Earl Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If he would accept a 2 year extension, rather than a 4 year, I would happily flip a day 2 pick for him. My main concern is the potential of committing to a guy into his mid thirties.

D

Deleted member 6794

nobody has called him an all pro

I was obviously exaggerating when replying to Poppa's post. There have been several players on the Packers rostee that while having showed improvement during camp and preseason there weren't able to translate that success into the regular season though.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He could lose 3 steps and still improve what we have. He knows how to locate the football that in a wheelchair is a upgrade

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he would accept a 2 year extension, rather than a 4 year, I would happily flip a day 2 pick for him. My main concern is the potential of committing to a guy into his mid thirties.

Mid thirties? Who are you referring to?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Mid thirties? Who are you referring to?

Thomas. If they trade for him, they’re going to have to extend him as part of the deal. My point is that I wouldn’t want much more than a 2 year extension. I don’t want premium money committed to him into his mid thirties.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without reading much of this thread and seeing Brice screw the pooch again, Gutey needs to find a way to make this happen after missing out on Mack. Brice needs to find another line of work because he's well underqualified to be an NFL player.

Lawdog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah this safety experiment with Brice, and Ha Ha should be over. Both are just terrible. Earl Thomas will get everyone lined up correctly and groom the young guys. Time to get him if available. People are going to question me but time to bring in Eric Reid to. It's just time. Very frustrated.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thomas is gonna go to Dallas after today... unless we really get involved

D

Deleted member 6794

Without reading much of this thread and seeing Brice screw the pooch again, Gutey needs to find a way to make this happen after missing out on Mack. Brice needs to find another line of work because he's well underqualified to be an NFL player.

McCarthy backing Brice as the starter all but guarantees the Packers aren't interested in trading for Thomas.

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A) I believe if GB traded for Earl Thomas and moved HHCD to SS this season (then let him walk next year)/got Josh Jones healthy and coached up to relegate Brice to 4th S & special teams duties the defense could probably be just decent enough to allow Aaron to get us into the tourney and make another deep run. Super Bowl? Probably not until the pass rush is finally addressed in the 2019 draft. But at least we could claw and scrap to claim our division back this season.

B) Seattle will make ET play out his final year under contract and wait for a decent future comp pick unless a team is willing to give up a 1st rounder for him b4 the trade deadline. Since GB is a perennial in-conference opponent, it'd take one of the 2019 1sts and something like a 2020 4th for them to pull the trigger. They watched the Mack sweepstakes unfold and have hungry eyes. Just a 2nd rounder and a starter won't get it done. If it would have Thomas'd already be in Dallas cuz I'm sure the Cowboys already offered a 2nd + another sweetener pick or two in the late rounds and have been turned down.

C) I don't see us getting Earl Thomas, and sadly not making any major splash moves even with Mo being gone for the season.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yes he did play a few series against starters. All we can go on is the evidence before us. He was always quick with great feet. Near elite in that area. He was good with technique. He needed to work on his strength and understanding/!vision. This preseason he played with more power and feel for the game.

It's back to looking at team results in preseason for assessing individuals. If you want to know if Spriggs can play you actually have to watch him play and assess his skills and performance. That's all we have to go on at this point and definitely has improved. He is likely ahead of some starters in this league.

I hope you're still feeling great about Spriggs performance in the preseason. Unfortunately he still struggles mightily in games that count.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I hope you're still feeling great about Spriggs performance in the preseason. Unfortunately he still struggles mightily in games that count.

I saw him get wrecked a couple time right after he came in and then kind of lost track of him. Did he settle down a little bit?

D

Deleted member 6794

I saw him get wrecked a couple time right after he came in and then kind of lost track of him. Did he settle down a little bit?

In my opinion Spriggs didn't show any improvement over the past two seasons. The Packers will be in trouble if Bulaga misses any time.

James from IL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WHEN Bulaga misses time. FTFY.

Bulaga is always getting hurt! I feel like we have a small group of players that are ALWAYS hurt. Time to blame the training and rehab staff?!

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Thomas. If they trade for him, they’re going to have to extend him as part of the deal. My point is that I wouldn’t want much more than a 2 year extension. I don’t want premium money committed to him into his mid thirties.
I'm not overly knowledgeable about contracts and how the cap hits and everything works, but hopefully if the Packers gave him a 4 year deal, most if not all of the guaranteed money would be given after year 2.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like most back up tackles in the league need to be

Reaction score
Since WHEN has MM schemed around any player? He sticks them in and tries to not change a thing.
Maybe not a player,but the way MM schemed around that referee going down the sideline was impressive if not entertaining. :eek:

Eddie Rangel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of talk heating up about Earl with his 'pay me or trade me' ultimatum to Seattle. The Packers are mentioned among the possible trade partners. Would you want him and at what cost? What says the board?

The only issue I have with this is the asking price and maybe the new contract he will ask for. I’ve heard the packers being included in the Bell sweepstakes, but again I’m not sure what I’m willing to give up for a player of their caliber. I would probably choose defense over offense at this time because we just lost Wilkerson...

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion Spriggs didn't show any improvement over the past two seasons. The Packers will be in trouble if Bulaga misses any time.
Do tell, what did you see? Please provide your analysis of Spriggs' play in the game. I haven't been able to rewatch the game. I was at a party and unable to pay close attention.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Do tell, what did you see? Please provide your analysis of Spriggs' play in the game. I haven't been able to rewatch the game. I was at a party and unable to pay close attention.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Enough said.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought he was a bit overwhelmed early, then settled in. It wasn't a shut down performance, but not unlike what i see in Tackle play all over the league. I'd say his biggest issues is consistency. he needs to do the same job every play. some it looks like he's already committed to something he shouldn't be, or gets a late start on doing what he should. Then others he's dialed in and looks fine

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought he was a bit overwhelmed early, then settled in. It wasn't a shut down performance, but not unlike what i see in Tackle play all over the league. I'd say his biggest issues is consistency. he needs to do the same job every play. some it looks like he's already committed to something he shouldn't be, or gets a late start on doing what he should. Then others he's dialed in and looks fine

Worst three linemen I’ve ever seen in Green Bay. Wth drafted Spriggs in the 2nd rd again? They should fire that idiot!!

Marshall Newhouse
Jason Spriggs
Don Barclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online