Driver not done yet, but considering what comes next

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
For the longest time, Donald Driver didn't even want to talk about it. He couldn't even consider it. Absolutely consumed with winning a Super Bowl, he would shake his head at anyone broaching the topic of his post-football life. But lately he's been thinking about it a lot.

Source: JSOnline.com

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I read this via phone... and was so sad/ happy/ proud/ and sad... to hear this ... Everyone knows my love for the Packers, and their loyal players.. Donald being my #1... I'll be happy for him in whatever path he takes in life.
I'm just so happy his path happened to cross mine as being a Packer, and me lovin' the Pack!

Thanks Donald! :inlove:

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I think if we win the SB this season, I think he'll retire. Riding off into the sunset after being part of a repeat superbowl team and possibly an undefeated one. You can't go out on a much better note than that.

If we don't, I say he sticks around one more season.

I wonder if and when he does retire, if the Packers are going to consider drafting another WR.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that is why they drafted Cobb, because eventually he will be retiring. But yes, he is a great Packer and looks to have a ton of game left in him.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I think that is why they drafted Cobb, because eventually he will be retiring. But yes, he is a great Packer and looks to have a ton of game left in him.

Might be right, but I wouldn't rule out them drafting another. Can't have enough weapons, lol.

I really like Ryan Broyles. He tore his ACL early last month, but what I've seen out of him he's a perfect fit for our offense. He's a great route runner, great at getting YAC, great hands and he's tough. Being that he got injured he'll probably drop in the draft and he was projected at a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Something tells me though our draft focus is going to be mostly defense and possibly 0-line

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt we will take ryan broyles although i would love to see it. Being from oklahoma I got to watch him play all the time and he really would be the perfect fit for our offense in the sense that we would have many different receivers that can fill many different roles.

I don't know if cobb is going to fill in for driver like everyone thinks. I am still not sure about his route running and ball security but his explosiveness is appealing.

Driver has given us so much and is one of my favorite players of all time. I think that helped greg jennings grow into the player he has become. I appreciate everything he has given and can't express how much his service to the community means.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think if we win the SB this season, I think he'll retire. Riding off into the sunset after being part of a repeat superbowl team and possibly an undefeated one. You can't go out on a much better note than that.

I wonder if and when he does retire, if the Packers are going to consider drafting another WR.

Not at 5$ million for next year...He will have to take a reduced salary or probably be cut

DON BARRETT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver is still a great receiver, GB just has so many weapons now he does not get looked at that much anymore. give him 5 to 10 more balls his way and his numbers will go up. Thats the beauty of GB offense, stop one and another will be open you just cant keep us out of the endzone!

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No matter what, I am sure he will be back next season. That way he will be part of the 3 super bowl team.
Donal Driver is one of the greatest Packers of all time...and I wear my #80 jersey with pride every weekend. For those who think he lost a step, you seem to be forgetting that the recievers are a lot more spread out, meaning everyone gets a touch, and defenses won't know who's getting the next catch, but look at DD's performance last week...solid. And he got more thrown his way than he did in a while.

RustyShackleford

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No matter what, I am sure he will be back next season. That way he will be part of the 3 super bowl team.
Donal Driver is one of the greatest Packers of all time...and I wear my #80 jersey with pride every weekend. For those who think he lost a step, you seem to be forgetting that the recievers are a lot more spread out, meaning everyone gets a touch, and defenses won't know who's getting the next catch, but look at DD's performance last week...solid. And he got more thrown his way than he did in a while.

I'm not so sure he's back next year. The Packers have Tori Gurley on the practice squad and if they think he's got a long-term future with the Packers then it becomes a numbers game at receiver. I doubt they would carry 6 receivers. Driver may be the odd man out.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not so sure he's back next year. The Packers have Tori Gurley on the practice squad and if they think he's got a long-term future with the Packers then it becomes a numbers game at receiver. I doubt they would carry 6 receivers. Driver may be the odd man out.

driver is not going to be the odd man out because of the front office. He will leave before that happens....his number is 80 not 4.

L

Lunchboxer

Thats what I think too. If we repeat and stuff. I think it would be better for him to retire after winning a 2nd SB. Ride off to the sunset with a 2nd SB Ring.

Reaction score
Double D is such a class act. If the Pack does win the SB I hope he retires. He deserves it. He deserves to go out on a spectacular high note. I think I'm going to get Aaron on the phone and tell him to turn it up a notch! LOL
Trapped

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still stand by my belief he will stay for that 3rd Superbowl title next year! :):cool::D

Members online

No members online now.