Eddie Lacy: "I don't know what is hindering my play."

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
everyone keeps saying it, but he doesn't look any different to me than he always has physically

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking a loss of confidence has been a factor in his decline.
it's something that's for sure. Not sure what factor the injuries had, i thought he was back after is 2nd run against Denver, but he never got a chance to get in the groove and now is injured again? Then that fumble last week, something is going on.

But he's always been a bit of a slow starter and I think if he's mostly healthy and he gets fed the ball, he'll see things better and be more effective. But to be fair, the whole team seems to be suffering from a case of "WTF is going on" right now

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He isnt fat... Jezzz people

Look at his pic from getting off the plane in Carolina

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't look much at all- if any- different from when he was rippin' it up.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with everyone else. He doesn't look different. He looks the same to me, its just that his production has slipped. I'm thinking its all up stairs and its a mental thing.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree it may be mental too. I wonder if subliminally it has something to do with the hit he took when he suffered the concussion last year I believe it was.

OP
OP
Brandon

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's definitely larger, and not in the "he's hitting those weights hard aspect", and with media addressing McCarthy directly about the weight change it's obviously more than just speculation. The claim is he's gained 11 pounds since rookie training camp, but looks more like 20 pounds to me. At any rate he just looks slower on the field, and I'd rather him return to form than looking like Mike Tolbert a few years from now.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Give some discredit to where it is also "deserved", the O-line. Neither Starks or Lacy are going to get many yards when they are greeted at the line of scrimmage by 2 defenders. Give them some holes to run through and this will be a different conversation. I will say, lately Starks is the better back at recognizing when he needs to bounce out and around.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
To me this is a lot like the conversation of blaming our WR's and AR for the lack of a passing attack, when in reality our O-Line is self admittedly sucking as of late. This presents a big challenge to MM and Clements, do you wait for the O-line to improve or do you rescheme your play calling to make up for a weak O-line? We also don't have anyone on the bench that IMO is an upgrade.

For whatever reasons, the O-line that was the least of anyone's concerns coming into the season is now an issue. Even if they improve a bit, I find it hard to imagine TT isn't going heavy on the O-line in the draft.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahhh, those are fat jeans. I've had them myself! :D

Seriously, it's a confidence issue that the entire team is dealing with....all sides of the ball including Rodgers. Maybe McCarthy needs a team bowling night or they need to do a little bull-in-the-ring. He'll figure it out but the question will be how soon.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'd opt for Paint Ball.....they may learn to "reconnect" with each other (pictures Ha Ha hunting down JP as he hides behind BJ).

Last edited:

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its the oline more than anything. They are sucking it up. Starks is doing better because he is faster and can bounce outside when there is noting there. If lacy had a little more room to get going that is when he is a beast and hard to bring down.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Its the oline more than anything. They are sucking it up. Starks is doing better because he is faster and can bounce outside when there is noting there. If lacy had a little more room to get going that is when he is a beast and hard to bring down.

As I said above, I agree with you on the O-line being the bigger issue. But believe it or not, if you go by their 40 times, Lacy is faster (4.44) then Starks (4.5). Obviously, that is their 40 time, with no pads, right out of college, no big macs, etc. :coffee:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think some people are mistaking this guy in the Charlotte hotel pool for Eddie!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't know, next thing we are going to hear is that Aaron has put on weight. He looks as fit as he did his rookie year :coffee:

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts