Eddie Lacy: "I don't know what is hindering my play."

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Knowing this team. Now that Starks is the starter, he will get Injured and force Lacy back to start for a few games, forcing him to play better. He will rise to the occasion

Mat Bastian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking a loss of confidence has been a factor in his decline.
I think this is very much the case. You can almost feel him pushing too hard. It's like when I lose my golf swing. I start living in it and that never seems to help. It isn't until I finally just grip it and rip it that the swing comes back.

Sky King

Reaction score
Scouts questioned his passion for the game coming out of college. He readily admits that he watches cartoons in his spare time, not football. If he lacks resiliency and love of what he's doing then he is going to have a short career. How he responds to his benching is going to be interesting and telling.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've had the impression before that football is a best means to an end, and not a passion for Eddie.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't know, when he's in his groove, there aren't many that seem to run better or harder than he does. that doesn't happen by accident

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've had the impression before that football is a best means to an end, and not a passion for Eddie.
He basically said that during his rookie year when he was the guest on "Packers Live" as he was interviewed by Larry McCarren.
I remember thinking, at the time, it doesn't sound like this guy plans on being around very long.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Just wondering: Did anyone here bring up Lacy’s lack of motivation during the two previous seasons in which he ran for more than 2,300 yards (during the regular season) averaging about 4.4 ypc? BTW, he's inactive today due to a groin injury.

realist4pack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy is a shell of himself. Our o-line is over rated and Lacy can't say his weight has no affect at his health or being productive. Not sure what its going to take to motivate this guy.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Lacy is a shell of himself. Our o-line is over rated and Lacy can't say his weight has no affect at his health or being productive. Not sure what its going to take to motivate this guy.
Not to single you out but you're the last to post this idea. Did Lacy look like a shell of himself against the Vikings? Did he look fat? Did he look unmotivated?
https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWX78jpB7S0

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
OK, then, a good game and everything's fine?
Do you think he lost a lot of weight in the 10 days between the start of this thread and the Vikings game? Do you think he suddenly became motivated over those 10 days? After his first two consecutive NFL seasons of 1400+ combined yards isn’t it much more likely he’s mostly been dealing with injuries and a decline in the play of the OL? Look at those highlights - that's what we saw in 2013 and 2014, isn't it?

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
eddie looked a lot better in the Viking game then he has been earlier in the year. It seemed to me he was making cuts and finding holes.

DON BARRETT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He needs to run downhill not side to side, plus our line is not that good. Starks is a step or two faster than lacy. lacy wants to spin move you to death all the time. He needs to just run them over.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I doubt a lot of Viking fans were throwing AP under the bus (for his game performance) after a lack luster day on Sunday, or other unproductive games throughout his NFL career. Football is a team game and even the good players have off games, weeks, etc. Keep an eye on the big picture!

Reaction score
I doubt a lot of Viking fans were throwing AP under the bus (for his game performance) after a lack luster day on Sunday, or other unproductive games throughout his NFL career. Football is a team game and even the good players have off games, weeks, etc. Keep an eye on the big picture!
s
Agreed. This is especially true when your competition game plans to mitigate the stats by a particular player. I remember us holding Barry Sanders to -negative yardage in an entire half of a game in the mid 1990s. His total yardage that game was similar to AP last week at the final whistle.
In Lacys defense, a minor injury like the ankle or the groin pull can be aggravated easily and this would be a reasonable explanation for him not playing at 100%. 90% doesn't cut it in this league.
Isn't it ironic that several days before kickoff Last Sunday MM basically said he looks better now than he had in months (able to make cuts effectively etc..) then Eddie runs for 100 yard game.
"Small leaks sink big ships"

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He needs to run downhill not side to side, plus our line is not that good. Starks is a step or two faster than lacy. lacy wants to spin move you to death all the time. He needs to just run them over.
Last night on the "Mike McCarthy Show" McCarthy, when discussing Lacy's performance, said " I don't like that spin move due to ball security issues".

Members online

Latest posts