EQ is at a crossroads...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Well I’ll be a Monkey’s Uncle! La di frickin’ Da (with a Chris Farley feel) :x3:

I’m wondering if he got the ‘ol speech about living in a van down by the River??
It’s a very inspirational talk by Farley about misbehaving at Halloween. :roflmao:

RIP Chris

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

At this point he has exhausted the number of times the Packers can promote him from the PS to the 53 and then back down. If he plays one more snap, he either has to stay on the roster or cut. Not sure if he would be eligible to be resigned to the PS this year if not picked up, I doubt it.

@captainWIMM is more familiar with rules as these, any thought or knowledge here Capt? Could he if cut then be reclaimed if no one picks him up on waivers?

I tried to find something, but failed. But thinking it through logically, if a Team can only promote a player from the PS "X amount of times in a season" and that is exhausted, I doubt the clock resets if he is cut and picked up again by the same team. If nobody picks him back up, the Packers could probably resign him to the 53, but the bridge to send him back to the PS probably stays burned.

There's a difference between signing a player to the active roster from the practice squad or elevate him from the PS to the game day roster. The first move requires the team to remove another player from the active roster while teams can expand the roster to 55 by using the second option.

With EQ, the Packers elevated him for the second (and last possible) time this season before the Bengals game. He automatically reverted to the practice squad after the game. Therefore, the Packers need to sign him to the active roster to have him available for a game this season, a move they made yesterday.

There's no reason they can't sign him to their PS after he cleared waivers if they intend to release him from the active roster in the future. But they would have to sign him to the active roster once again for him to be available on game day moving forward though.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Growing up in Milwaukee, I had a few real jobs starting at 12 such as a dishwasher in a restaurant and also working as a caddy. I'd never been to a country club or played golf. I was tiny, much like the little kid trying to carry Al Czervik's bag in Caddyshack. One day I carried the bag of one of the big car dealers in town. I can't remember if it was Ernie Von Schledorn, Heiser.....actually looked it up, I think it was Gordie Boucher.

I get done caddying his bag, and much like in Caddyshack, he says that instead of a tip he gives me his business card and says that he'll give me x% off on a used car. I was 12 years old and probably looked like I was 10! That cheap $@#^.

No cokes for me in the caddy lounge that day. I probably biked home in tears.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Growing up in Milwaukee, I had a few real jobs starting at 12 such as a dishwasher in a restaurant and also working as a caddy. I'd never been to a country club or played golf. I was tiny, much like the little kid trying to carry Al Czervik's bag in Caddyshack. One day I carried the bag of one of the big car dealers in town. I can't remember if it was Ernie Von Schledorn, Heiser.....actually looked it up, I think it was Gordie Boucher.

I get done caddying his bag, and much like in Caddyshack, he says that instead of a tip he gives me his business card and says that he'll give me x% off on a used car. I was 12 years old and probably looked like I was 10! That cheap $@#^.

No cokes for me in the caddy lounge that day. I probably biked home in tears.
Gunga la gunga for El Guapo. So you got that going for you........ which is nice.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When he's gotten any opportunities I haven't seen the same things that made me think he has what it takes as I did when he was first here.
well, I know it was negated by a referee, but that was a pretty sweet route, catch, body control etc on the TD that wasn't. So, I now say, I did see some of the same things that made me think he has what it takes when he first got here.

They like him and stick with him for a reason, quit teasing us EQ.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
well, I know it was negated by a referee, but that was a pretty sweet route, catch, body control etc on the TD that wasn't. So, I now say, I did see some of the same things that made me think he has what it takes when he first got here.

They like him and stick with him for a reason, quit teasing us EQ.
Double blown call on that play by the same Ref. Wasn't OPI and he did get his feet down.

EQB has skills and the ability to make those kind of catches, which is probably why the Packers have kept him around for 4 seasons. Injuries and opportunities just haven't been kind to him. I didn't see Malik Taylor on the field yesterday, perhaps EQ as passed him by on the depth chart?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess one maybe catch, is enough to keep the EQ support going for another 3 or 4 weeks.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess one maybe catch, is enough to keep the EQ support going for another 3 or 4 weeks.

I see it as his blocking (which was excellent) and Malik possibly not fully healthy assists in him continuing on - on top of the route/catch.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
No maybe about the catch, he caught it and was inbounds. The "maybe" involves the Defensive PI as EQ was going into the EZ and the Offensive PI the ref flagged before the catch.

Did the play improve his stats? No, but I think when the coaches look at the film they will see a player getting open and making a great catch at the back of the EZ.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...but I think when the coaches look at the film they will see a player getting open and making a great catch at the back of the EZ.
He's listed at 6'-5" tall, so probably a legit 6'-3.5 or 6'-4" so can see him as a redzone target along with Lazard & our TE's.

Reaction score
No maybe about the catch, he caught it and was inbounds. The "maybe" involves the Defensive PI as EQ was going into the EZ and the Offensive PI the ref flagged before the catch.

Did the play improve his stats? No, but I think when the coaches look at the film they will see a player getting open and making a great catch at the back of the EZ.
You know the strange thing I noticed was a Bears Defender was making pushing hand motions and pleading for the Ref to throw a flag. It’s just my opinion but I think he “sold” the Ref something he’d never even seen.
Anyway scoring plays should be reviewed for accuracy and it should include all obvious Gaffs by their own Refs. Then they should put a picture of the Ref on the jumbo screen with a big ❌ over his face and a loud Buzzer on each missed call until he or she is ejected from the game due to 3 poorly called infractions ❌ ❌ ❌ (Where is Richard Dawson when you need him?!)
Then he should get an option to either
1. be feathered and tarred.
Or
2. Be beaten by the losing team with a bucket of 39 freshly caught wet Carp from the Lake Onalaska Spillway

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
He's listed at 6'-5" tall, so probably a legit 6'-3.5 or 6'-4" so can see him as a redzone target along with Lazard & our TE's.
There is no doubt he has the physical skills to be a good WR, although it appears he still is rather slender and could spend more time in the weight room. Might help him with blocking as well as gaining separation at the LOS.

Attachments

• https___lombardiave.com_wp-content_uploads_getty-images_2018_08_1091845884.jpeg
    https___lombardiave.com_wp-content_uploads_getty-images_2018_08_1091845884.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 82

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I did not see an obvious catch. He had the ball by the fingertips, not completely certain he had foot on ground and no bobble, and I did not see any definitive sideline shot of his 2nd foot. jmo Obviously I'm not a big fan at this point. Not going to give him any benefits of the doubt. And I like Taylor. I'll be more than happy to accept him when he really proves himself. I meant if.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did not see an obvious catch. He had the ball by the fingertips, not completely certain he had foot on ground and no bobble, and I did not see any definitive sideline shot of his 2nd foot. jmo
Are you sure you aren‘t remembering/confusing the possible interception by douglas… because your description describes that situation much better. RE: the EQ TD Even the refs corrected themselves and admitted it was a catch and touchdown… overturned by an offensive PI call (bogus in my view btw.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you sure you aren‘t remembering/confusing the possible interception by douglas… because your description describes that situation much better. RE: the EQ TD Even the refs corrected themselves and admitted it was a catch and touchdown… overturned by an offensive PI call (bogus in my view btw.
That was what I thought. It would have been reviewed as a matter of course. I sure did not see any pass interference but it was a little tough to see if he extended his arm(s).

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Thanks you beat me to the punch.
Obviously I'm not a big fan at this point. Not going to give him any benefits of the doubt. And I like Taylor. I'll be more than happy to accept him when he really proves himself. I meant if.
I understand feeling that way about ESB, but then shouldn't Taylor have to prove himself to you too? ESB has 29 career catches for 445 yds. Taylor has 7 for 80 yards.

Latest posts