EPL and British Football

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
But do I get it right ? Its shown on Free-TV ?
I wonder if they stream the matches because that would give me the chance to watch it when using an US IP :sneaky:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Yesterday NBC broadcast two full hours on the Premiere League so those of us in the U.S. could learn what it was all about. It was a fun show. They talked about what personality types follow which teams. The history of a number of the clubs. The pubs and the fans. It was like a "Premiere League for Dummies" book on TV. For those of us in the states who don't grow up with it, the show was very informative.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yesterday NBC broadcast two full hours on the Premiere League so those of us in the U.S. could learn what it was all about. It was a fun show. They talked about what personality types follow which teams. The history of a number of the clubs. The pubs and the fans. It was like a "Premiere League for Dummies" book on TV. For those of us in the states who don't grow up with it, the show was very informative.

Liverpool - Long faded glory team from the past, thick incomprehensible accents. Play in red

Manchester United - Spoiled glory hunters, soon to be living on past glories again. Play in red

Arsenal - Sophisticated French Man United feeder club, haven't won anything in years. Play in red.

Man City - Newly rich northern upstarts, annoying fans and the singer from Oasis likes them nuff said. Would like to play in Red.

Spurs - Won much? not. Always the Bridesmaids Play in white.

Chelsea - In the past always the gallant losers that played nice football. Now owed by a Russian Billionaire, play ugly and win things. No one likes us care we not. Play in Blue.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Liverpool - Long faded glory team from the past, thick incomprehensible accents. Play in red

Manchester United - Spoiled glory hunters, soon to be living on past glories again. Play in red

Arsenal - Sophisticated French Man United feeder club, haven't won anything in years. Play in red.

Man City - Newly rich northern upstarts, annoying fans and the singer from Oasis likes them nuff said. Would like to play in Red.

Spurs - Won much? not. Always the Bridesmaids Play in white.

Chelsea - In the past always the gallant losers that played nice football. Now owed by a Russian Billionaire, play ugly and win things. No one likes us care we not. Play in Blue.
Excuse me !!!!! A Scotsman calling the Liverpool accent incomprehensible ??? cheeky git....lol. A VERY offended Scouser ! :eek:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Excuse me !!!!! A Scotsman calling the Liverpool accent incomprehensible ??? cheeky git....lol. A VERY offended Scouser ! :eek:

I've been called worse, we don't all talk like Kenny Dalglish, nevermind the accents where's the league titles none since 1990..................:)

Last edited:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I used to love trying to figure out what Sir Alex was saying. Speaking as one from the States, you all talk funny. :p

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I used to love trying to figure out what Sir Alex was saying. Speaking as one from the States, you all talk funny. :p

Absolutely he does talk funny, i could not stand his team. But you know what he was a Scotsman and a winner. :p

I

I've been called worse, we don't all talk like Kenny Dalglish, nevermind the accents where's the league titles none since 1990..................:)
Liverpool were just giving everybody else a chance to win something ;)

I

Oh, I like that argument. :tup:
Should use it for my team as well. Makes waiting for another title since 26 years much easier.....:whistling::D

Honestly........If you can say it with a serious face and avoid laughing, it sounds as if you mean it.....lol ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Soccer...you know, the slow moving game where it takes days to score a point? It makes dressage look exciting. :p

I don't know Soccer but i know Dressage! now thats a sport i remember watching it at the Olympics. The Horsies were really nice. And we won gold. :cool::p

I

Soccer...you know, the slow moving game where it takes days to score a point? It makes dressage look exciting. :p
You cannot be serious about slow moving ??? It certainly doesn`t take three and a half hours to play an hour :roflmao:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You cannot be serious about slow moving ??? It certainly doesn`t take three and a half hours to play an hour :roflmao:

Okay, I'll be more blunt if the subtlety is lost in the translation. I find it boring as hell. Is there some reason I'm supposed to enjoy soccer of which I'm not aware?

I

Okay, I'll be more blunt if the subtlety is lost in the translation. I find it boring as hell. Is there some reason I'm supposed to enjoy soccer of which I'm not aware?
Well why bother commenting ?

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well why bother commenting ?

To make mention that i do like rugby, which is also not traditionally an "American" sport. Why does everything seem to bother you so much? Even a little light ribbing seems to get deep under your skin. I make a light joke about soccer and you take it way too seriously. And that was in response to someone else's joke asking what soccer was. Lighten up, eh?

I

To make mention that i do like rugby, which is also not traditionally an "American" sport. Why does everything seem to bother you so much? Even a little light ribbing seems to get deep under your skin. Lighten up, eh?
Light ribbing ? You have just come across as a complete **** all pissing day. I`m suspecting we`ve crossed swords before, but you`ve come back under a new name because so many people had you blocked, you couldn`t talk your **** much more. You`re a bloody idiot who doesn`t even know when to let go of a losing arguement because you believe the **** you write.

I

To make mention that i do like rugby, which is also not traditionally an "American" sport. Why does everything seem to bother you so much? Even a little light ribbing seems to get deep under your skin. I make a light joke about soccer and you take it way too seriously. And that was in response to someone else's joke asking what soccer was. Lighten up, eh?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Light ribbing ? You have just come across as a complete **** all pissing day. I`m suspecting we`ve crossed swords before, but you`ve come back under a new name because so many people had you blocked, you couldn`t talk your **** much more. You`re a bloody idiot who doesn`t even know when to let go of a losing arguement because you believe the **** you write.

Tread lightly.

I have a damn good reason why I'm using a new name now and the mods are completely aware if it, and you couldn't be more off base as to the reason, which is none of your business. If you have a problem with it, take it up with Rob.

And you're the LAST person who should be criticizing anyone's behavior. Did I call you any childish names? No, you did that.

YOU are the one who took an obvious joke and started a fight over it. You're not even the one I was joking with, but you couldn't resist the urge to instigate a fight. Sorry, I'm not biting.

OTOH, packerfan71 responded in a much more appropriate manner because he recognized we were kidding with each other. Why you take everything so personally is beyond me.

Last edited:

Staff online

Latest posts