ESPNs top 10 toughest venues

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lambeau is #1.

Here's my perspective:
Vince Lombardi era: Yes.
Afterwards: Sure but only if they can get to the playoffs.
During Brent Farve's tenure: At first but then not so much. (Think playoff games including NFCCG against the NY Giants.)
Aaron Rodgers time: Put on that title belt baby!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lambeau is the thoughest place to play when it's freezing, because it's the coldest place in the NFL. And because usually the Packers are very good.

But the atmosphere isn't that intimidating and the field conditions are great. In normal weather, with an average Packers team, Lambeau is not one of the hardest places to play...

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
According to some of the visiting teams, Lambeau is the toughest place to play because it's not surrounded by big city & related night life. I'm proud that my team's venue is thought of as the toughest place to play.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think depending on the time of year the metrodome can be the toughest place to play. Favre never played well there when he was a Packer and Rodgers has had some of his worst moments in the dome. Its the most credit I can give the Vikings. I will take Lambeau in December though.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to say it but i think a late season game at Soldier field could be more daunting. I mean the condition of that POS field by November is bad let alone once you get into December and January.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only in winter and playoffs in Packers have home field, yeah I'd go with Lambeau. In the start of the season September/Octoberish not really.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Only in winter and playoffs in Packers have home field, yeah I'd go with Lambeau. In the start of the season September/Octoberish not really.

Packer fans also more engaged than any other team. We have the best fans and the best stadium. Definitely the hardest place to play.

NavinRJohnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this article is an obvious attempt to generate site hits and chatter by inciting the two largest and most passionate fan-bases in the league.
i'm a Steeler fan in Vancouver and i've been to Qwest and there is no question it should be number one. both of our respective home fields depend largely on the weather and the team being fielded (strong one's more often than not) but Seattle's was designed to be loud. it's basically two amphitheaters turned to face each other with a playing field in between - and it's really effective.

as an aside, the reason i joined this site was because my sister-in-law's boyfriend signed as a UDFA - not officially, i guess, since he has to get released from his UFL contract first.
I'm not just your average troll. :p

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the only true way to declare which stadium is the toughest to play in would be to look at the stats and records for the past 3-5 seasons.
See which ones the home teams won the most in.
That would be the toughest stadium to play in. The one that records the most losses for the opposing team.

buckshotrob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think depending on the time of year the metrodome can be the toughest place to play. Favre never played well there when he was a Packer and Rodgers has had some of his worst moments in the dome. Its the most credit I can give the Vikings. I will take Lambeau in December though.

did u see wat rodgers did in the **** dome last year

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
did u see wat rodgers did in the **** dome last year

Yes of course he had an excellent game. But I'm not talking about just one game, I'm talking about the past 15 years or so. It's been a house of horrors and it's extremely loud. Which might or might not be piped in.