F>R's 2020 Mock Draft Thread (Final Mocks Page 16)

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would take all this in a heartbeat. Nice job. But I think only Eliott is there at these spots. I think Johnson looked really good at the combine and moved up quite a bit.

Yeah it was kinda my "wish list" draft board, but my actual realistic latest mock I just posted involving some trades I know you'll appreciate.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay I'm convinced that Mims is the pick, but NOT in the 1st Round. More on that mock later, trying to do some number crunching for the trade.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay I'm convinced that Mims is the pick, but NOT in the 1st Round. More on that mock later, trying to do some number crunching for the trade.

In my latest when I had us trade back Mims was the tempting option and I truly think if we trade back it will be for a WR or a lineman. Was tough and I chose my top DL left and that left our normal 2nd round pick for our WR pick...Mims is gone by then I believe so went with the freak Claypool...but was tough between 4 or 5 options I sense may be there.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my latest when I had us trade back Mims was the tempting option and I truly think if we trade back it will be for a WR or a lineman. Was tough and I chose my top DL left and that left our normal 2nd round pick for our WR pick...Mims is gone by then I believe so went with the freak Claypool...but was tough between 4 or 5 options I sense may be there.

Claypool is a freak, but his tape is just average. Don't let the numbers fool you. He's a late day 2 prospect at best.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Claypool is a freak, but his tape is just average. Don't let the numbers fool you. He's a late day 2 prospect at best.

I've watched plenty of his games live. He is a numbers freak but he was already a solid 2nd/3rd guy already before combine for me personally.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

For what it's worth, Zierlein had Claypool graded as his 39th overall prospect and his WR7 before the combine. It's not like that's gospel or anything, but smart people were in on him prior to the workout numbers.

He's obviously a catch point monster, but what pops to me is how much juice he has in his movement skills after the catch. There are screens he catches in the flat, one against Louisville and one against Iowa State, that are pretty crazy to watch for a 230+ lb receiver.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For what it's worth, Zierlein had Claypool graded as his 39th overall prospect and his WR7 before the combine. It's not like that's gospel or anything, but smart people were in on him prior to the workout numbers.

He's obviously a catch point monster, but what pops to me is how much juice he has in his movement skills after the catch. There are screens he catches in the flat, one against Louisville and one against Iowa State, that are pretty crazy to watch for a 230+ lb receiver.

I know that I'm probably an outlier on this, but I just don't like him that much. I'm probably wrong, but to me, there's a lot of other receivers I'd rather have.

The really nice thing about Claypool is that he's a great ST's player. Which means that he's a tough kid, hard worker. That helps a lot.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I know that I'm probably an outlier on this, but I just don't like him that much. I'm probably wrong, but to me, there's a lot of other receivers I'd rather have.

The really nice thing about Claypool is that he's a great ST's player. Which means that he's a tough kid, hard worker. That helps a lot.

I see shades of Vincent Jackson. Probably in part because of the jersey #.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay so I haven't finished reading all the scouting reports necessary to make my true mock(CBs, RBs, and OL) but I have been working the trade angle because I think Mims can be had in the 2nd Round while getting an early pick on the back end of Day 3(Trying to hone in on who that guy could be). While looking for trade partners I found something REALLY interesting....I doubt Elway(who is considered immortal at Mile High....) would ever do this but let's take a trip to a parallel universe(I'll keep it brief):

"SIXTH MOCK - NO BALLS GUTE"

TRADE!!!!
Green Bay trades 30th Overall - 196.31 points
Denver trades 77th, 83rd, 95th, and 108th Overall - 182.72 points

This is a trade where the eventual Packers Draft Class is truly "Greater than the sum of its parts". Sure, we could take Mims, but is Mims going to out perform FIVE Day 2 picks and Top 100 selections? Doubt it.

62nd Overall: Raekwon Davis, DL - Alabama: Clark needs help. Plug and play.

77th Overall: Cameron Dantzler, CB - Mississippi State: CB is a sneaky need, although I think Sullivan can step up. Dantzler is insurance.

83rd Overall: Van Jefferson, WR - Florida: Not blazing fast, but one of the best route runners in the class. He'll produce early in the slot.

94th Overall: Anfernee Jennings, OLB - Alabama: Let Fackrell test the market, Jennings will outperform him Day 1 and can even play inside.

95th Overall: Jordyn Brooks, ILB - Texas Tech: Pretty nice steal in the back of Day 2 to solidify the inside.

115th Overall: Tyler Johnson, WR - Minnesota: I don't get why he's ranked so low. The production is there; for multiple seasons too, good for us though.

133rd Overall: Jacob Phillips, ILB - LSU: I think we can enjoy watching Brooks and Phillips grow up together with the Smith Brothers and Clark clearing the way for some sacks and tackles for loss.

175th Overall: Lamical Perine, RB - Florida: The do-it-all back from Florida doesn't have glowing measureables, but I think he acclimates to the pro game quickly.

192nd Overall: Tanner Muse, S/LB - Clemson: Muse's 4.41 40 put him permanently on my radar for Day 3. He could earn a living for a long time as a sub-package animal who can cover TEs and RBs while still delivering hits in the run game.

208th Overall: Yasir Durant, G - Missouri: He originally came to Mizzou as a Guard before being moved to LT and RT. I like him better at Guard, but that swing tackle ability will deliver dividends as he pushes Billy Taylor.

209th Overall: Terrence Steele, T - Texas Tech: Still like this guy to make a splash at RT in 2 years.

224th Overall: McTelvin Agim, DL - Arkansas: I like Agim to be a developmental guy who may end up on the PS squad if he doesn't make the team right away, was hoping he'd do better at the Combine.

242nd Overall: Quez Watkins, WR - Southern Miss: Dude had a good Combine, played at Favre's Alma Mater, sue me.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your first two picks are a guy who hasn't hardly produced the past two years, and a zone corner who ran a 4.64 when Pettine runs predominantly a man press scheme.

Bold choices.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your first two picks are a guy who hasn't hardly produced the past two years, and a zone corner who ran a 4.64 when Pettine runs predominantly a man press scheme.

Bold choices.

I'm trusting my "gut" with Davis.

Dantzler ran poor, and I'm going he drops to a 4.5 for his Pro Day.... and while Miss State does run zone, he never shies away from using his hands and playing physical. He even knocked Tua out if you remember. I like his LSU tape, which I believe shows he can be an adequate press man guy. I could have selected Jaylon Johnson, but I'm just not sure about the level of competition he faced.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm trusting my "gut" with Davis.

Dantzler ran poor, and I'm going he drops to a 4.5 for his Pro Day.... and while Miss State does run zone, he never shies away from using his hands and playing physical. He even knocked Tua out if you remember. I like his LSU tape, which I believe shows he can be an adequate press man guy. I could have selected Jaylon Johnson, but I'm just not sure about the level of competition he faced.

Pro day times (hand times) vs combine (laser).

There's a reason pro day times are always faster.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

77th Overall: Cameron Dantzler, CB - Mississippi State: CB is a sneaky need, although I think Sullivan can step up. Dantzler is insurance.

83rd Overall: Van Jefferson, WR - Florida: Not blazing fast, but one of the best route runners in the class. He'll produce early in the slot.

94th Overall: Anfernee Jennings, OLB - Alabama: Let Fackrell test the market, Jennings will outperform him Day 1 and can even play inside.

95th Overall: Jordyn Brooks, ILB - Texas Tech: Pretty nice steal in the back of Day 2 to solidify the inside.

115th Overall: Tyler Johnson, WR - Minnesota: I don't get why he's ranked so low. The production is there; for multiple seasons too, good for us though.

133rd Overall: Jacob Phillips, ILB - LSU: I think we can enjoy watching Brooks and Phillips grow up together with the Smith Brothers and Clark clearing the way for some sacks and tackles for loss.

175th Overall: Lamical Perine, RB - Florida: The do-it-all back from Florida doesn't have glowing measureables, but I think he acclimates to the pro game quickly.

192nd Overall: Tanner Muse, S/LB - Clemson: Muse's 4.41 40 put him permanently on my radar for Day 3. He could earn a living for a long time as a sub-package animal who can cover TEs and RBs while still delivering hits in the run game.

208th Overall: Yasir Durant, G - Missouri: He originally came to Mizzou as a Guard before being moved to LT and RT. I like him better at Guard, but that swing tackle ability will deliver dividends as he pushes Billy Taylor.

209th Overall: Terrence Steele, T - Texas Tech: Still like this guy to make a splash at RT in 2 years.

224th Overall: McTelvin Agim, DL - Arkansas: I like Agim to be a developmental guy who may end up on the PS squad if he doesn't make the team right away, was hoping he'd do better at the Combine.

242nd Overall: Quez Watkins, WR - Southern Miss: Dude had a good Combine, played at Favre's Alma Mater, sue me.

Pushing aside your self admitted illogical and not going to happen trade (LOL)....I think to a lesser extent you ignored the shifty burner type WR as well like me. I love Davis as you know so solid pick at that spot, Van Jefferson oddly enough got serious contention for me in my last but I just didn't see him there when it became a topic (which was in the 4th for the record).

You know I love Steele....I just more and more think he doesn't sniff past pick 200...I'm happy though if we pick him I'm not alone knowing about him. Same with Muse as well...I see him creeping up in that 170-195 range on more folks radars.

While I'd hate to see us wait as long as you did to address any OL, I wouldn't be complaining at this unless a guy like Peart was still there when you picked at 83 or 94...

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love it.....but most mocks show Murrary and Queen gone by 30. what is your next best pick there? I keep coming up with OT Austin Jackson...maybe long shot ruggs falls. I think Elliott may be gone by 4th pick. so Murray my dream but i think it could go 1st Jackson 2nd Mims 3rd Elliott DL or Brooks, Harrison ILB 4th IDL or ILB oppisite of 3rd pick. 5th best of CB RB TE
After Ruggs' 40 time I doubt he falls.

Unless a top talent inexplicably falls to us, I'm thinking this might be a prime year for a trade down say with Carolina for their #38 pick in Rd 2 plus swapping our 94 in the 3rd for their #69 in the 3rd. It basically costs them a drop in the 3rd round and nets us 3 a 25 pick jump in the 3rd without losing much. Unless of course someone Gute loves falls to us at #30, or slightly before he is determined to have.

I also look for NO to be in play as a potential trade partner to move up in front of Minny if someone like Murray or Ruggs falls that far. It would cost us our 3rd rounder unless we could package a player in there with maybe our 4th or 5th Rd pick. Not sure who that might be.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Okay so I haven't finished reading all the scouting reports necessary to make my true mock(CBs, RBs, and OL) but I have been working the trade angle because I think Mims can be had in the 2nd Round while getting an early pick on the back end of Day 3(Trying to hone in on who that guy could be). While looking for trade partners I found something REALLY interesting....I doubt Elway(who is considered immortal at Mile High....) would ever do this but let's take a trip to a parallel universe(I'll keep it brief):

"SIXTH MOCK - NO BALLS GUTE"

TRADE!!!!
Green Bay trades 30th Overall - 196.31 points
Denver trades 77th, 83rd, 95th, and 108th Overall - 182.72 points

This is a trade where the eventual Packers Draft Class is truly "Greater than the sum of its parts". Sure, we could take Mims, but is Mims going to out perform FIVE Day 2 picks and Top 100 selections? Doubt it.

I can't take a mock seriously that starts off with a trade like that.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well like I said that was just a "parallel universe" mock. It was something just for kicks while I was searching for a meaningful trade back for Mims.

But it was just busted as the Broncos traded their 4th Round pick to the Jags for AJ Bouye....

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Well like I said that was just a "parallel universe" mock. It was something just for kicks while I was searching for a meaningful trade back for Mims.

But it was just busted as the Broncos traded their 4th Round pick to the Jags for AJ Bouye....

I think it was busted in that those kinds of trades don't really happen.

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are we even having a Draft anymore?

Next mock after Pro Days.
The Draft in Vegas I think is pretty much over with. The draft however can be done digitally and broadcast with minimal concentration of people. Analysts can broadcast from their studios and the Commish can announce from his own desk if he wants.

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Draft in Vegas I think is pretty much over with. The draft however can be done digitally and broadcast with minimal concentration of people. Analysts can broadcast from their studios and the Commish can announce from his own desk if he wants.

The discussion of the moment suggests postponing the draft until mid May and FA until??? I can see the draft postponement to allow for interviews and pro-days to pick back up, but
FA . . . not. There is no need to stop every piece of business with the NFL, only large gatherings. Otherwise, we need to close every business in America and just sit at home and play video games, eat popcorn and watch old DVDs. There comes a point when too much is too much.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tanner Muse stated that he has been getting looks by NFL teams to play linebacker. He physically, he looks like the new linebacker prototype. But does he have that 'linebacker' mentally and instinct? Interesting late round prospect.