1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Don Banks' take on Rodgers and the Pack

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackersRS, Jun 10, 2010.

1. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
  2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I like his work, its straightforward, unlike Peter King, who I like but sometimes peter spends too much time talking about coffee and his flight. I live in the same city as Don, and am kinda surprised I have never met him. Hopefully someday.

3. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    God I hope this team's best days are ahead of us.
    Because we've got a grand total of one playoff win in the Ted Thompson Era, and quite frankly, that's not satisfying to me.
    I know schit teams like the Lions and Browns would accept it, but remember, the Saints and Cardinals used to be laughing stocks, and they made it to the past 2 Super Bowls.
    Even the Bungles beat us last year, and they Jets went from fumbling with the Farve to the AFC Title game in one year, thanks to the running of Thomas Jones, the addition of Braylon Edwards, and the additions of former Rex Ryan guys Bart Scott and Jim Leonhard, former Baidger I believe. They didn't need 6 years worth of drafts to turn it around, amazingly.

4. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +298
    so absolutely freakin true...it's pretty much by default every offseason I'm like oh wow look at all these free age...wait a minute! FORGOT ABOUT OUR "CHEAP" GM.

5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,485
    I hope to GOD this isnt going to turn into a Ted bashing thread...We have enough of those...

This is about an article on the Packers and their CHANCES THIS YEAR

6. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I like the Packers chances this year.
    But we need to win our division, and to do that, we need to beat Minnesota.

How do we beat Minnesota?

We need better special teams, all 4 areas.
    And we need better pass rush, more pass rush, and better pass coverage.
    We also need to contain (or chopblock) Jared Allen. Early.

Greg Bedard answered a question tonight about what improvements we've made personnel-wise this off-season in the special teams area, and he joked about loving him some Donald Lee.
    (Lee has been relegated to special teams mostly so far in minicamp)

We need the special teams coach to come up big. I miss Nolan Cromwell.

7. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    You can't quote Bedard. I love him (that article of his last year about penalties, best I've read), but his job is to hate on the Packers.

Just look at his quotes every season (not just offseason).

Bedard is the opposite of Silverstein. Tom is the clueless homer, and Greg is the naysayer... He ought to find something wrong about what the team is doing...

About Donald Lee, he was a GREAT ST player in 06 and even 07, when he had tha role... Specially blocking. Which didn't translate to the offense. Though in 07 it seemed like his breakout year, it just never panned out...

BTW, am I the only one that misses DEARLY Tracy White?