Duds vs Commanders

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't believe there's any way to make this offense succeed aside of somehow being able to establish a deep passing game.
I don't know why it has to be short or deep. There is the middle. And speaking of middle, there should be more plays in the middle of the field. And a lot fewer short ones to the flat.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know why it has to be short or deep. There is the middle. And speaking of middle, there should be more plays in the middle of the field. And a lot fewer short ones to the flat.
that would be great, but listen to the HOF QB and the coach and what they've been saying. Guys are not doing what they're supposed to be doing. You don't attack the middle of the field with guys you aren't sure are going to do what they need to do. It's just going to get turned over. and yes, that will be worse than what we have now. and with the pressure that has been coming right up the middle you don't throw back to the middle when you're running right or left. There are very good reasons why that part hasn't been used a lot.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will have to disagree that Rodgers' reactions are an issue.

Schroeder had a season of over 1,000 yards and another two over 900. He had a bigger impact than MVS with the Packers.

Before the game against the Commanders everybody was advocating for Rodgers to primarily throw short passes. Not that hasn't worked it's back to something else.

Unfortunately I don't believe there's any way to make this offense succeed aside of somehow being able to establish a deep passing game.

As I have mentioned in another thread, only seven teams go three and out less often than the Packers.

Opponents already stack the box yet the Packers aren't able to throw the ball downfield successfully.
Schroeder did have an impact for 3 seasons. And for the most part he played on a team with a solid rushing attack.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That seems hard to believe. I wonder what the stats are for second half only?
So can we conclude that we put our defense back on the field considerably more than 8n most years? Should they get paid overtime?

D

Deleted member 6794

Like it or not, the passing game is working best with Rodgers either targeting players behind the LOS or on short throws. They get in trouble once they have a negative play or a penalty though.

That seems hard to believe. I wonder what the stats are for second half only?

While it's actually eight teams here are the stats for this season so far (I don't have any numbers for the second half only):

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

So can we conclude that we put our defense back on the field considerably more than 8n most years? Should they get paid overtime?

How did you come up with that conclusion once again???

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like it or not, the passing game is working best with Rodgers either targeting players behind the LOS or on short throws. They get in trouble once they have a negative play or a penalty though.

While it's actually eight teams here are the stats for this season so far (I don't have any numbers for the second half only):

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

How did you come up with that conclusion once again???
Well, the offense did most of the work for so many years and they got most of the money. Now that our defense has to be out there all day shouldn't they get their due? I do not see any equivalent Clay Matthews contracts on that side of the ball barring inflation.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the offense did most of the work for so many years and they got most of the money. Now that our defense has to be out there all day shouldn't they get their due? I do not see any equivalent Clay Matthews contracts on that side of the ball barring inflation.
On the other hand the defense should be well rested from those years the offense was good.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, for a player with no instincts Favre found him quite a number of times. Right now Rodgers is not finding much of anyone.
Lol, Favre wasn't afraid to throw balls wherever he felt like, to anyone in the building.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Different QB and that team didn't have Adams.
Very true. But it did have Ahman Green, a solid FB, and 5 top offensive lineman along with a TE who could block as well as anyone on that team. Opponents still had to key on that even though the QB was also a HOFer.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should start calling Rodgers what he really is...QB DONE

Rodgers is far from done...he's absolutely still got it. If Amari Rodgers catches that ball that hit both of his hands inside the 10. The Packers win at Washington. In fact if Doubs doesnt drop that ball in the end zone going to the ground the Packers win in London. And even against the vikings if Watson catches that ball on the first offensive play of the year...I have a feeling that game turns out differently as well. Went from what a way to start the season on offense!! to what a way to start the season on offense :(

The Packers currently arent good enough to overcome mistakes like that. But if they had eliminated those bad drops, theyre sitting at 5-2 or 6-1 right now instead of 3-4

Granted there's other problems, Jaire Alexander, the packers best defensive player, failing to make a play on the ball when it was in the air for what seemed like forever on that last play to 17. Im not saying with my athletic skills, I could of been in position to make that play because McLaurin would run right by me. But if I was in the postion JA was I have the ball skills to know Im intercepting that ball. Its amazing to me that Alexander doesnt

But all in all, I think the drops have been the biggest issue in ultimately winning or losing these games.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well, the offense did most of the work for so many years and they got most of the money.

Actually they were several seasons in which the defense account for a higher cap hit than the offense during Rodgers' tenure as the starter.

Now that our defense has to be out there all day shouldn't they get their due?

It seems impossible for you to understand the defense doesn't play a lot of snaps compared to other teams.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, I'll play the IF game with you. IF Rodgers would stop skipping balls we probably would've had another TD in just that game alone. IF Rodgers accuracy issues weren't a problem we would've beaten the Giants. IF Rodgers new how to find a wide open receiver we wouldn't have lost in the playoffs at Lambeau last year. IF Rodgers had the ability to play in his home state, or Florida as well we would have at LEAST 2 more championships. So yeah...standing with my original statement QB DONE!
Rodgers is far from done...he's absolutely still got it. If Amari Rodgers catches that ball that hit both of his hands inside the 10. The Packers win at Washington. In fact if Doubs doesnt drop that ball in the end zone going to the ground the Packers win in London. And even against the vikings if Watson catches that ball on the first offensive play of the year...I have a feeling that game turns out differently as well. Went from what a way to start the season on offense!! to what a way to start the season on offense :(

The Packers currently arent good enough to overcome mistakes like that. But if they had eliminated those bad drops, theyre sitting at 5-2 or 6-1 right now instead of 3-4

Granted there's other problems, Jaire Alexander, the packers best defensive player, failing to make a play on the ball when it was in the air for what seemed like forever on that last play to 17. Im not saying with my athletic skills, I could of been in position to make that play because McLaurin would run right by me. But if I was in the postion JA was I have the ball skills to know Im intercepting that ball. Its amazing to me that Alexander doesnt

But all in all, I think the drops have been the biggest issue in ultimately winning or losing thes

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But all in all, I think the drops have been the biggest issue in ultimately winning or losing these games.
If the Pack had scored more points than their opponents in each game then they would be 7-0.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, I'll play the IF game with you. IF Rodgers would stop skipping balls we probably would've had another TD in just that game alone. IF Rodgers accuracy issues weren't a problem we would've beaten the Giants. IF Rodgers new how to find a wide open receiver we wouldn't have lost in the playoffs at Lambeau last year. IF Rodgers had the ability to play in his home state, or Florida as well we would have at LEAST 2 more championships. So yeah...standing with my original statement QB DONE!

Hey Ive blamed Rodgers for plenty...Im certainly not and havent been a blind supporter of him. But Im just telling you what I see and thats far from a qb who is done.

For the record I still believe this team is going to be in the mix for a playoff spot at the end of the year

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starting to feel like politics around here. Rodgers is at fault vs. Rodgers can do no wrong. And seems like it's 50-50 which when you think about it...is weird.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Be patient Bill. You'll probably get another chance for a new PM in a couple of weeks. :)
It must be bad when Americans are poking fun at OUR politics......lol Tell Donald Trump to throw his hat in and HE might get a go too.

Members online

Latest posts