F>R's 2020 Mock Draft Thread (Final Mocks Page 16)

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Tanner Muse stated that he has been getting looks by NFL teams to play linebacker. He physically, he looks like the new linebacker prototype. But does he have that 'linebacker' mentally and instinct? Interesting late round prospect.

I haven't studied him personally, but people who I trust say he doesn't doesn't have it in coverage, regardless of where he plays. They project him as a ST ace.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't studied him personally, but people who I trust say he doesn't doesn't have it in coverage, regardless of where he plays. They project him as a ST ace.

Reminds me of that Penn State player, Troy Apke. Ran a sub 4.4 or something, and got drafted decently high even though he wasn't that good and never played with that speed.

The combine video of Apke running and Deion Sanders commentary is gold. Somebody that's not lazy like me should look it up and post it.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Reminds me of that Penn State player, Troy Apke. Ran a sub 4.4 or something, and got drafted decently high even though he wasn't that good and never played with that speed.

The combine video of Apke running and Deion Sanders commentary is gold. Somebody that's not lazy like me should look it up and post it.

Beware the good workout numbers for Penn Staters!

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beware the good workout numbers for Penn Staters!

I mean, they've had some great athletes! Clearly they're recruiting a type, and trust their development. World class S & C there.

I know you agree with me bc we always talk about it, but always trust the tape.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tanner Muse to me is the kind of guy who doesn't have the glowing speed and explosion, but is a technician and student of the game....he'll simply outwork other guys to be successful. I understand his lack of coverage value, but in NCAA most TEs are just taller, slower WRs, for example Stephen Sullivan of LSU who he lined up against in the NC. I've never seen Muse get completely burnt, but Coach Veneables at Clemson never put him in a position to be so either. With the exception of the more shiftier RBs in the NFL, he should have no problem covering TEs in the NFL, who have an average 40 time of about 4.66-4.74.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tanner Muse to me is the kind of guy who doesn't have the glowing speed and explosion, but is a technician and student of the game....he'll simply outwork other guys to be successful. I understand his lack of coverage value, but in NCAA most TEs are just taller, slower WRs, for example Stephen Sullivan of LSU who he lined up against in the NC. I've never seen Muse get completely burnt, but Coach Veneables at Clemson never put him in a position to be so either. With the exception of the more shiftier RBs in the NFL, he should have no problem covering TEs in the NFL, who have an average 40 time of about 4.66-4.74.

You and I have been on the Muse train together from the beginning...while his position is not a need, if our hunch is correct in the timing he is available he truly could be a BONAFIDE STEAL...or provide that solid backup for years.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We lost out on Hooper

Brady officially leaving Pats

Jameis still in limbo

Cam able to seek trade

And these Diggs and Hopkins trades

Fanspeak needs time to update draft order.

Next mock probably next week.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We lost out on Hooper

Jameis still in limbo

Cam able to seek trade

The QB shuffle is going to greatly impact my mocks...the WR needing teams changing could switch some things up too!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We lost out on Hooper

Jameis still in limbo

Cam able to seek trade

I'm quite curious to see how a few more OTs in FA wash out and sign...their locations could cause a slight trickle effect in where Tackles go in this draft as well.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guess Day 2 leaves just Cam and Clowney(who can even afford him?)

I think they'll be in FA for awhile so probably this weekend it'll be safe to change the board up a little.

I don't think Gute wants to be done but depending on how the market goes we might be.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guess Day 2 leaves just Cam and Clowney(who can even afford him?)

I think they'll be in FA for awhile so probably this weekend it'll be safe to change the board up a little.

I don't think Gute wants to be done but depending on how the market goes we might be.

I think without further cuts we are dealing with post draft action at this point for cheap leftovers. There are a couple old WR veterans I kinda have a hunch could get talked to but I'd hold off signing any until you see how draft falls to us.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Self-Quarantine Mock Draft V1. - This is what I would do, not what I think packers will do. Thats for Amish's thread, though some players might be picked by packs. I think I got a pretty good haul of athletic players via the draftnetwork simulator.

30. Kenneth Murray (LB)
62. Chase Claypool (WR)
94. Vann Jefferson (WR) it was Jefferson or KJ Hill
136. McTelvin Agim (DL)
175. Trey Adams (OL) - hes a character lol
192. Levonta Taylor (CB)
208. Mike Panasiuk (DL)
209. Austin Mack (WR)
236. Khaleke Hudson (LB)
242. Lavert Hill (CB)

Thats alot of picks.. I think packers pull the trigger and move up somewhere in the early rounds. I was stuck with either Vann Jefferson or KJ Hill. I went with Jefferson because I like him more but Packers seem to have stayed away from players with foot problems, which I think they regret (e.i. Myles Jack/Jaylon Smith). I wanted a late round RB but they were all taken, I still have to do a better job looking at RB prospects (which I will with all this time).

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Self-Quarantine Mock Draft V1. - This is what I would do, not what I think packers will do. Thats for Amish's thread, though some players might be picked by packs. I think I got a pretty good haul of athletic players via the draftnetwork simulator.

30. Kenneth Murray (LB)
62. Chase Claypool (WR)
94. Vann Jefferson (WR) it was Jefferson or KJ Hill
136. McTelvin Agim (DL)
175. Trey Adams (OL) - hes a character lol
192. Levonta Taylor (CB)
208. Mike Panasiuk (DL)
209. Austin Mack (WR)
236. Khaleke Hudson (LB)
242. Lavert Hill (CB)

Thats alot of picks.. I think packers pull the trigger and move up somewhere in the early rounds. I was stuck with either Vann Jefferson or KJ Hill. I went with Jefferson because I like him more but Packers seem to have stayed away from players with foot problems, which I think they regret (e.i. Myles Jack/Jaylon Smith). I wanted a late round RB but they were all taken, I still have to do a better job looking at RB prospects (which I will with all this time).

I'm intrigued why you went Jefferson versus KJ? I can see the mental gymnastics, but I'd say KJ given his skillset differs most from Claypool and Davante?

No lie I like this draft...and wouldn't say entirely unreasonable..however some of the shifts the last few days almost makes me less sure Murray makes it to us.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm intrigued why you went Jefferson versus KJ? I can see the mental gymnastics, but I'd say KJ given his skillset differs most from Claypool and Davante?
I like KJ Hill & and I like Vann Jefferson. I think both are underrated and are going to be solid WRs, It was a toss up and either one was fine with me. You're right KJ might have been the better pick to diversify the WR skillset. Historically & statistically speaking one of the top WRs drafted will be a bust, we don't know who but I personally think it's Shenault (debatable). I'm also not the biggest Justin Jefferson fan but I don't have that gut feeling I have with Shenault.

Mike Panasuik feels like a late-round gem. Hardnose, high motor guy, not the best pass rusher but his initial punch sends OL back.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No lie I like this draft...and wouldn't say entirely unreasonable..however some of the shifts the last few days almost makes me less sure Murray makes it to us.
I'd be glad to have Murray but I think if a solid DL like Kinlaw, Blacklock , Gallimore, or Derrick Brown if they drop in the draft, we trade up or stay in our spot and draft them. TBH I found myself grasping or just straight up taking athletic/traits players 3-6 rounds, where I was like - "dang we picking again?"

Last edited:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade up a few picks in the first to get Mims; 3rd best WR in the draft who's only real negative is that Baylor didn't showcase his skills. He was excellent at the Senior Bowl and has shown in college that, unlike Jefferson, he can excel at beating press coverage.

Otherwise, call the Chargers and offer a 3rd and 4th for Hunter Henry.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ILB in the first round doesn't make sense from an impact standpoint; unless you're getting an elite physical specimen in the first 5-10 picks then the improvement from a late-first to a 4th-round guy just doesn't work. More importantly, the first round pick needs to be spent on premium positions that are more expensive to fill in free agency. You draft a great WR or pass-rusher rather than signing a free agent for $15-$18 million a year. You can sign a very good ILB for half the cost of one of the more premium positions so it makes more sense, for the salary cap, to save a lot of money with a cost-controlled guy at an expensive position.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ILB in the first round doesn't make sense from an impact standpoint; unless you're getting an elite physical specimen in the first 5-10 picks then the improvement from a late-first to a 4th-round guy just doesn't work. More importantly, the first round pick needs to be spent on premium positions that are more expensive to fill in free agency. You draft a great WR or pass-rusher rather than signing a free agent for $15-$18 million a year. You can sign a very good ILB for half the cost of one of the more premium positions so it makes more sense, for the salary cap, to save a lot of money with a cost-controlled guy at an expensive position.

Sorry the second you said a pass rusher as an option you lost me. We are solid there and I don't want to see another top pick go to a position that isn't going to see many snaps. ILB, even if Kirksey is everything I hope he'll be is a position of need. Personally I like the idea of a WR or a big DL with our top pick, but ILB and OT are both positions the organization has gotta get answered long term.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be glad to have Murray but I think if a solid DL like Kinlaw, Blacklock , Gallimore, or Derrick Brown if they drop in the draft, we trade up or stay in our spot and draft them. TBH I found myself grasping or just straight up taking athletic/traits players 3-6 rounds, where I was like - "dang we picking again?"

Kinlaw is not seeing that late into the draft. I just did a mock and Blacklock is a real option that no one could IMO make a strong case as being a bad pick at #30...from need, to what he'll give to potential.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry the second you said a pass rusher as an option you lost me. We are solid there and I don't want to see another top pick go to a position that isn't going to see many snaps. ILB, even if Kirksey is everything I hope he'll be is a position of need. Personally I like the idea of a WR or a big DL with our top pick, but ILB and OT are both positions the organization has gotta get answered long term.

It was an example of a premium position. I was not advocating, simply pointing out that some positions cost FAR more than others in free agency.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I ran two simulated drafts using Fanpseak... They simulated multiple WRs being picked back to back in the 1st and second. Pushed Jeffrey Okudah and many top DLs into 30s and 2nd round... Lol.. It seems to overvalue WR and offensive players.