Elvis Dummervil

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, Dumerville's re-negotiated contracted was worth around $8 Million per year. I imagine that's the starting point for any new deal he signs.

H

HardRightEdge

For example, if a player signs a 5 year deal that includes a $10M signing bonus, the team can break the cap hit up into 5 $2M segments.

Right except for one thing...it is not "can break it up". It is "must break it up".

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No they couldnt work it out so they released him. Guess we can sit back and watch someone else in the NFC sign him like Chicago or Detroit.
I hope you realize that that's a good thing because building a team through free agency DOES'NT WORK. A player here or there maybe, but whole components of the team. We'll see how Perry plays coming back and hopefully we'll draft a big ugly on the DL and see if they're any good before we pay them huge piles of cash.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I hope you realize that that's a good thing because building a team through free agency DOES'NT WORK. A player here or there maybe, but whole components of the team. We'll see how Perry plays coming back and hopefully we'll draft a big ugly on the DL and see if they're any good before we pay them huge piles of cash.
Unfortunately this year you have big and you have ugly. Both just aint in the cards

The_Virus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I can tell, TT wont be signing anyone one and they shouldnt based on some folks wanting him to. Im interested on how the Draft will unfold now since I think the interest FA s pretty much done. Seems like Jackson and Jennings were the guys TT had some moderate interest in and that was it.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I can tell, TT wont be signing anyone one and they shouldnt based on some folks wanting him to. Im interested on how the Draft will unfold now since I think the interest FA s pretty much done. Seems like Jackson and Jennings were the guys TT had some moderate interest in and that was it.
Difficult to keep up with everyone drafting at end of every round...especially when you consider our rw fusal to utilize free agency as a means to get better.

Ted needs to hit home runs every year in the draft or we're in trouble because he doesn't have a plan B.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So who's the next name up for useless speculation?

I get it...it's that time of year, that's what's going on in the NFL. If you're not talking about that, there's not much else to talk about. I just prefer to keep things realistic. Speculating about things like trading for Revis for example, is something purely fantasy that has a 0% chance of happening. Guess not everyone feels that way.

If this were one year earlier, I'd actually hope we give Dumervill some serious consideration and looks. But doing it now pretty much puts your most recent 1st round draft pick out of a job. They aren't going to do that yet.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about Brandon Lloyd? He's slow, he'll be 32, and he'll be cheap.

He would be our 5th option in the passing offense. I feel that spot should be assigned to a young guy, not a post 30 player. We draft and develop, that would hurt the development aspect for a young player.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Difficult to keep up with everyone drafting at end of every round...especially when you consider our rw fusal to utilize free agency as a means to get better.

Ted needs to hit home runs every year in the draft or we're in trouble because he doesn't have a plan B.

Really? Bc I feel the teams at the top of the draft have been there for awhile and for the past 8 years we have been competing against the teams you consistently see at the bottom of the draft.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So who's the next name up for useless speculation?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Also, Dumerville's re-negotiated contracted was worth around $8 Million per year. I imagine that's the starting point for any new deal he signs.
Still a lot less than what Jennings would have cost us. And Doom is younger :)

H

HardRightEdge

He would be our 5th option in the passing offense. I feel that spot should be assigned to a young guy, not a post 30 player. We draft and develop, that would hurt the development aspect for a young player.

I thought the "he's slow and 32" was a giveaway. I was joking.

It's pointless to talk about starting quality players. We might as well talk about the ones we don't like that TT can afford. Keep in mind such players must have some name recognition to generate some discussion.

H

HardRightEdge

Excellent choice for a pointless exercise! Love the last pic.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the "he's slow and 32" was a giveaway. I was joking.

It's pointless to talk about starting quality players. We might as well talk about the ones we don't like that TT can afford. Keep in mind such players must have some name recognition to generate some discussion.

Sorry. It's hard to tell around here sometimes.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
We need to all accept that we're not signing anybody and if we do happen to show interest in any player, that player will sign with another team.

I really wish that wasn't the case. We have a lot of holes we need to fill and a lot of those holes simply cannot be filled by rookies.

Free Agency is something that we as fans need to stop looking at and thinking about the Philadelphia Eagles building a dream team. There is value in a lot of players that are and were out there on the market. It's about finding a player that fits and that will be relatively inexpensive, but at the same time, I feel like at lot of the players we end up talking to, are getting pennies thrown at them. I think we should be less stingy and slightly more accommodating.

The Patriots have done just as well if not better than us since we won the SB and they dabble quite a bit.

IDK, I'm not an expert, but all I know is we have lost some key players and are sucking hard in other areas and we can't solve ALL our problems through the draft. That's what Free Agency is there for.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to all accept that we're not signing anybody and if we do happen to show interest in any player, that player will sign with another team.

I really wish that wasn't the case. We have a lot of holes we need to fill and a lot of those holes simply cannot be filled by rookies.
FACT OF THE DECADE

H

HardRightEdge

Free Agency is something that we as fans need to stop looking at and thinking about the Philadelphia Eagles building a dream team. There is value in a lot of players that are and were out there on the market. It's about finding a player that fits and that will be relatively inexpensive, but at the same time, I feel like at lot of the players we end up talking to, are getting pennies thrown at them. I think we should be less stingy and slightly more accommodating.

The Patriots have done just as well if not better than us since we won the SB and they dabble quite a bit.

IDK, I'm not an expert, but all I know is we have lost some key players and are sucking hard in other areas and we can't solve ALL our problems through the draft. That's what Free Agency is there for.

Many of us think there is a vast middle between the high priced FAs and nothing/nada/zip where a reasonably priced starter or some depth could be procured.