Reaction score
Dix sucks I don’t care what anyone says
Known for hard hitting in college and is a puuuu. CCCCCCCC

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dix sucks I don’t care what anyone says
Known for hard hitting in college and is a puuuu. CCCCCCCC

Dix had a few solid years early on But something has happened where he's completely fallen off and is now below average. I used to love him for being a hard hitter and being fearless. Now he can't tackle to save his life and is constantly out of position.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Dix had a few solid years early on But something has happened where he's completely fallen off and is now below average. I used to love him for being a hard hitter and being fearless. Now he can't tackle to save his life and is constantly out of position.
Maybe hang 9ver from Capers

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 games in, Dix hasn't done anything to win me over again

D

Deleted member 6794

There are still rumours that Seahawks might be willing to trade him.

And a 2 or 3 year contract (less guaranteed and more performance) to Earl might be worth the while. We can give them Whitehead or a late round pick in addition to the 2nd round pick Cowboys are already offering.

I haven't heard anything about the Seahawks still being interested in trading Thomas.

OP
OP
P

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's been all media speculation in the last couple of days, but maybe with Seattle having a down year they'd be more willing to make a more favorable deal.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well he can't fight with a future Hall of Famer on the sidelines now. Or jaw at other players in the secondary like he used to.

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
With our young DB's, Earl Thomas would transform this secondary into a potential top flight unit.

I hope the Packers are at least in the discussion.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers might be in position to trade up in next year's draft to get Deionte Thompson who looks like he might be the successor to Earl Thomas. I know pass rusher is a need but Thompson looks like he might be a once-every-five years level of coverage safety.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since this is all speculation and there are no reports that Seattle is indeed shopping Thomas again let me be the first say Gute is making a huge mistake if he doesnt get Thomas. He is wasting Rodger's in his prime. He isnt looking for ways to improve the roster. There I think i covered most of them

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thomas would be a huge addition for the Packers. A 2nd rounder + who though? I doubt the Seahawks would be interested in Matthews or Spriggs as some have mentioned. Or would the Packers be willing to give up of their their 1st round picks?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't foresee anybody giving up a 1st rounder for an aging Safety that is unhappy in Seattle. I hope we are not either.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We better not give up a 1st for Thomas. Especially with him being unhappy and a free agent at the end of the year. Do we want him as a rental or do we want to sign him to a new deal

and by we I mean this message board because we have no idea what the Packers are thinking

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a first and a player? you're high on more than just ET I think LOL If he was 26 and under contract maybe but he's almost 30 and wants to get paid again

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Seattle is licking its chops, probably seeing what Oakland got for Mack and knowing if they just let him walk at the end of the year, they will pick up a decent compensatory pick. However, Thomas isn't Mack. He is a good player, but as many have pointed out, how much does he have left and how much would he cost us? If the article below has any truth to it and Thomas wants Eric Berry or more kind of money, no thanks.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/6/2...-thomas-contract-extension-holdout-2018-terms

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A 1st rounder plus Spriggs.
Why do people want to get rid of our only good OL backup?

I think Seattle would probably take a 2nd. I dont think we should offer above a 3rd. And I want to see how Jones does first.

I thought Haha maybe dropped off last few years because he was compensating for poor CB play. Cant say that anymore, unless he has yet to adapt to the better CB play?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I thought Haha maybe dropped off last few years because he was compensating for poor CB play. Cant say that anymore, unless he has yet to adapt to the better CB play?

Yup, can't blame the past bad play of the Safeties on the bad play of the CB's anymore. With the changes this year, we are already seeing that the whole secondary was a dumpster fire under TT and Capers. I'm also going to point out, once again, that Joe Whitt needs to take some responsibility here.

Unless Dix somehow turns it around, he won't sniff much in the way of a second contract and the only way the Packers bring him back is if they think he is "on the verge" of being good, I doubt it. So between now and the draft, Gute really needs to start planning on what he is going to do and IMO that should not just be "wait and see how current players develop", because if they don't develop, our defense is going to continue to look like it did on Sunday against decent QB's.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do people want to get rid of our only good OL backup?

I think Seattle would probably take a 2nd. I dont think we should offer above a 3rd. And I want to see how Jones does first.

Well I stopped reading when I saw “good backup”. Sorry brev Haha

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a first and a player? you're high on more than just ET I think LOL If he was 26 and under contract maybe but he's almost 30 and wants to get paid again

It’s not like I said give them Bahk and a 1st rd pick smh. Talking about a guy who got drafted in the second round who isn’t even good...and a first rd pick that can be between 28-32....that’s including the Saints pick!!!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't give them a first without the player

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since this is all speculation and there are no reports that Seattle is indeed shopping Thomas again let me be the first say Gute is making a huge mistake if he doesnt get Thomas. He is wasting Rodger's in his prime. He isnt looking for ways to improve the roster. There I think i covered most of them

Also, TT sucks. Fire Gute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts