screamed something at him (that may or may not have included an obscene epithet - LOL) and he turned to look at me, sat down, and never made another sound for the rest of the fourth quarter.

We won, by the way.

There's a mortgage company here currently running ads with Richard Sherman doing the voice over. Each week they've included some personal insult about an opposing team's player or some such thing. This week, they are taking a shot at all of us, calling "cheeseheads" "losers".

It's not that I can't take it (I came here from ESPN after all) but I would have expected better from a local business. If I were trying to sell mortgages to people who might not be from here, I'm pretty sure that isn't how I'd go about it.

sean corey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a strange thread. The Seahawks preach ignore the noise and get your mind focused on what is right in front of you.

I am fairly certain that not a single Seahawk player or serious fan is thinking about that game.

It is irrelevant. The game at the beginning of this season is irrelevant.

The refs were stand ins. Just about EVERY team suffered from their incompetence, including the Seahawks.

There just isn't anyone left to blame. Tate is gone. Those refs are gone.

I guess I just don't understand clinging to things in life that don't go your way.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they wiped that fail mary out when they shut us up at the 1st game of this season, when they beat us silly. They have nothing to prove its strictly business on the seahawks end. We are the ones that need to prove that we belong in the SB.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What a strange thread. The Seahawks preach ignore the noise and get your mind focused on what is right in front of you.

I am fairly certain that not a single Seahawk player or serious fan is thinking about that game.

It is irrelevant. The game at the beginning of this season is irrelevant.

The refs were stand ins. Just about EVERY team suffered from their incompetence, including the Seahawks.

There just isn't anyone left to blame. Tate is gone. Those refs are gone.

I guess I just don't understand clinging to things in life that don't go your way.

This thread was made in Sept before the 1st game of the year

Some one decided to bump it

But I do agree with it that now it's a little odd to relive it now

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I am not trying to re-live the "Fail Mary game". I simply was posting an update on the official of that game that I saw today and posted it here rather then start an entirely new thread.

I don't think anybody is comparing this game to that game.

Daryl Muellenberg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other than a very few loudmouth morons which you have anywhere (including Lambeau) I've never seen any over the top behavior to where the ref had any concern for his safety.

Maybe you're not old enough, but in a 1975 playoff game between the Cowboys and Vikings, Drew Pearson caught a hail mary pass at the end of the game to beat the Vikings and the Vikings fans thought Pearson had pushed off but it wasn't called. One of the refs, Armen Terzian, got hit in the back of the head with a whiskey bottle that someone threw from the stands that rendered him momentarily unconscious.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And that's a terrible experience, but you and your son weren't taunted because of Lance Easley. You were taunted because opposing team's fans can be absolute jerks. Trust me, as someone who was at Favre's first game against the Packers on MNF in 2009 at the Metrodome, I know.

Reaction score
That play was discussed ad mauseum in the days following the game and that was all the "reliving" I needed. At the end of the day it was a bad call but that game was filled with bad calls and missed opportunities both ways and we had ourselves in a situation for that play and the replacement refs to impact the outcome of the game. As LV Packer said earlier, it doesn't matter at this point, it was two years ago and has no impact on Sunday. Sunday is all about proving that we can win a tough road game against the defending champs and that we're worthy of being a Super Bowl team

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is so much about the play that got under my skin. The evident push off constituting offensive passing interference, the crystal clear indisputable evidence of Jennings securing the ball BEFORE the Seattle receiver got his hands on it, and the indecisiveness of the inexperienced referees who in the end made a terrible call.

That being said, what's done is done- the league every year has some questionable and downright horrible calls that change the tide of the season, it's what we as fans just have to come to accept. It's some relief at least that the entire world (with Seattle as the only exception) knowing full well we won that particular game.

Members online

Latest posts