Donald Driver says he's sitting out this week

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers wide receiver Donald Driver says he's going to miss his third game since 2001 this week against the Cowboys.

Driver told Bill Michaels of 620 AM in Milwaukee the news on Tuesday, which doesn't come as a huge surprise. Driver couldn't finish Sunday's game against the Jets and hasn't looked healthy for weeks.

The Packers have a Week Ten bye after the Cowboys game. (Cue the Week Nine bye jokes.) Despite all their injuries, Green Bay is in a terrific position to get to the bye at 6-3, then watch the Bears and Vikings further implode.

As the Green Bay Press Gazette points out, the team is actually in better position than they were a year ago at this time. They need to tighten up the offense, but there are enough easy games left on the schedule that it would be a major disappointment at this stage if the Packers didn't win the NFC North.

Donald Driver says he's sitting out this week | ProFootballTalk.com

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
That may not be a bad idea. A good rest might be just what he needs, we have Dallas this week, followed by a bye week and then the Vikings again. We will need a healthy, well rested Driver for that!

Happy healing bro and take it easy!!!

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Packers wide receiver Donald Driver says he's going to miss his third game since 2001 this week against the Cowboys.Driver told Bill Michaels of 620 AM in Milwaukee the news on Tuesday, which doesn't come as a huge surprise. Driver...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a great luxury to afford to sit Driver for a game, and it comes at good timing b/c he'll have almost 3 weeks of rest until the Vikings GAME, can't work out much better then that

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get well Donald, you are awesome.:give_rose:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Get well soon Driver, glad he is being smart. Damn the NFL for giving us such a late bye week.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
That may not be a bad idea. A good rest might be just what he needs, we have Dallas this week, followed by a bye week and then the Vikings again. We will need a healthy, well rested Driver for that!

Happy healing bro and take it easy!!!

:sleeping:
It's a great luxury to afford to sit Driver for a game, and it comes at good timing b/c he'll have almost 3 weeks of rest until the Vikings GAME, can't work out much better then that
:drinks:
Get well Donald, you are awesome.:give_rose:
The pic say's it all!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Get well soon Driver, glad he is being smart. Damn the NFL for giving us such a late bye week.
For real!!! I can't believe how hard we had to play to get a bye FINALLY!!

my fav packer
Mine too!!!

DANG I catch on kinda quick!!! Agreeeee 110% with all the posts!!!

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He deserves it! Hes a Packer through and through. go #80!!!! But on a side note, who does that leave us with for Dallas, Jennings, Nelson, Jones and Swain??? I also saw on sunday that they were splitting Quarless out wide as a wideout...

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad he is sitting out,we need him for the rest of the season.I think as hard as it was to make the choice he made the right one get well D.D.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Tell me something?

Anyone here wish he is gone? Wishes they cut him?

Rumors are we are saying that?

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cutting Driver would probably be a bad idea. He still draws strong coverage to help others get open and he is really the only receiver we have that is willing to take the really big hit over the middle and keep the ball. Let the man play out his career in GB and lets get him a ring.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tell me something?

HELL NO! He's still awesome. its hard to play like a champ when you are hurt, so hopefully a couple weeks off will mean a recovery. I mean the guy is only the number 1 packer reciever of all time, so if anyone wishes he was gone it would be a vikings fan.:Talkative:

cantstop12to85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely a good call by Driver, we beat the Jets practically without him (I mean he played but had no receptions and got thrown to like 1 time). I mean if we can beat them without him then we can pretty much beat anyone without him. Hope he gets well through this week and the buy so we can have him healthy for our playoff burst at the end of the season.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tell me something?

Lemme guess. OBF?

OF. Course.

Yeah, we want Donald Driver gone. Of course we want him gone... We hate Donald Driver, with his bald head, and crazy smile, and awful hands that drop every ball, and pathetic route running skills and lack of heart...

Crazy lunatics. Yeah, I left some space, so you can edit this post and say that I wasn't being sarcastic.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Lemme guess. OBF?

OF. Course.

Yeah, we want Donald Driver gone. Of course we want him gone... We hate Donald Driver, with his bald head, and crazy smile, and awful hands that drop every ball, and pathetic route running skills and lack of heart...

Crazy lunatics. Yeah, I left some space, so you can edit this post and say that I wasn't being sarcastic.

LOL!!

Yeah the head cult leader claims we all want him gone

I think one in 100 packer fans would want him gone

Ted has given this guy two raises in last few years when he didnt have to

DD isnt going anywhere unless he is really hurt

**edit**

Commy is not really proper word

Cult is better, dontcha think

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Donald must feel the love huh?

He is always cheered by Packer fans, Ted gave him raises even when the anti Ted people said it would never happen and Ted would cut him...

I salute you DRIVER! You are Packer people !!

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Notebook: Driver Sidelined For Sunday

It has been more than seven years since Donald Driver missed a game because he was hurt, but the veteran wideout will be forced to sit out Sunday night?s game against the Cowboys because of an injured quadriceps.

Source: Packers.com

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Donald must feel the love huh?

He is always cheered by Packer fans, Ted gave him raises even when the anti Ted people said it would never happen and Ted would cut him...

I salute you DRIVER! You are Packer people !!
No doubt. He has been my Favorite Packer for a long time. Very good guy and always ready with a smile and funny word. Came from nothing to be an amazing receiver in the NFL while giving back the whole time. Very good player and great person I hope to see him retire as a packer at the end of his contract.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt. He has been my Favorite Packer for a long time. Very good guy and always ready with a smile and funny word. Came from nothing to be an amazing receiver in the NFL while giving back the whole time. Very good player and great person I hope to see him retire as a packer at the end of his contract.

I would be surprised if he played anywhere else. His contract is long enough that most teams wouldnt even take him on at that age. Packer for life. future packer hofer and hopefully will have his name on lambeau field someday (ring of honor right? or am I thinking of another team?)

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be surprised if he played anywhere else. His contract is long enough that most teams wouldnt even take him on at that age. Packer for life. future packer hofer and hopefully will have his name on lambeau field someday (ring of honor right? or am I thinking of another team?)

May it be so!!! I heart DD!!! :happy0005:

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt, by "hope to see him retire as a packer at the end of his contract" I meant Playing not being forced to retire cause of an injury.