DRAFT BAD NEWS

LOREN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
looking at about 50 mock draft so far--a vast majority have chicago getting edwards, and minnesota getting mike williams

also mel krapper juinor has the same thing, and mel has williams as the top player--not pick in the draft

bad news for gbay??? you bet

williams is taller than randy moss, 20 pounds heavier, stronger by a lot, and FASTER. then as the big upgrade, williams is noted to be a decent human and has a very good work ethic, unlike take a play or two off-- randy.

then add edwards to chicago who already has mushy muhammed added as a free agent. mushy had far better numbers than moss, and he had no qb to throw to him, at least grossman has the tools be be a lot better than any bear qb any of us can remember--since luckman.

this is poor news due to the pack haveing a pitiful secondary last year and the loss of probably the best player in that group, 42.

i am not really looking foward to seeing chicago line up with those two guys, and even less when they line up the other michigan kid they got two drafts ago as the third revcevier. he may have been a bust as a number one guy, but as a number 3 guy, i dont want to see him either.

detroit already has good receivers and a top pick qb with lots of upside, they will add a quality player at pick 10.

none of the players the media is speaking about thrills me at the packers slot. i dont see any help in 2005 with any of the 10 or so.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Williams is a good reciever no doubt. They're both listed at 6'5" but most publications write like Moss is really 6'5" and William really about a half inch shorter. Williams does weigh more and might be stronger. But Williams has no where near Moss's speed. Moss was timed as a freshman at FSU in a 4.25 forty Williams just ran a 4.56 at campus per NFL.com. No comparison.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOREN said:
and even less when they line up the other michigan kid they got two drafts ago as the third revcevier. he may have been a bust as a number one guy, but as a number 3 guy, i dont want to see him either.

if you're thinking of david terrell, he's in NE.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOREN said:
then add edwards to chicago who already has mushy muhammed added as a free agent. mushy had far better numbers than moss, and he had no qb to throw to him
I agree with the theme that everyone around the Packers are getting better, but I don't at all agree with Jake Delhomme being "no QB".(if that's who you meant)

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
I have not seen any mock draft with the vikettes taking Mike Williams. He comes to Tampa Bay or Dallas from what I've seen.

i remember seeing at least one. i sure hope it doesnt go down like that though.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll say this --- I've never seen a Mock Draft end up being the "real deal"....

I wouldn't put much stock in it at this point....
YOU WILL, however, see one or two teams with the $$$$$... try to grab a player they don't really need just to keep someone else from gettin' him... that's the oldest chess game in football.

As long as we can shore up the DE and Safety positions, then Bates can handle the rest....

And, even though I liked Darren Sharper (42) as a person and was impressed with him greatly - pre-contract, that is - after the contract(?), he just wasn't the same... Whether that's because LeRoy Butler was no longer around to shield him (???) No one will probably ever know. Just the same, his work ethic didn't match when LeRoy was there... and his game never really came back! I have to say at this point - IF (and I do mean "IF") Darren truly wanted to retire as a Packer - then he'd taken that pay cut... and in the interim, he would have enjoyed playing right along side Arturo Freeman - my neck itches right now - and when that happens... it means that Freeman coming here to Green Bay was going to happen no matter what... and Darren will have a good game for the Vikings.. but playing alongside Arturo - IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER! Tooo bad for Darren! We'll just sit back and watch the stats... and the "GAME"...!

Favreforever721

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is everyone forgeting we have an experienced QB, two quality receivers(Driver and Ferguson) and a Pro Bowl Wide Receiver(Javon Walker) who will only get better. :new:

OP
OP
L

LOREN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favreforever721 said:
Is everyone forgeting we have an experienced QB, two quality receivers(Driver and Ferguson) and a Pro Bowl Wide Receiver(Javon Walker) who will only get better. :new:

even if the above is true, we still cant cover anyone we play, i trust you saw some games last year, didnt you notice the 33 tds we gave, and one of the highest ave per attemps by a defense in the nfl

and we then loose the best player, we had in the secondary each of the last two years. while we get far worse in the secondary, the other division teams get better against our weakest unit.

you also may have noticed that at least two of our better o lineman are gone, and excactly who will black for favre this year?, and dont even mention barry as one of them, we see how little everyone thinks of him by not haveing a sniff as a free agent

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Even IF? Okay I can't say Fergie is quality receiver, Driver is when healthy, Javon is the ******* who WILL get better.

DRAFT GOOD NEWS -update-
TT will be handling the draft, not LOREN

heh heh jk all in fun :)

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fergie is a quality receiver but with Driver and Walker, he doesn't get thrown to much. He's actually one of my favorite players. He's unselfish, he blocks very well, doesn't give up and is tough. Fergie's injury was the difference in the playoff loss to the queens. In 2002 on a cold night game with the queens, he took the game over and had one of his best games. He had six catches 106 yards and two second half touchdowns in a 26-22 win for the Packers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts