EPL and British Football

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
The Glazer's vetoed a player transfer to Everton because they felt Everton is going to be a rival for the top 4. Ok. Everton can take that as a compliment.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'll actually get to watch Everton on TV today. I'm so stoked! I wear their shirts about 3 to 4 days a week and get the funniest looks from other footy fans.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yoooo, I didnt even know we had a forum about the EPL. I have been a gunner over the last 10 years, but while my interest and passion about the NFL has increased over the past 6 years, my passion for the EPL has followed a somewhat inverse trend. To be fair, it hasn't helped that Arsenal has had somewhat of the same strategy as the Packers: Do NOT spend any money and overly rely on their own young players. It's been encouracing to see both franchises completely changing this approach.

So is this the year my beloved Arsenal is gonna lift the EPL once again?

EDIT: Sorry I did not read the previous 160 pages to see if a similar question was raised up.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yoooo, I didnt even know we had a forum about the EPL. I have been a gunner over the last 10 years, but while my interest and passion about the NFL has increased over the past 6 years, my passion for the EPL has followed a somewhat inverse trend. To be fair, it hasn't helped that Arsenal has had somewhat of the same strategy as the Packers: Do NOT spend any money and overly rely on their own young players. It's been encouracing to see both franchises completely changing this approach.

EDIT: Sorry I did not read the previous 160 pages to see if a similar question was raised up.

No

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

Welcome to the football... errrrr Soccer forums.

Sorry, but I think Arsenal have zero chance of claiming the title this year. Pepe was a great pickup but it wasn't enough.

The midfield is lacking some skill, and I think the defense needs time to get better. David Luiz was just a bad pickup. He's past his prime.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
You know what I love about this time of the year in the EPL? Everton fans have a week or two to bask in the team running in the top 6. :roflmao:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
You know what I love about this time of the year in the EPL? Everton fans have a week or two to bask in the team running in the top 6. :roflmao:

That's a likely outcome considering the toughest opponent you've played so far is Crystal Palace. Get all the points while you can because starting at the end of November, you have 5 games in a row against Leicester, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United, and Arsenal. That's going to be tough.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
They certainly have a lot of talent. But I'm not sure the Coach has it all together. Silva looks like a middle of the pack kind of coach.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Well Man City avoided the UEFA Europe competition ban. Might as well just say that FFP doesn't even exist. I think the rules for FFP will change or a new system needs to be developed and use something similar to the American Football Salary Cap. It works well and provides parity.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
This is the time of the year I enjoy in the EPL. It seems the beginning of the year is always a good time to say; "Everton". LOL

Members online

Latest posts