Expectations post shake-up

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, we've all been good kids and Santa has been kind to us.

What is your expectation going forward from new management (GM, DC etc)?

For me,

- a bit more activity in FA.
- Some contract restructuring to include more performance related bonus and less guarantee stuff. (Should incentivize Clay, Cobb etc)
- Improvements in defensive side?

Superbowl win in 2018-19 season? :)

Anything else?

Patrick J. Costello

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SB within 3 yrs. and get a viable back up QB who could be legit heir.
Rebuild on D. Pay cuts and cuts. Receivers, LB and Safety.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Looking at next year's schedule of opponents, could be a tough year on the road, having to travel to Los Angeles, Seattle and New England. As long as #12 stays healthy, I am optimistic. A new GM and DC even heightens my optimism even more. :)

2018 OPPONENTS

• HOME: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Atlanta Falcons
    You must be logged in to see this image or video!

• AWAY: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, Los Angeles Rams, Seattle Seahawks, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Washington Redskins

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, that road schedule could be brutal. But we get Atlanta at home, whoohoo!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The home schedule looks relatively "easy". Although I thought that this year. :D

Hope we get Miami and Atlanta in December, but knowing the schedule makers, they will give the warm weather teams a break and bring them here in Sept/Oct. but have no issues with sending the Packers to Jacksonville or Miami in the heat of September.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Expectations?

I expect that I'll be sitting around watching guys in the know right the listing ship. Since I don't know doodly-squat about running a multi-billion dollar organization, I'll expect them to do the job.

Whoda thunk a semi-literate linebacker for the Minnesota Vikings could bring down an NFL GM VP of Football Operations.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect MM to retain his buddy Lovat and the Packers to thus lead professional sports in hamstring and groin pulls for the 5th consecutive season.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Next year with healthy AR we make the playoffs. He wins the first game and MM gets out coached in the second.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Next year with healthy AR we make the playoffs. He wins the first game and MM gets out coached in the second.

Unless they lose a close NFCCG and/or SB, I think MM is gone next season. Rodgers only has a few years left. It's time to get that SB ring by any means necessary.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Expectations?

I expect that I'll be sitting around watching guys in the know right the listing ship. Since I don't know doodly-squat about running a multi-billion dollar organization, I'll expect them to do the job.

Whoda thunk a semi-literate linebacker for the Minnesota Vikings could bring down an NFL GM VP of Football Operations.

As always, (1) just because you, or anyone else, hasn't done something, doesn't mean you couldn't and (2) the guys who put the ship in this condition were 'in the know'.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Looking at next year's schedule of opponents, could be a tough year on the road, having to travel to Los Angeles, Seattle and New England. As long as #12 stays healthy, I am optimistic. A new GM and DC even heightens my optimism even more. :)

2018 OPPONENTS

• HOME: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Atlanta Falcons

• AWAY: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, Los Angeles Rams, Seattle Seahawks, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Washington Redskins
Yeah, at Goff, at Brady, at Wilson. And you could see a resurging Redskins team with Cousins as well. That, along with our normal division road slate could definitely be challenging.

I feel very comfortable with our home schedule. We really need to protect Lambeau field next year. That game with Jimmy G could present some issues especially if it's an early season game. And obviously the Falcons.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
This has the ability to go so wrong so fast if the Pack hire the wrong guy.

This could be an ESPN 30 for 30 if **** hits the fan fast.
"What if I told you one broken collar bone started the downfall of a Football team". ESPN presents a 30 for 30 "Broken Collarbone".

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This has the ability to go so wrong so fast if the Pack hire the wrong guy.

This could be an ESPN 30 for 30 if **** hits the fan fast.
"What if I told you one broken collar bone started the downfall of a Football team". ESPN presents a 30 for 30 "Broken Collarbone".

I agree, but it could be that broken collar bone that finally gives the Packer organization the push they apparently needed to make changes that could actually do some real good.

Change can be scary for some and yes, it could go the wrong way. However, I don't think we could get much worse on defense, TT's time was nearing an end and now it is up to the powers to be to figure out who is best to take over the reins. I'm pretty confident that this is pretty well mapped out already and its just a matter of narrowing it down to THE guy (or gal of course :) )

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
As always, (1) just because you, or anyone else, hasn't done something, doesn't mean you couldn't and (2) the guys who put the ship in this condition were 'in the know'.

Oh, I could... I'm brilliant...just ask me, I'll tell ya. ;)

Sure they were "in the know" - however, they didn't set out to knowingly make decisions that would mess things up for the team in the event Aaron would be injured... I don't believe that is anyone's assertion.

Jed12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just want whoever steps in at GM to address the pass rush and pass catching issues...

Past that a winning season with playoff football again as it still doesn’t feel right waiting for the draft at this point....

Members online

Latest posts