Ed Reed?

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's the offseason so why not at least talk about it. I believe he's set to become a FA if baltimore doesnt decide to keep him. What do you guys think? I know he's up there in age but if they restructure woodsons contract that could be a nice tandem for a couple years till we groom another S and it wouldnt cost a pick.. discuss

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's the offseason so why not at least talk about it. I believe he's set to become a FA if baltimore doesnt decide to keep him. What do you guys think? I know he's up there in age but if they restructure woodsons contract that could be a nice tandem for a couple years till we groom another S and it wouldnt cost a pick.. discuss

One of my favorite players but he has been declining and will want a contract based on his name and not his production. I'm against it.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
The money he'll want is not the money we're going to be willing to give him.

TBH, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Patriots sign him if he doesn't resign with the Ravens.

It would be a very nice acquisition though. He might be declining a tad physically, but instincts are something that usually don't. And his instincts and knowledge are what opposing teams fear most about him and that's why they gameplan specifically for him. His leadership qualities would be a very nice addition as well.

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of my favorite players but he has been declining and will want a contract based on his name and not his production. I'm against it.
he's not getting revis money, but i get what your saying.. i guess it all depends on what exactly he'll demand

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Not to mention, Ed reed gets fined more than any other player, we don't need that. I think we need a hard hitter, but not a head hunter who gets fined and causes us to give up a free 15 yds and free first downs.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to mention, Ed reed gets fined more than any other player, we don't need that. I think we need a hard hitter, but not a head hunter who gets fined and causes us to give up a free 15 yds and free first downs.

You sure you aren't thinking of James Harrison?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I wouldn't call him a head hunter..Now James Harrison? that's another story.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
You sure you aren't thinking of James Harrison?

nope, just google search : Ed reed fined...... and it will auto fill in the rest for you.
I wouldn't call him a head hunter..Now James Harrison? that's another story.

Nope, he has been deemed a head hunter by many articles and the fact that he has been fined to many times for illegal hits. Harrison is dirty too, they might be trying to compete, who knows.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
nope, just google search : Ed reed fined...... and it will auto fill in the rest for you.

Nope, he has been deemed a head hunter by many articles and the fact that he has been fined to many times for illegal hits. Harrison is dirty too, they might be trying to compete, who knows.
Some of those penalties were bunk. Not all of them, but some.

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Charles woodson is our version of ED Reed people.
yea and no.. in terms of age and ability, yes.. but reed's a true safety thattl free up woodson to do what he does best for his last year or two.. think about having a safety like reed back at collins spot.. its just interesting but i do believe he would cost too much

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
reed would not only cost us to much for his wants, but his age and durability have to start coming into question. Our secondary is good, and will only continue to mature and grow as a unit. The weak spot I see is Tramon, other than that, we are good to go. We don't need the drama that Reed would bring, he might not even be used to the way capers plans D, there would be problems with that dude indeed, on field and locker room.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Can you provide a link or proof that Ed Reed is the most fined player?

All I found was this and he wasnt even on the list http://bleacherreport.com/articles/957522-ndamukong-suh-and-the-4-most-fined-players-in-the-nfl

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I believe there was media talk of him being suspended but he was just fined.
Looked it up, he had 3 H2H hits in 4 seasons, But the one was all the way back in 2010. He later got another H2H. Three H2H penalties this year, at least 1 of which was bogus, and one 2 years ago. Real head hunter right there.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Looked it up, he had 3 H2H hits in 4 seasons, But the one was all the way back in 2010. He later got another H2H. Three H2H penalties this year, at least 1 of which was bogus, and one 2 years ago. Real head hunter right there.

Agree. same thing I saw.

There is too many sites talking about him and his head hunting, look it up if you want to read it.

The helmet to helmet hits are the ones that get him fined, but he has also taken guys out with low knee hits as well. He is dirty, plain and simple and also locker room trouble as he was fined for being late as well.

$50,000 for victor cruz hit
$21,000 for dion branch late late hit
another 10,000 for clocking someone else
and undisclosed fine for tardiness

= lame *** premadona

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I looked it up, he wasnt suspended this year.

He is possibly the greatest safety of all time but at this point in his career I have no interest in having him on the packers.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I looked it up, he wasnt suspended this year.

He is possibly the greatest safety of all time but at this point in his career I have no interest in having him on the packers.
Lol never actually said they suspended him did I? As you pointed out earlier, they fined him upon appeal.

Much agreed.

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heaven forbid we have a guy on defence who isn't afraid to hit someone!

I think for the money he will likely demand it wouldn't be worth it but if he comes at a pretty decent price, i would sign him in a second. He might be on the decline but he is still one of the best safeties in the game.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't have people say the team is too finesse but then complain about potential players being too aggressive.

Shouts out to Charles Martin

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO. Absolutely not. The FA frenzy has officially begun.

UGH, yeah like MD Jennings/Morgan Burnette is so much better than future HOF Ed Reed? Get over yourself. The Packers defense SUCKS and Packer fans are so prideful to admit their defense needs a legitimate change.

Members online

Latest posts