Dumervile to Green Bay?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Do you think TT learned a lesson from signing Cook last year? If he didn't, his signing of both Bennett and Kendricks is a mystery. ;)

I actually was pretty happy with what TT did in Free Agency this year, sign guys that the Packers NEEDED. Would I have liked to see an OLB signed as well? Yes, but as we are all starting to conclude, TT either didn't see the need or couldn't find the guy he wanted.

I theorize that he would always adjust his FA strategy a little bit as AR gets older.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I theorize that he would always adjust his FA strategy a little bit as AR gets older.
That and when you lose as many players as the Packers did this year. But I still am hopeful that the process of signing Cook and seeing what he added to the team, encourages TT to take a few more risks in Free Agency and I think we saw that this year when he signed Bennett and Kendricks. Will give TT some credit, he may not sign a lot of FA's, but when he has, they have done pretty well.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
That and when you lose as many players as the Packers did this year. But I still am hopeful that the process of signing Cook and seeing what he added to the team, encourages TT to take a few more risks in Free Agency and I think we saw that this year when he signed Bennett and Kendricks. Will give TT some credit, he may not sign a lot of FA's, but when he has, they have done pretty well.

And while I do agree with most critics that he is too hesitant to sign help to the roster, I don't think it's any sort of coincidence that he's stingy with it and it has a higher success rate than most teams.

D

Deleted member 6794

I actually was pretty happy with what TT did in Free Agency this year, sign guys that the Packers NEEDED.

I believe Thompson did a great job in free agency to improve the offense by signing Bennett, Kendricks and Evans. Unfortunately it's a different story on the defensive side in my opinion as he completely ignored outside linebacker and House isn't the veteran cornerback addressing the team's need for a #1.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
For those under the impression that Nick Perry got overpaid like an elite edge rusher, here's Melvin Ingram's new numbers:

4 years, 66M, 16.5 avg, 42 guaranteed

Compare that to 5/60/12/18.5 for Perry.

This is just more indication that Perry's injury history was baked into the commitment that the Packers had to make to keep him.

D

Deleted member 6794

For those under the impression that Nick Perry got overpaid like an elite edge rusher, here's Melvin Ingram's new numbers:

4 years, 66M, 16.5 avg, 42 guaranteed

Compare that to 5/60/12/18.5 for Perry.

This is just more indication that Perry's injury history was baked into the commitment that the Packers had to make to keep him.

I was shocked to learn the Chargers guaranteed to pay Ingram 63.6% of the total value of the contract.