EPL and British Football

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lucky young man Mr Vaart.;)

The money paid these days is beyond ridiculous anyway, in real life terms i would not pay £1M for even football giants like Zidane and Maradonna. Nevermind a youngster like Schurrle.

Mmmmm Seems the Blues are developing a Spanish colony a right back from Marseille
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19366944

Check this out is this a peculiarly Scottish thing or do other countries have the same problem? ie your best Striker who refuses to play for the national side because his little ego took a hit somewhere. Very puzzled by it all, spoiled brat players or useless coaches? I cant make up my mind as its not the first time its happened.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19363561

Cesar Azpilicueta :eek:
PackerFan71, I must admit that I never heard of him before, did you know him before?:confused:
Do you remember Bernd Schuster, he played for Real and Barca ?
He refuses to play for Germany as well, I think he was the best midfield player Germany had in
the 80's.
But it's a shame for both sides, Fletcher and Levin.
I would be proud to play for my country, all these spoiled and selfish idiots are disgusting.:mad:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Cesar Azpilicueta :eek:
PackerFan71, I must admit that I never heard of him before, did you know him before?:confused:
Do you remember Bernd Schuster, he played for Real and Barca ?
He refuses to play for Germany as well, I think he was the best midfield player Germany had in
the 80's.
But it's a shame for both sides, Fletcher and Levin.
I would be proud to play for my country, all these spoiled and selfish idiots are disgusting.:mad:

Nope like you i have no idea about him.

Indeed i remember Schuster, he was a very good player again big ego shame what a waste for Germany though.

Duncan Ferguson, Richard Gough, in the past and now Steven Fletcher has refused.
Darren Fletcher is ill he has a medical condition, yet he wants to be involved brilliant. His namesake is stupid for acting like a spoiled child. Levin isnt a top manager and i dont rate him but he should at least make an attempt to make peace. There is no greater Honour than playing for your country, pity some of those players dont seem to care about that.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Wow! West Ham is getting their butts handed to them on a platter from Swansea.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Im pleased for Swansea's coach Laudrup, he was a world class player seems its rubbing off on his little team.

Ross County get historic first win 1-0 in the SPL 4th in the league Happy Days!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I have to say as an Englishman, but not really a follower of any EPL team, (my old man never really forgave me for turning my back on his beloved Liverpool....lol), what annoys me about the English players is there apparent lack of interest and patriotism when playing at International level. I watch the American sportsmen, and I`ve been privaledged to visit Lambeau field, and the stand or stood with thier hands over thier hearts singing the national anthem with great pride, which is so obvious !! Give me American football and sportsmen anytime. IMHO

Nice post never saw it before, i agree with you about the UK international players alot of them couldnt care less about playing for their countries. Be they Scots English or whoever else dont deserve the privallege to wear the jersey.

The Olympics for me showed the difference between the spoiled brat overpaid footballers, and for the most part the polite well spoken hardworking Olympians. The start of the Football season didn't really mean much for me at at all.

Lucky you, a Lambeau Field visit is high on my list of to do's. And the US footballers that played in the Premiership like Friedel and Donovan are just class acts as Pros.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chelsea 2:0 and on top of the League, great start into the season.
Did you watch, PackerFan 71 ?
I could only read some match reports and they all say that Chelsea played very well, especially Torres and Hazard.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Chelsea 2:0 and on top of the League, great start into the season.
Did you watch, PackerFan 71 ?
I could only read some match reports and they all say that Chelsea played very well, especially Torres and Hazard.

Yep a decent start for the season early days though, i saw the match highlights alot of the (oldguard) were not playing. The style of play is more attack minded in comparison to last season, which is good to see. Although as i said before the defence needs a bit of work. Hazard reminds me of a younger Arjen Robben (almost unplayable at times.) Torres seems to be more confident and he combined well with Hazard also, and was involved in both goals. Looking good so far providing they avoid injury and loss of form. Need another forward before the deadline.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I watched Liverpool and Man City. Couldn't believe how Liverpool simply handed them the equalizer.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep a decent start for the season early days though, i saw the match highlights alot of the (oldguard) were not playing. The style of play is more attack minded in comparison to last season, which is good to see. Although as i said before the defence needs a bit of work. Hazard reminds me of a younger Arjen Robben (almost unplayable at times.) Torres seems to be more confident and he combined well with Hazard also, and was involved in both goals. Looking good so far providing they avoid injury and loss of form. Need another forward
That's what I read too, I hope I will find some more videos on youtube to get more impressions of the new "Chelsea style."
Can't watch Premiere League on Sky because I didn't subscribe for the international football channel. :rolleyes:
I hope like Robben without diving ?! ;)
Chelsea needs another forward....man, I wish we 'd have Chelsea's problems :rolleyes::D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
That's what I read too, I hope I will find some more videos on youtube to get more impressions of the new "Chelsea style."
Can't watch Premiere League on Sky because I didn't subscribe for the international football channel. :rolleyes:
I hope like Robben without diving ?! ;)
Chelsea needs another forward....man, I wish we 'd have Chelsea's problems :rolleyes::D

Well so far he hasn't had time to dive as hes been marked so tightly.

I fear we will become a one man team, Torres needs quality backup. If he gets injured who you gonna call...............Daniel Sturridge?;)(sic)

Modric is away to Real for £30m, hes dodged a bullet all the quality is leaving Tottenham because AVBs about. Van d Vaart next out next likely, homeward bound hopefully.:tup:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well so far he hasn't had time to dive as hes been marked so tightly.

I fear we will become a one man team, Torres needs quality backup. If he gets injured who you gonna call...............Dean Sturridge?;)

Modric is away to Real for £30m, hes dodged a bullet all the quality is leaving Tottenham because AVBs about. Van d Vaart next out next likely, homeward bound hopefully.:tup:

Why not giving him a chance ?! :eek::D
O.K., Chelsea needs another forward but why didn't they just keep Drogba ?
AVB is an idiot if he lets Modric and vdV go but I desperately hope that vdVaart finds his way back to Hamburg.
But I still have doubts that we can pay him, without the help of Kuehne we won't have any chance.
A few minutes ago I read that Zenith st. Petersburg is also interested :mad:
But I don't think that his wife wants to move to Russia, she has a TV career here in Germany.

Off topic, today my tickets have arrived.....yuhuuuuuuu :)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Why not giving him a chance ?! :eek::D
O.K., Chelsea needs another forward but why didn't they just keep Drogba ?
AVB is an idiot if he lets Modric and vdV go but I desperately hope that vdVaart finds his way back to Hamburg.
But I still have doubts that we can pay him, without the help of Kuehne we won't have any chance.
A few minutes ago I read that Zenith st. Petersburg is also interested :mad:
But I don't think that his wife wants to move to Russia, she has a TV career here in Germany.

Off topic, today my tickets have arrived.....yuhuuuuuuu :)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

In all fairness to Sturridge he would be top dog at a lesser club (Man City) jk, but i think he will always be a benchwarmer at CFC. Drogba had plenty faults, love him or loath him was a good servant but not getting any younger. In 2008 CLF he got sent off before the penalties, he was due to take the last game winning one that a certain other player missed. He won everything he wanted to that was completed after the 2012 CLF. He would have stayed on for another year if we lost for one more go. leaving on a high note was the right thing to do.

Russia.......i cant see Vaarts wife likeing that one.:cautious:

Ha really cool, (Coats for Kids) love it, were the tickets easy enough to get hold of? post up some pics when you get back.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
In all fairness to Sturridge he would be top dog at a lesser club (Man City) jk, but i think he will always be a benchwarmer at CFC. Drogba had plenty faults, love him or loath him was a good servant but not getting any younger. In 2008 CLF he got sent off before the penalties, he was due to take the last game winning one that a certain other player missed. He won everything he wanted to that was completed after the 2012 CLF. He would have stayed on for another year if we lost for one more go. leaving on a high note was the right thing to do.

Russia.......i cant see Vaarts wife likeing that one.:cautious:

Ha really cool, (Coats for Kids) love it, were the tickets easy enough to get hold of? post up some pics when you get back.

Send him to Hamburg , we need another forward and he's good enough for us ;)
Yeah, wise decision of Drogba to leave, better leaving now than beeing benched one day because you are not good enough anymore.
I really liked his style of playing football, great player !
No problem to find tickets, but prices are quite expensive, face value is 80 USD, I paid roundabout 200 USD....:confused:
Pictures will be posted here, can't wait to be back in Green Bay for a game @ Lambeau Field, last year I watched Packers playing the Broncos. I am really grateful that my wife supports my crazy love for HSV and the Packers. :cool::D
On the way from Boston to Green Bay I am planning to visit the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, I read that it's quite interesting too.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Send him to Hamburg , we need another forward and he's good enough for us ;)
Yeah, wise decision of Drogba to leave, better leaving now than beeing benched one day because you are not good enough anymore.
I really liked his style of playing football, great player !
No problem to find tickets, but prices are quite expensive, face value is 80 USD, I paid roundabout 200 USD....:confused:
Pictures will be posted here, can't wait to be back in Green Bay for a game @ Lambeau Field, last year I watched Packers playing the Broncos. I am really grateful that my wife supports my crazy love for HSV and the Packers. :cool::D
On the way from Boston to Green Bay I am planning to visit the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, I read that it's quite interesting too.

Sure id happily arrange that for you, only tell the billionaire to get a move on. Liverpool are sniffing around him also. Although there is no way id be happy selling him to them.
Interesting you hear stories that tickets are (like hens teeth) ie very rare, or is that season tickets? Exactly i did a $-£ conversion i was like Wow!:eek: nevermind its not a thing your doing often so its worth it.
That would help a great deal i imagine, half the battle eh?;)
What about accomodation is it reasonable?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
[quote="PackerFan71, post: 459798, member: 6273"]Sure id happily arrange that for you, only tell the billionaire to get a move on. Liverpool are sniffing around him also. Although there is no way id be happy selling him to them.
Interesting you hear stories that tickets are (like hens teeth) ie very rare, or is that season tickets? Exactly i did a $-£ conversion i was like Wow!:eek: nevermind its not a thing your doing often so its worth it.
That would help a great deal i imagine, half the battle eh?;)
What about accomodation is it reasonable?[/quote]

Well, too many people know that there is a billionaire who is willing to help us with money. :rolleyes:
As soon as Daniel Levy heard of it he increased his demand from 12 to 18 m € :mad:
But it looks like van der Vaart and HSV have agreed on a 3-year contract, so everything depends on Levy and if he wants to negotiate in a serious manner.
There are lot of tickets at stubhub or ticketmaster (official NFL partner), I guess these are season tickets.
I can do the same with my HSV season tickets, when I can't go to a game I can sell my seats for this single game.
I do this everytime when I am on vacation on the offical HSV ticket exchange.
Guess it works similar here.
So buying you seats when you want to watch a Packer game @ Lambeau Field isn't the problem as long as you are willing to pay for it.
Accomodation in Green Bay on game days/game weekends is a problem.
Last year we booked a hotel in Oshkosh, this year we are staying in Appleton.
During the week, when there is no game, you can stay at Cambria Suites for roundabout 100 USD, on game weekends they want 300 USD/night.
Some even require a minimum stay of 2 nights.
So that's why we decided to stay in Appleton for less than half per night.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
[quote="PackerFan71, post: 459798, member: 6273"

Well, too many people know that there is a billionaire who is willing to help us with money. :rolleyes:
As soon as Daniel Levy heard of it he increased his demand from 12 to 18 m € :mad:
But it looks like van der Vaart and HSV have agreed on a 3-year contract, so everything depends on Levy and if he wants to negotiate in a serious manner.
There are lot of tickets at stubhub or ticketmaster (official NFL partner), I guess these are season tickets.
I can do the same with my HSV season tickets, when I can't go to a game I can sell my seats for this single game.
I do this everytime when I am on vacation on the offical HSV ticket exchange.
Guess it works similar here.
So buying you seats when you want to watch a Packer game @ Lambeau Field isn't the problem as long as you are willing to pay for it.
Accomodation in Green Bay on game days/game weekends is a problem.
Last year we booked a hotel in Oshkosh, this year we are staying in Appleton.
During the week, when there is no game, you can stay at Cambria Suites for roundabout 100 USD, on game week

Well if im honest i didnt even think it would even get as far as negoitiations for Vaart. Thats cool i hope a deal is worked out, it should be he needs the money for AVBs waste of time player search.

This seems to be a good system providing you can stump up the lolly$$$$$

I think if and when i ever reach Lambeau it will be non game, pictures and a tour of the stadium only. But what the hey that would be better than nothing.:)

Theo Walcott looks to be staying at Arsenal after talks, quite suprising really i thought he was far too old for Wenger. At 23 years old he should be in a old folks home quite clearly.:rolleyes:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/theo-walcott-staying-at-arsenal-arsene-1286715

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if im honest i didnt even think it would even get as far as negoitiations for Vaart. Thats cool i hope a deal is worked out, it should be he needs the money for AVBs waste of time player search.

This seems to be a good system providing you can stump up the lolly$$$$$

I think if and when i ever reach Lambeau it will be non game, pictures and a tour of the stadium only. But what the hey that would be better than nothing.:)

Theo Walcott looks to be staying at Arsenal after talks, quite suprising really i thought he was far too old for Wenger. At 23 years old he should be in a old folks home quite clearly.:rolleyes:

Yeah, most of us thought it's impossible but now there's a real chance.
Rafael v.d.Vaart even agreed to a reduced salary, I think it helps that his wife also prefers to return to Hamburg. ;)

I hope you can do it one day, it's an awesome experience.
Stadium tour is very interesting and don't forget the Packers HOF, you will love it !

PackerFan71, it seems as if you don't like Wenger....hmmmm?! :sneaky::D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yeah, most of us thought it's impossible but now there's a real chance.
Rafael v.d.Vaart even agreed to a reduced salary, I think it helps that his wife also prefers to return to Hamburg. ;)

I hope you can do it one day, it's an awesome experience.
Stadium tour is very interesting and don't forget the Packers HOF, you will love it !

PackerFan71, it seems as if you don't like Wenger....hmmmm?! :sneaky::D

Id be really happy for HSV if it went through, they need a little bit of good news after last season.

Will be smiling all day long, got to do it one day deffo.:tup:

You'd be suprised,:eek: its only since they became inept that ive gone against Wenger. As a Chelsea fan i should be delighted, and its only because of how amazing he was before. But now his decision making in the transfer market and double talk after games is getting counter productive and old. Blatant penalty claim from the opposition what did you think Arsene?...''i didnt see it.'' Its almost like hes managing a 3rd division French team, quite surreal.:cautious:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Id be really happy for HSV if it went through, they need a little bit of good news after last season.

Will be smiling all day long, got to do it one day deffo.:tup:

You'd be suprised,:eek: its only since they became inept that ive gone against Wenger. As a Chelsea fan i should be delighted, and its only because of how amazing he was before. But now his decision making in the transfer market and double talk after games is getting counter productive and old. Blatant penalty claim from the opposition what did you think Arsene?...''i didnt see it.'' Its almost like hes managing a 3rd division French team, quite surreal.:cautious:

It has to be dramatic.....tomorrow will be an exciting Friday....:rolleyes::D
Maybe it's time for him to retire because his time is over ? I loved the football Arsenal played in his early years with players like Pires, Henry, Veira, Ljungberg....
How old is he now ? 60 ? But on the other hand - Sir Alex is 71 and still one of the best....

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
It has to be dramatic.....tomorrow will be an exciting Friday....:rolleyes::D
Maybe it's time for him to retire because his time is over ? I loved the football Arsenal played in his early years with players like Pires, Henry, Veira, Ljungberg....
How old is he now ? 60 ? But on the other hand - Sir Alex is 71 and still one of the best....

Make it Happen!:)
Its almost like hes an old relative in terminal decline, i dont want to be too heavy on him as his football style was fantastic when he was ontop of his game. It probly is time for him to put his feet up and coach a youth team in rural France. Sir Alex is a different league to anyone, i hope he is coaching until he keels over. (Just to keep his wife sane.);)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Make it Happen!:)
Its almost like hes an old relative in terminal decline, i dont want to be too heavy on him as his football style was fantastic when he was ontop of his game. It probly is time for him to put his feet up and coach a youth team in rural France. Sir Alex is a different league to anyone, i hope he is coaching until he keels over. (Just to keep his wife sane.);)

Ha......the server of the HSV supporters forum went down at 10.15 and I Knew the deal is done, that's great ! :)
Sir Alex is a legend, is there any other football manager who has won more titles ? I don't know....

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Members online

Latest posts