Does Rodgers seem to be getting.. I don't know.. arrogant?

Harrison McCaslin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any quarterback that cares about the game he is playing, is gonna yell. It's like when your parents yell at you. If you messed up, they got on to you, and yelled at you, because they love you and know you're capable of being better. So when Aaron Rodgers does that, it makes him arrogant? I'd have to respectfully disagree my friend.

Reaction score
Yeah, I hate a QB that's super competitive - cares about his team's path - his team's performance - etc.

I want a non caring Falcon Version of Michael Vick as my QB ... I want Matt Leinhart as my QB .... ka-durrh!?

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is a guy I don't want in a foxhole with me and here's why. He's a sniper when things are going well, that I love about him. When it's hitting the fan he's pointing fingers at receivers for his bad throws, blaming refs cause he's not watching the play clock (QB's responsibility) and an overall pouter. A guy I want in the foxhole with me is the guy who is doing his job with no complaints, and moving troops around to be in position to attack. Not a guy pouting in the foxhole, and right now this year that's what I see from Aaron.

Good thing he plays in the NFL and this is a football forum though....Am I right??

H

HardRightEdge

Unless you know what plays the offense is calling and what his audibles are I don't think you can say this without looking rather foolish, no offense. I also said "if he could" - My opinion on Rodgers is that he would like to go 5 wide ALMOST every play...of course that is just my opinion.

I know an audible when I see one.

Foolishness is thinking a QB would want to run 5 wide on every play. He's smarter than you think.

H

HardRightEdge

I posted stats to say those exact words, but he claims it is his opinion lol

It's pretty obvious at times. For example, when you see Rodgers yelling and waiving side-to-side, the TE moves to the H-back spot, and they run the ball, that's an audible from pass to run.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of people in this thread that know exactly when an audible is called. It's crazy that so many fans know it and the defense doesn't....

also if you can't tell my sarcasm sometimes I can't help you, I do enjoy LTF chiming in though, please continue. seriously.

APGu28

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings fan here. I come in peace.

Rodgers is clearly the best QB in the game and being the best probably leads to some arrogance.

But Rodgers is not GETTING arrogant. He has been for pretty much his entire career. Don't know what took you so long to realize it.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather not. You've got the last word. That seems to be of value to you.

I actually wrote this

"also if you can't tell my sarcasm sometimes I can't help you, I do enjoy LTF chiming in though, please continue. seriously."

not about you bud, calm down. :)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
No, from what I heard, he was mad that they didn't call it a touchdown right away.

He was mad at MM

http://espnwisconsin.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=40&post_id=17861

Aaron Rodgers didn’t exactly apologize, and his smile wasn’t audible on the radio Thursday. But if you read between the lines, you could tell: The Green Bay Packers quarterback kind of wished he’d have been a little more subtle like Jordy Nelson and a little less demonstratively angry about coach Mike McCarthy tossing the red challenge flag last Sunday – and nearly costing the Packers a touchdown in the process
Speaking on his weekly radio show on 540 ESPN and ESPNWisconsin.com Thursday, Rodgers admitted to being “obviously frustrated” when he saw McCarthy toss the challenge flag on what had been ruled a James Jones fumble at the goal line – a play that was by rule going to automatically be reviewed because it was a turnover.

So I’m over talking to the referee, and the back judge comes in and he’s the one that actually calls fumble-touchback. (And I) can’t believe it. … I asked the ref, ‘You’re going to review it, are we able to get a touchdown out of this?’ He said, ‘Yes, we are going to review this,’ and (that) they could overturn it and make it a touchdown.

“So I’m thinking, ‘Great.’ (And then) I look over and see the flag thrown (by McCarthy), and obviously (I’m) frustrated by that. Jordy makes a good play, puts it in his pocket – obviously everybody saw it – but it had already been buzzed down (for review by the replay official), so we were able to get that thing into the end zone.”

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rogers passes the likeability test for me. Arrogant people don't. I'm going to enjoy watching the best QB since Bart Starr until he retires.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was very frustrated with the refs throwing a wrench in his no-huddle. But he played smart, and that is what counts. Some other QB may have tried to conquer his frustration by "making a play where none was to be had", if you catch my drift. But yes, he seemed really frustrated. Perhaps the "Cobb" thing was eating at him, where MM insisted on playing Cobb on ST.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There have been complaints like this about almost every great QB:
Manning
Marino
Favre
Elway
Aikman
Jim Kelly
Brees

Not so much Montana, Brady

Man, Marino was sure some angry old man in his last year or two!

Members online

Latest posts