FA wrs for the Pack to pick up

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read that Koren Robinson was recently cut by the Vikes, so w/ his ties to TT from Seattle, is he worth picking up? Freddie Mitchell?? Others?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A resounding thirdin of that sentiment. Now, Koren Robinson...tempting at this time, provided we can have confidence in hsis commitment to continued recovery.

Thoughts on him? Angry snorts?

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand that Mitchell and Koren have their issues/downsides, but what Sept FA pick up wouldn't? Bragg and Murphy are very unproven, so any depth you can add makes sense...look how well Rison worked out...mind you, he did have more talent than Mitchell, but still...desperate times call for desperate measures.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Koren Robinson is one strike away from a year's suspension and has a bad attitude. I highly doubt we'll pick him up. Edwards is probably the most likely FA we go after, though I could see Bragg being activated.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Koren Robinson is one strike away from a year's suspension and has a bad attitude. I highly doubt we'll pick him up. Edwards is probably the most likely FA we go after, though I could see Bragg being activated.

Theres also the rumor floating around out there that the league already suspended KR for 4 games. That's the real reason the Vikes cut him, supposedly.
Makes sense to me.
I think we give T-murph a few weeks to prove himself. This might be a good thing cause now we see what Ferguson can or can't do.

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually I read somewhere that MN only dropped Robinson so that his contract would not be vested for the full year. If they do not drop him and he 1. sucks or 2. gets hurt , they owe him his full salary.

They plan on resigning him today or tomorrow. An agreement is still in place in principle. Its just administrative positioning.

That said, would he really be that big of an addition to our team? I don't know . . . maybe now.

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can Driver, Fergie, and Chatman make it through the whole season without injurys? I don't see the Packers taking that chance and they will pick up a Free agent. Murphy will see some time now but this early in the season they are going to have to make a move for a reciever or maybe someone to take over return duties for Chapman to keep him healthy.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
packer4ever said:
Do you have any insider info or is it just a hunch ?

just a hunch bro no inside info

he jus makes sense to pick up, he knows the system, he's a guy TT picked (i believe that to be true i could be wrong) and he's out to prove ppl that he's not a dead beat drunk so he has motivation not to mention he can play with the great brett favre who i still think should have ran in that play for a td instead of throwing the incompletion

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope yur right I would love to see him come to green bay with a chip on his shoulder. maybe a guy like that could ignite the fire in the offense. I'm sure Brett wouldn't mind having a receiver like that remember Rison

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I remember rison i was so friggin happy we got him i wanted him here longer but i forget the reason he left. i think it was because he'd have been a third wr an the packers didnt want to hold him back or maybe he didnt want to come off the bench...

or maybe it was they didnt want to pay a lot of cash for a third string wr and rison wanted to stay here

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade for help

Offer Oakland a third or fourth round pick for Curry. Also Arizona seems to have some depth at WR and maybe we could ask our old buddy Denny to help us.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where is Antonio Freeman :?: :?: :?:
Sorry I had a Chase flashback. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Jerry Rice is a very interesting suggestion, but I think this team has committed to a youth movement so I think you will see one of the ps players be promoted.

Like Brett said..we can't play much worse so things can only get better.(not a quote just paraphrasing)

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Rice would be interesting...

Would be a good motivational tool too...I can see the headlines now...

"Old men leading the Pack Back"...(Rice & Favre)

(Too bad we didn't pick up Keyshawn 2 years ago...seems to be making plays all over the field for Dallas...oh well..)

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
I remember rison i was so friggin happy we got him i wanted him here longer but i forget the reason he left. i think it was because he'd have been a third wr an the packers didnt want to hold him back or maybe he didnt want to come off the bench...

or maybe it was they didnt want to pay a lot of cash for a third string wr and rison wanted to stay here

The reason Rison didn't come back is the Packers would not offer him a contract. The same was true of Sean Jones. Sean Jones was willing to play for minumum wage and Rison was willing to take a pay cut. That's one time Wolf got a little too big for his britches. If we have both of those guys, we don't lose the second SB with Favre.

I think we should sigh Koren Robinson if he agrees to wear a shock collar. :shock: :lol:

brewcrew1702

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whats up guys...I'm new here and anxious to get involved.

Here are my questions that Javon's injury brings up. With Ferguson's new role as a starter, we the staff try to limit him somewhat on special teams since we can ill afford and injury to him now. He is by far our best performer on special teams, but I just don't know if you can justify putting him in the position where an injury would be just devastating to us right now.

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive heard we are taking a look at Jerome Pathon. Plus this likely means Fergie and Chatman will be taking out of there special teams play. Maybe putting Davenport and Bragg (if activated) back there to return kicks and punts.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Murphy is supposed to be good at returning kicks. If he's healthy, I see give the rookie the chance to help the receiving game. There's a reason why free agents are free agents. I also hope they move Braggs up.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
billv said:
Murphy is supposed to be good at returning kicks. If he's healthy, I see give the rookie the chance to help the receiving game. There's a reason why free agents are free agents. I also hope they move Braggs up.

Free Agents are Free Agents for more than one reason. Normally because they are not good enough for a 53 man roster spot. Sometimes its because they have an overloaded position and have to let some go. There are also times players are let go because of other issues as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts