Driver, don't Dance

D

DWAGE

Some one please get this to Donald Driver.

I am old school. I liked it when WR's would score and just hand the ball to the ref and get on with it.

I know Donald is a good guy. I know he is a premier receiver, but Donald Driver is the only guy on the Packers who still has to dance.

Jennings, Lee, Jones, Grant, Jackson they look so classy when they casually hand the ball to the ref.

What do you think?

GO PACK!!!!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some one please get this to Donald Driver.

I am old school. I liked it when WR's would score and just hand the ball to the ref and get on with it.

I know Donald is a good guy. I know he is a premier receiver, but Donald Driver is the only guy on the Packers who still has to dance.

Jennings, Lee, Jones, Grant, Jackson they look so classy when they casually hand the ball to the ref.

What do you think?

GO PACK!!!!!

I love it when Driver dances. He's a good dancer.

OP
OP
D

DWAGE

I am a Packer fan.

I just think it looks so so much better when a player makes a big play and acts like it's just another day at the office.

I also think it psychs the opposition.

DW

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think people realize how much players celebrated in the "old school" era.

Whenever I watch anything on NFL Films from the 80s or so I routinely see entire O-line's dancing in a circle, even multiple players spiking the ball after the same TD. There used to be a lot more celebrating than what you're seeing today imo.

Edit: And it's not like he's standing up after every catch, grabbing a cheerleader and doing the tango right there on the field. The most I've seen Driver do is just a little shake & bake after good plays.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Edit: And it's not like he's standing up after every catch, grabbing a cheerleader and doing the tango right there on the field. The most I've seen Driver do is just a little shake & bake after good plays.

LOL SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE AND BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE, maybe Driver will take up dancing with the stars after his football days.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DD hasn't scored since week 3, I am hoping we see a lot of dancing from him come Sunday night!!!
Just goes to show how classy of a guy DD is, TEAM FIRST, most of your so-called "elite" players would be crying all season if they weren't getting there TD's.
DD is the leader of the receiving corpse, he's the one showing the young guys the correct way to do it in the NFL, if he wants to do a little shimmy and shake when he makes a play, I am not the one to tell him he shouldn't.

DANCE DD DANCE!!!!!!!!!!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i kind of agree with DWAGE a little.

I dont mind a TD dance, or even a big first down dance either. especially when its Donald and its just the little shimmy shake he does.

But for gods sakes... i watched the NFL replay of the seahawks game and Donald had a first down catch that was pretty decent... so he gave the dance and i thought... ok i can handle that.. in fact i like it. **** the other team off a little to get them thinkin about you. Then he catches another outlet pass for like 4 yards and does the same dance.

I can handle dancing and in fact think it gives the game some personality. but after a 4 yard gain... i think you can just get up off the ground and give the ball back. i mean ffs you gained 4 yards. Ryan Leaf has gained 4 yards before.. ya know.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Dwage.. right on the money.. after a big play, maybe, but after every catch, overboard.

Act like you have been there before..

Heelntoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah - Old school here, too. Just act like you expected to score, like you knew you were going to score... To me that says more about focus and mindset than those dumb dances. Hand the ball to the ref and go jump in the stands; gotta give the end-zone dwellers some love!

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude wow. He shakes and points to a first down. Like yeah. Basically hes telling the other team First down, you got owned!!!

Reaction score
You know, perhaps DD got hit a little hard and did the shake and bake to send a message to the Seahawk DBs, like "you took your best shot, but I'm still here baby, feeling fresh as a daisy (or something else more appropriate)".

It gets the team pumped, and if it makes the other team that much more frustrated, I'm not gonna take issue with that.

I think I saw Favre do the shake and bake too in the 'Hawks game too. Made me laugh.

Reaction score
Dude wow. He shakes and points to a first down. Like yeah. Basically hes telling the other team First down, you got owned!!!

The issue is that Driver did it after he got a 4 yard gain, which did NOT result in a first down.

Basically the issue is whether or not Driver is shaking and baking unnecessarily.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I am old school. An occasional spike on a game turning play was great in the old days. Our coach used to say " act like you 've been there." And of coarse if you did any "hot *******" you would be taking laps...

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with Yared. Old school, there was a lot of dancing going on and big end zone celebrations.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
DD is such a sport and is taking all the double coverages so this team can prosper on offense. He rarely, RARELY gets the ball, and is making the sacrifices 99.9% of star WR's would want to be traded before having to endure that. The few few times he does get the ball these days, he celebrates and has a great time. I love DD, and I love the Packer looseness and enthusiasm they all seem to be enjoying every moment they're on the field. So when Donald gets the ball in his hands and does a little wiggle move for a first down... don't chastise, just let the man have the fun he damn well deserves to be having

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack&BrettCrazed4 said:
DD is such a sport and is taking all the double coverages so this team can prosper on offense. He rarely, RARELY gets the ball, and is making the sacrifices 99.9% of star WR's would want to be traded before having to endure that. The few few times he does get the ball these days, he celebrates and has a great time. I love DD, and I love the Packer looseness and enthusiasm they all seem to be enjoying every moment they're on the field. So when Donald gets the ball in his hands and does a little wiggle move for a first down... don't chastise, just let the man have the fun he damn well deserves to be having

100% agreed.

We're lucky to have Driver. He's constantly fighting double coverages, so almost never gets a TD attempt his way. He deserves to let off a little bit of steam.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I like Driver a lot. He really is a team first player.

His dance reminds me of a queen bee dance which cracks me up everytime I see it.

I saw that play against the seattle where he got 4 yards or something and no first down and did the shake and bake, and I think somebody said, you didn't get the first down cause he sort of hesitated at the end. LOL I think he lost track of where the first down was. I usually only seem him do that on first downs.

The lambeau leap is more than enough celebration for a TD imo.

Staff online

Latest posts