Donald Trump & Lombardi

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I roll my eyes when any candidate brings up the Packers, good or bad. It's the modern version of kissing a baby. None of them are sincere. Rarely are they fans of the game or the particular team they are discussing, but they will harness their brand power when running for office.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I roll my eyes when any candidate brings up the Packers, good or bad. It's the modern version of kissing a baby. None of them are sincere. Rarely are they fans of the game or the particular team they are discussing, but they will harness their brand power when running for office.
Fairly sure it is not just here and I know it isn't just politicians. Pretty much any entertainer that plays GB makes a Packer tie-in statement. Areas around GB usually get some type of Wisconsin tie in if not the Packers. Usually something asinine or generic. What to expect. They're entertainers not sports reporters. Just like all the celebrities that pack Lambeau during the NFC championship games.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm the same way. I remember one political candidate a few years back talking about "historic Lambert Field" in an attempt to ingratiate himself to the Packer faithful. Obviously, a real fan.

Politics belongs on another forum. Let's keep this one focused on what really matters - Packer football.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm the same way. I remember one political candidate a few years back talking about "historic Lambert Field" in an attempt to ingratiate himself to the Packer faithful. Obviously, a real fan.

Politics belongs on another forum. Let's keep this one focused on what really matters - Packer football.

Good point. The Adult Asylum section of this forum is a more appropriate place to discuss politics.

H

HardRightEdge

Once you get past the platitudes and one liners, what do you have?

With Lombardi, you have this (take 20 minutes if you've not absorbed these tapes previously):

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The Trump corollary? "Boys, we're going to build a wall. It will be a big wall, an excellent wall."

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will help all of you out right now. ALL Politicians lie. Never trust any of them. You're welcome.

P.S. PLEASE do not vote for Hillary Clinton. Thank you. LOL

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to stop this now before it gets into politics. I just feel this falling off the edge on the wrong side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts