End of the Saga?!

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
COMPLETELY HYPOTHETICAL

How many people would like this...

Minny's roof collapsed, their team is in shackles and the Packers are playing catch up with an overrated Bears team that leads the NFC North.

Instead of playing in UofM, they play at Lambeau! Favre miraculously becomes better and iron man's it out for one last game against one of his greatest rivals in front of Bear, Viking, and Packer fans alike. Favre beats the bears in a stunning upset, to the cheers of both viking and Packer fans. He then announces his OFFICIAL retirement and announces he.. at least LIKED playing for Green Bay at the end (an apology for being a DB would be better...)

I would then dismiss his entire satire of a career in minny.

You?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Honestly if they held that game at Lambeau it'd be the only chance Favre has to get cheered at Lambeau in the near future.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
This may come to pass. They are already starting reports that U of M may ready/ may not be ready, I was posting that in one of the news bot threads. If Favre beat the Bears at Lambeau Field, I'd be happy (for the Packers) but not yet ready to forget all that went down.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy on the local radio here said he kept hearing Indianapolis. Or Atlanta, which makes no sense to me.

I'm not sure why they don't use Detroit again. They're playing in Tampa this week.

Because that would be logical and would make sense and we are talking about the Vikings, LOL!

It does seem illogical to foot the bill to de-winterize a stadium and winterize it again when you are done when you have other stadiums at the ready. Detroit at least would be neutral. They would hate both teams equally.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I would load my rifle if the vikings played a home game at lambeau
The Packers organization had better fight with everything they've got to prevent the Vikings from being the home team at Lambeau. Seriously, that's sacrilege.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bomb threat?

actually I would be worried about them trying to plant listening devices. They are like the poor mans patriots when it comes to cheating.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikes are out of playoff contention.
They compete with the Pack and know the situation.
And we know that Fail went to the Vikes to get revenge on TT and MM.
He was booed at Lambeau. Twice.
So why the heck would he even think about helping out the Packers and the fans?
I would expect that BrINT would actually throw INTs to Bears defenders on purpose to help them win so that he could stick it to the Pack one more time.
And would fans really want to cheer him on? Maybe some golf claps.

I know your scenerio is hypothetical.
But it's just too implausable for me to see it happening the magical way you describe.

At this point the Vikings don't have anything to lose.
So I don't really expect much effort from them against Da Bears Mon. night.

OP
OP
3irty1

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
hmmm... good point. I forgot that it would be a Minny home game. I kinda just thought of it as a neutral game. I suppose I'd rather keep Lambeau pure than give the traitor a chance at redemption...

TO DETROIT! where ****** teams meet a ****** city!

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I can see Minny playing their azzes off to be a spoiler, but I can't stomach the thought of them as a "home" team in Lambeau. I'd seek therapy for sure.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
COMPLETELY HYPOTHETICAL

How many people would like this...

Minny's roof collapsed, their team is in shackles and the Packers are playing catch up with an overrated Bears team that leads the NFC North.

Instead of playing in UofM, they play at Lambeau! Favre miraculously becomes better and iron man's it out for one last game against one of his greatest rivals in front of Bear, Viking, and Packer fans alike. Favre beats the bears in a stunning upset, to the cheers of both viking and Packer fans. He then announces his OFFICIAL retirement and announces he.. at least LIKED playing for Green Bay at the end (an apology for being a DB would be better...)

I would then dismiss his entire satire of a career in minny.

You?

were you the Packer Fan that called in Wednesday night on SIRIUS NFL RADIO asking Tim Ryan & Pat Kirwin the same question?

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Lambeau is home to no one but the Green Bay Packers!!!!

Plus its not a dome, so a certain someones arthritis might flare up.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Miller would be fine, but im pretty sure its winterized at the moment and I dont think they would open it for a Vikings-Bears matchup

OP
OP
3irty1

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
were you the Packer Fan that called in Wednesday night on SIRIUS NFL RADIO asking Tim Ryan & Pat Kirwin the same question?

heh, no i was not. I guess its not an original idea then?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two schools of thought-

1) The Vikings organization knows there's a lot of Bears fans in the surrounding areas and don't want to lose out on home field advantage any more than they already have. As such, they're advocating moving the game to Atlanta.

2) ESPN will be in Atlanta for MNF next week anyway, so they're also pushing Atlanta this week as it makes sense for them and allows them to avoid having to pack up and move out for a week.

As for using Lambeau- Hell now. The Vikings shouldn't be allowed to be the home team on our turf and the Bears shouldn't be allowed to potentially celebrate a division championship on our turf.

Members online

Latest posts