Even the Enemy agrees, Rodgers is one of the best.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While waiting for the hands of the football gods in heaven above to touch the left ankle of a soon-to-be 41-year-old QB (Odds of that happening: 99.99999999) ...

. Those who don't care for Brett Favre's offseason behavior probably like it that Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy were able to successfully stake their careers on the fact Aaron Rodgers provided a seamless transition to the post-Favre era two years ago. Yeah, Favre came back and beat em twice last year. But no one can argue that Rodgers isn't a 26-year-old star in the rising.

With 364 more pass attempts, Rodgers could move ahead of Hall of Famer Steve Young as the career leader in passer rating. On a scale where 158.3 is a perfect rating, Rodgers is at 97.2, but has only 1,136 career completions. He needs 1,500 to qualify. Considering he's averaged 539 attempts the past two seasons, he should reach 1,500 this year. Young had a career rating of 96.8.

While that stat is nice, Rodgers would rather join a more select list. As Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel points out, Rodgers is trying to become the sixth QB in the last 25 years to win a Super Bowl without having won a playoff game prior to that season. The QBs who have done it are Jim McMahon in 1985, Jeff Hostetler in 1990, Kurt Warner in 1999, Tom Brady in 2001 and Eli Manning in 2007.

I don't think he'll do it this year, especially when those football gods descend on Hattiesburg sometime after the Vikings break camp.

Rodgers rates among the best | StarTribune.com

Must be prepping for covering the Packers after the Vikings move to LA.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Viking fans shouldnt be allowed to talk about SBs until they experience one.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, that whole comment section made me laugh. "Rodgers has never won anything and is 0-1 in the playoffs." True, *******, but he's only been a starter for 2 friggin years. What did you expect, two Super Bowl rings by now?

Vikings fans make me laugh. They know their situation is desperate so they do whatever they can to try and "even the playing field." Truth is we're worlds apart. We're just starting to find our groove while they're starting to slip out of theirs.

Eh well. Is it week one yet?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love that the author puts his "perspective" on the article.

"I don't think he'll do it this year, especially when those football gods descend on Hattiesburg sometime after the Vikings break camp."

Priceless.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I was cracking up at that line too. I wanted to respond with, "Or flips you the bird" but I had to create an account, and frankly, that's too much time to waste on the Vikings.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
It goes:

National Football League's NFC North:
The Packers
da Bears
and that purple team and the blue team.......

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Man, reading those comments. Thank God I'm a Packers Fan. Whew.

Viking Logic

If you don't win a Championship your nothing
Vikings have never won a Championship, but Farve did 13 years ago
Therefore, the Vikings are awesome!!!

That's Classic. If the only bright spot in your trophy case is that your QB won a SB 13 years ago for a divisional rival. Damn, must be a real beating to be a Vikings fan.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like these comments.
Viqueens fans gots owned with them.

It is Favre without the mental capacity

Rodgers is far superior to Favre in mental abilities and deserves a much higher grade than C. The supposed knock about holding the ball too long wasn't valid after the first eight games last season. Spewing insults is childish, it doesn't make Rodgers look bad, it makes the guy who posted them look dim. Favre has never grown out of his tendency to throw the stupid pass. Rodgers is far ahead of Favre at the same stage of their careers. Favre couldn't beat the Cowboys, choked every time and the one SB win was in a down time for the Boys and it was Reggie White that put that team over the top. When Reggie declined so did the Packers. Favre has played at a high level over a long period of time but hasn't been able to win the big game since his lone SB win and they all end the same way, with him throwing up a duck. So here you Viking fans sit in the same position again, with the Packers still having the best QB in the division.

If it is all about a Superbowl?

Then what does that make our team? That is such flawed logic. I for one would take Rodgers in a heartneat here in Minny. But I do not think Rodgers will threated to retire anytime soon nor do i think he will retire then change his mind anytime soon so I guess our long term answer is Tjack or maybe the Puke Blowing ringless choker McNabb
posted by vkchokepart4