Eddie Lacy: "I don't know what is hindering my play."

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He definatley looks a bit fatter, don't know how people can't see that. Even my gf who watches the games with me said something about his weight this year. For her to notice means it must be pretty apparent since she's never mentioned his weight prior to this yr. Not sayin that's what's effecting his play, but he's most definatley added a few LBs obviously

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I said above, I agree with you on the O-line being the bigger issue. But believe it or not, if you go by their 40 times, Lacy is faster (4.44) then Starks (4.5). Obviously, that is their 40 time, with no pads, right out of college, no big macs, etc. :coffee:
When on earth did Lacy run a 4.4? You must be comparing his "pro day" time or something else, which is always lower. I'm sure Starks has run in the lower 4.4 range before as well. He had a faster official time at the combine than Lacy, which was in the upper 4.5 range.

They did that "MPH" gimmick thing on Starks on one of his long TD runs, and they measured him at 21, which is crazy considering that comes out to like a 40 time of 4.0 flat.

G

GhostofCurly

When on earth did Lacy run a 4.4? You must be comparing his "pro day" time or something else, which is always lower. I'm sure Starks has run in the lower 4.4 range before as well. He had a faster official time at the combine than Lacy, which was in the upper 4.5 range.

They did that "MPH" gimmick thing on Starks on one of his long TD runs, and they measured him at 21, which is crazy considering that comes out to like a 40 time of 4.0 flat.
Does that just measure top speed and not average speed?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
When on earth did Lacy run a 4.4? You must be comparing his "pro day" time or something else, which is always lower.

1. Eddie Lacy
    Born: June 2, 1990 (age 25), Gretna, LA
    Weight: 229 lbs
    40 yard dash time: 4.44 seconds
    Height: 5' 11"
His combine time was higher, 4.57, maybe he grabbed a burger before it?

Personally, I don't put a lot of stock in any of those numbers as long as they are within an acceptable range. I doubt there is a player that has been in the league a few years that is running at the same speed (faster or slower) that they did at the combine. To me, its what you do on the field.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4.44?
Maybe we could play Eddie at Corner
Or receiver, so we won't be in last place on ESPN as having the slowest receivers.
  1. Eddie Lacy
    Born: June 2, 1990 (age 25), Gretna, LA
    Weight: 229 lbs
    40 yard dash time: 4.44 seconds
    Height: 5' 11"
His combine time was higher, 4.57, maybe he grabbed a burger before it?

Personally, I don't put a lot of stock in any of those numbers as long as they are within an acceptable range. I doubt there is a player that has been in the league a few years that is running at the same speed (faster or slower) that they did at the combine. To me, its what you do on the field.
I wouldn't completely ignore some of these 40 times outside the combine, but I think it's no coincidence that they are always better. Either way, that speed is fine for his size and build. And Janis ran a 4.3 then a 4.42 at the combine, so that kind of difference isn't rare.

I think Starks is more explosive, and Lacy shows more patience. I think Starks just flat outruns his blocking in some cases, but he's an exceptional athlete.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy has lost his focus. He just needs to regain lost confidence

lacy does a great job reading and setting up his blocks, but when the blocks aren't there or sustained he doesn't have the explosiveness to make up for it. Not sure if he's playing worse or if its the Oline sucking.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've wondered how much he really cares about football, tbh. Not saying that's the problem, but I've wondered. When I saw his rookie interview and he was just talking about wanting to hang out by himself and play video games and read comic books all day, I was like "yep... there's a football mentality right there.... eh."

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've wondered how much he really cares about football, tbh. Not saying that's the problem, but I've wondered. When I saw his rookie interview and he was just talking about wanting to hang out by himself and play video games and read comic books all day, I was like "yep... there's a football mentality right there.... eh."

I'm not going to lie, I've "wondered" this myself.

I remember in that E60 or whatever it was on him mentioning that when Katrina hit, a fire was lit under him. He hated seeing his family in that situation and he wanted to get them out, and that way out was football. Well, he got them out, he bought them a dream house recently, so that "dream" or "goal" was realized.

I'm not saying this is his one and only drive in football, and all he wants out of the game because frankly I don't know Eddie Lacy, so I won't pretend to. I could be totally off base with this thinking, but to me, he comes across as seeming "uninterested" at times. Even when they benched him in favor for Starks, his response seemed very much, "Eh, it is what it is. Will it get better? I dunno, we'll see... Starks is better this year, I don't blame the team...we'll see what happens..."

I like Lacy, a lot actually. And wish he could get it together, but like I said, he just seems uninterested at times.... but then again, maybe it's just his personality, maybe he's just that chill...

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to lie, I've "wondered" this myself.

I remember in that E60 or whatever it was on him mentioning that when Katrina hit, a fire was lit under him. He hated seeing his family in that situation and he wanted to get them out, and that way out was football. Well, he got them out, he bought them a dream house recently, so that "dream" or "goal" was realized.

I'm not saying this is his one and only drive in football, and all he wants out of the game because frankly I don't know Eddie Lacy, so I won't pretend to. I could be totally off base with this thinking, but to me, he comes across as seeming "uninterested" at times. Even when they benched him in favor for Starks, his response seemed very much, "Eh, it is what it is. Will it get better? I dunno, we'll see... Starks is better this year, I don't blame the team...we'll see what happens..."

I like Lacy, a lot actually. And wish he could get it together, but like I said, he just seems uninterested at times.... but then again, maybe it's just his personality, maybe he's just that chill...
I don't really see many people on this team playing with much passion. Rodgers, Cobb, and Starks seem to be the only ones willing to give it their all on every single down.

You have your natural competitors like those guys, but it's up to the coach to get the other guys to play just as hard, and I really don't see our staff being able to do that.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really see many people on this team playing with much passion. Rodgers, Cobb, and Starks seem to be the only ones willing to give it their all on every single down.

You have your natural competitors like those guys, but it's up to the coach to get the other guys to play just as hard, and I really don't see our staff being able to do that.

I totally agree with you on this. I was just singling Lacy out bc he was the topic.

To me it seems to be a "culture" issue. Has been for a while IMO. And as you said, that "culture" starts with coaching...

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally agree with you on this. I was just singling Lacy out bc he was the topic.

To me it seems to be a "culture" issue. Has been for a while IMO. And as you said, that "culture" starts with coaching...
Yeah, and I like Lacy as well. He shouldn't be so ******* himself. The offensive line sucks, they let the guy who bought them all of those gifts get hit 16 times.

D

Deleted member 6794

As I said above, I agree with you on the O-line being the bigger issue. But believe it or not, if you go by their 40 times, Lacy is faster (4.44) then Starks (4.5). Obviously, that is their 40 time, with no pads, right out of college, no big macs, etc. :coffee:

I wonder where you've got the number for Lacy from. He didn't run at the combine or Alabama's pro day because of a hamstring injury but worked out for scouts later posting 40 times of 4.57 and 4.60. According to reports he ran 4.58 and 4.62 at the Senior Bowl.

I'd like to add that I don't put too much stock into his 40 time either as he has proven to be a capable of being a great running back for the Packers. I don't know what's wrong with him this year but solely blaming it on the offensive line isn't the right approach either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would throw Clay in there.
I've always been on the fence about Matthews, but he's always been intense. My main qualms are with his missed tackles and when he was out of big games because of a thumb injury. I wish we could transfer some of his energy to the other players.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I've always been on the fence about Matthews, but he's always been intense. My main qualms are with his missed tackles and when he was out of big games because of a thumb injury. I wish we could transfer some of his energy to the other players.

Seriously?? "On the Fence about Matthews"? Really? I don't believe in giving out negative ratings to posters, since we are all entitled to our opinions, but really? How can you fault him for being out of games with his thumb injury? You might want to read this article before making such a statement.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...plex-thumb-surgery-b99318023z1-268746381.html

D

Deleted member 6794

My main qualms are with his missed tackles and when he was out of big games because of a thumb injury.

I don't understand fans questioning Matthews for not playing with a broken thump in 2013 which he re-broke several weeks after suffering the initial injury. There was absolutely no way playing through it.

I'm still disappointed he wasn't out there for the last two series of regulation during the NFCCG for whatever reason though.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Starks and Nelson were the same. Top end speed is off the charts but you don't see it in their 40. Starks never got a chance to hit top speed back a few years. Oline was pretty bad for a long time.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously?? "On the Fence about Matthews"? Really? I don't believe in giving out negative ratings to posters, since we are all entitled to our opinions, but really? How can you fault him for being out of games with his thumb injury? You might want to read this article before making such a statement.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...plex-thumb-surgery-b99318023z1-268746381.html
Because I was having to watch him on the sideline, followed by a Chunky Soup commercial where he caught the can with his injured hand.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that we are all focusing on the symptom and not the problem. Yes Lacy has gained weight. Most likely than not he got himself a girlfriend, and the relationship problems always lead to weight gain. Oh, and **** said it right...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Unfortunately it most be the entire team that's got a new girlfriend :-(

Staff online

Latest posts