Duds vs Commanders

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, stop, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. Bakh was not washed up when we signed him - he was easily the best or 2nd best LT in the entire NFL when we signed him to his latest contract structure. He in zero way at all was washed up. Not a single person could predict that one of the most prolific and present pillars of our entire team since 2013 would have a catastrophic injury. You are talking about a guy that played for eight straight seasons 96% or more of the offensive snaps his team took at arguably the hardest position to master in the NFL.

Yes, I debated at the time should we have paid him that much...and at best all I could argue against was perhaps not paying him that much but he without hesitation was every bit worth the price tag it took.

Mahomes blows a knee tomorrow wouldn't mean he is washed up, injury prone or that the Chiefs made a mistake signing him....
Okay I get your point. It is a risk that every team takes with every great player. Yes He had his GREAT years but now his career is over—- so now what do you suggest????!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay I get your point. It is a risk that every team takes with every great player. Yes He had his GREAT years but now his career is over—- so now what do you suggest????!
I suggest you relax and enjoy whatever he can give us because there is nothing that can be done now to lessen the hurt of having a great player with a huge contract that can’t play.

Cut him, retire, whatever it isn’t making anything better in the moment. Nobody is going o trade for him.

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suggest you relax and enjoy whatever he can give us because there is nothing that can be done now to lessen the hurt of having a great player with a huge contract that can’t play.

Cut him, retire, whatever it isn’t making anything better in the moment. Nobody is going o trade for him.
Very true! Nothing to be done now for this year unfortunately

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just hard to watch the entire team this Season just imploding before our eyes. I am a true Packer fan and guess it’s just hard to watch them struggle in just about every respect. Guess we have ALL been spoiled in the past many successful seasons

Reaction score
Just hard to watch the entire team this Season just imploding before our eyes. I am a true Packer fan and guess it’s just hard to watch them struggle in just about every respect. Guess we have ALL been spoiled in the past many successful seasons
It’s been a slop fest. Yet I think down deep we all know this team can play better than they have thus far. (Unfortunately it’s also tough to right the ship against arguably the best Defense in the league). That said I feel like Win or lose this game is our adversity “litmus test”. If we stay in this game (even with a loss) it shows we can hang with anyone even while limping around.
Other than our Road loss to WTF, the 3 teams we’ve lost to are all playoff caliber units vying for at least a Wildcard placing imo.

My feeling is 5-5 with 7 games to go. That’s where we need to get back to and as the season progresses we will rise while a couple others slip. Happens every year just watch.

Barb, while I agree it’s been miserable at times.. It’s not how you start, it’s how you finish. I really don’t even want the 13 Win (full ticket admission) anymore it’s overrated seating. Let’s sneak in behind the bleachers.

Last edited:

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s been a slop fest. Yet I think down deep we all know this team can play better than they have thus far. (Unfortunately it’s also tough to right the ship against arguably the best Defense in the league). That said I feel like Win or lose this game is our adversity “litmus test”. If we stay in this game (even with a loss) it shows we can hang with anyone even while limping around.
Other than our Road loss to WTF, the 3 teams we’ve lost to are all playoff caliber units vying for at least a Wildcard placing imo.

My feeling is 5-5 with 7 games to go. That’s where we need to get back to and as the season progresses we will rise while a couple others slip. Happens every year just watch.

Barb, while I agree it’s been miserable at times.. It’s not how you start, it’s how you finish. I really don’t even want the 13 Win (full ticket admission) anymore it’s overrated seating. Let’s sneak in behind the bleachers.
Sounds good!!!! Lol

D

Deleted member 6794

Ok, I'll play the IF game with you. IF Rodgers would stop skipping balls we probably would've had another TD in just that game alone. IF Rodgers accuracy issues weren't a problem we would've beaten the Giants. IF Rodgers new how to find a wide open receiver we wouldn't have lost in the playoffs at Lambeau last year. IF Rodgers had the ability to play in his home state, or Florida as well we would have at LEAST 2 more championships. So yeah...standing with my original statement QB DONE!

It's mind-boggling how many clueless fans truly believe Rodgers is the main issue with this year's team.

Don't get me wrong, Rodgers hasn't performed at an elite level this season but he's far from being one the biggest reasons for the team struggling.

All of you who seemingly can't wait to move on from him will be in for a rude awakening once the Packers don't feature a HOF QB anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
It's mind-boggling how many clueless fans truly believe Rodgers is the main issue with this year's team.

Don't get me wrong, Rodgers hasn't performed at an elite level this season but he's far from being one the biggest reasons for the team struggling.

All of you who seemingly can't wait to move on from him will be in for a rude awakening once the Packers don't feature a HOF QB anymore.
Rodgers playing bad is a 90-95 Passer rating. In a weird way, that's the sign of a complete stud at QB. If you can do that while surrounded by partial disfunction... What could he do with several players tightening their game up?

Thankfully #12 is not really one to panic, it's almost like Aaron tends to play better when he's not expected to. I guess it can be similar to doing the dishes, nobody really "wants" to do them, but even less so if it's required to do them! :cry:

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Meh. Not so much. Went through the exact same thing in 2007-2008 timeframe when it was a complete unknown what Rodger's future would be. Some of us were ready and wanting Favre to exit as well.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meh. Not so much. Went through the exact same thing in 2007-2008 timeframe when it was a complete unknown what Rodger's future would be. Some of us were ready and wanting Favre to exit as well.
Too many pundits automatically put it on him. If he were to somehow have a lights out game in Detroit and we win 38-35 they would say he found himself.

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still haven't answered me
Yes he was a good player but an injured player who is unlikely to return to his old productive self is a waste of money. Not saying it was the player’s fault- career ending injuries happen in sports all the time. The Packers needed a strong tough offensive line with all of the new and injury prone receivers. Guess all teams just pay too much money for contracts and the great players are greedy. They are out for their own wallets not the team’s welfare! Yes I know in a perfect world it could be different but not in our self serving world

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes he was a good player but an injured player who is unlikely to return to his old productive self is a waste of money. Not saying it was the player’s fault- career ending injuries happen in sports all the time. The Packers needed a strong tough offensive line with all of the new and injury prone receivers. Guess all teams just pay too much money for contracts and the great players are greedy. They are out for their own wallets not the team’s welfare! Yes I know in a perfect world it could be different but not in our self serving world
So what more do you want answered?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
My question was if this was aaron. do you feel the same.. If Rodgers has a big injury and cant get healthy is he useless liability?

Reaction score
Do you take less at your job so that your employer can pay other employees more?
First of all I know this wasn’t directed at me, but it kinda struck a nerve with me, because it’s actually quite common. It depends on what your job is. If you are making Tens of Millions annually and the Show is over budget and is short on quality actors because I’ve cap-strapped the show? Absolutely I would consider that. Some folks look at compensation in a short-sided manner. I bet that Producer keeps me on their short list next time because they fully get it. What comes around goes around. Fully shaken, twice pressed and overflowing with excess.

We also know that players across the NFL take pay cuts every season for various reasons. Some are prove it deals and some may have desires ti play with a contender verses chasing the highest monetary offer. Some value location etc..
Players/Agents take pay cuts to work with their employer to spread their Cap hit more evenly over a longer term. Thus allowing their team to put together a more fundamentally sound Roster. Which is no secret it’s going to pay other employees.

I don’t know where this debate got started for the particulars. However it’s absolutely a fact that players take less than Market value at various times and for various reasons.
Frankly I’m surprised you’ve watched the sport this long and didn’t know this.

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the difference being with Favre, we did not get much if any compensation but with Rodgers it is a big negative.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Lot of people threw the finger at rodgers and felt he was the worse pick ever

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

While I obviously respect your opinion, and I certainly don`t think he is the MAIN reason for the failure, you have to admit he has to shoulder a fair bit of the blame. Receivers not running the proper routes is fine, but how is a guy supposed to catch a ball thrown yards behind him, short or over his head ? I take your point that we will struggle initially with ANY new QB in the system, but isn`t it wrong to think that as long as we stick with him things will always work out okay ? Age wise, he is coming to the end of his usefulness. We are never going to make it to another Superbowl in the forseeable future and we all know it.

D

Deleted member 6794

I believe most Packers' fans who are ready to move on from Rodgers expect that the team will find another HOF quarterback in a heartbeat. When you take a look around the league that's completely unrealistic though. Therefore I enjoy having Rodgers around as long as it takes as I'm well aware it could be a long time before the Packers will have another elite quarterback running the show.

I'm quite a lot of folks won't realize how spoiled the Packers have been since 1992 until the team struggles to adequately replace him in the long term.

They are out for their own wallets not the team’s welfare! Yes I know in a perfect world it could be different but not in our self serving world

Why would any player agree to a deal below market value so that the owner can pocket even more money???

We also know that players across the NFL take pay cuts every season for various reasons. Some are prove it deals and some may have desires ti play with a contender verses chasing the highest monetary offer.
Players/Agents take pay cuts to work with their employer to spread their Cap hit more evenly over a longer term. Thus allowing their team to put together a more fundamentally sound Roster. Which is no secret it’s going to pay other employees.

Please provide a list of those players who have taken significantly less money than market value for the team to spend it on some other ones. The majority of players who agree to take a pay cut would have been released otherwise. The ones signing a prove it deal didn't have any other offers in most cases.

Spreading the cap hit over several seasons isn't the same as taking a pay cut.

While I obviously respect your opinion, and I certainly don`t think he is the MAIN reason for the failure, you have to admit he has to shoulder a fair bit of the blame. Receivers not running the proper routes is fine, but how is a guy supposed to catch a ball thrown yards behind him, short or over his head ? I take your point that we will struggle initially with ANY new QB in the system, but isn`t it wrong to think that as long as we stick with him things will always work out okay ? Age wise, he is coming to the end of his usefulness. We are never going to make it to another Superbowl in the forseeable future and we all know it.

As I have mentioned repeatedly, Rodgers deserves part of the blame for the offense struggling as well. I'm still optimistic about the Packers making it back to the Super Bowl with him. That's if he's around for at least another year in 2023.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all I know this wasn’t directed at me, but it kinda struck a nerve with me, because it’s actually quite common. It depends on what your job is. If you are making Tens of Millions annually and the Show is over budget and is short on quality actors because I’ve cap-strapped the show? Absolutely I would consider that. Some folks look at compensation in a short-sided manner. I bet that Producer keeps me on their short list next time because they fully get it. What comes around goes around. Fully shaken, twice pressed and overflowing with excess.

We also know that players across the NFL take pay cuts every season for various reasons. Some are prove it deals and some may have desires ti play with a contender verses chasing the highest monetary offer. Some value location etc..

I don’t know where this debate got started for the particulars. However it’s absolutely a fact that players take less than Market value at various times and for various reasons.
Frankly I’m surprised you’ve watched the sport this long and didn’t know this.

My point was not that no one ever does it. I personally have done it plenty of times. Sometimes it has been a good decision sometimes it has been a bad decision. The point is that its their job.

They aren't just playing with the sole goal of winning games. They are like most of us going to work so they have the ability to enjoy their lives when they are not at work

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you take less at your job so that your employer can pay other employees more?
I actually did this..we needed help and hr wouldn't budge for a dollar a hour on a guy I wanted to hire..I was his boss at another place and knew he would upgrade us.

So I told the owner I'll give up a dollar and hour to add to this guy's offer..

Hr refused it..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts