Does January Count???

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the endless chorus of Favre-bashing in December, or is it exclusive to December??:happy0005:? Just sayin' - 148.7 QB rating today with 4 TD's in three quarters.

If Favre's lost a step, somebody needs to point it out. Another year, another 30+ TD's and 4000 yards from Brett Favre. The man is simply undefinable.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Seriously..

Personally I was saying for myself, it was the COLD that I feel he does poorly in..

Well I will be itching to say same thing if and when he tosses a game changing int in the playoffs..

Again NOT SAYING he will, just if he does expect a lot of posts to say

told ya so

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wait, wasnt the common theme around here when the Packers were beating Ravens and the like it was only because Ravens were missing key players?

Now that the Vikings beat up on similar team its only cuz of Brett?

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait, wasnt the common theme around here when the Packers were beating Ravens and the like it was only because Ravens were missing key players?

Now that the Vikings beat up on similar team its only cuz of Brett?
Ok Im confused as to why anyone here as a Packer fan thinks we can talk reason and expect anything but trolling out of a Vikings fan.

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do you ALWAYS come on here and go on about Favre?

I'd ask, "How can you not???"

I'm proud of the old boy for sticking to his guns and not letting conventional wisdom decide his future. I think Brett Favre is a model for everybody to emulate, if you can simply get past the evil concept of pride.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'd ask, "how can you not???"

i'm proud of the old boy for sticking to his guns and not letting conventional wisdom decide his future. I think brett favre is a model for everybody to emulate, if you can simply get past the evil concept of pride.
BWAAAHhAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
its not like the giants were very motivated...their season is over so it shouldnt be a surprise right? cause its common sense that favre is always perfect.

Same thing could be said about the Arizona Cardinals ... - Yet most of you still seem to think that Packers win next week is a given ... ?

DoubleC4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
aaron rodgers has 4,000+ yards as well along with 30+ tds. i think were just fine, go ******** to favres stats on a viking forum. i think i speak for a lot of people here saying were sick of hearing about it

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd ask, "How can you not???"

I'm proud of the old boy for sticking to his guns and not letting conventional wisdom decide his future. I think Brett Favre is a model for everybody to emulate, if you can simply get past the evil concept of pride.

Because this is a Green Bay Packers forum, not a Brett Favre forum. I don't see the need to talk about him all of the time like you do

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, after today Rodgers passed Favre for most yards in a season by a Green Bay Packer (now #2 behind Lynn ****ey) and is the only Green Bay QB since Bart Starr to finish a season with a 100+ QB rating (Favre never did). On top of that, Rodgers is the first QB in NFL history to pass for 4,000+ yards in his first two seasons as a starter. Also, add in the fact that he led the Packer offense to be the first offense in NFL history to have two consecutive seasons with a 4,000 yd passer, 1,200 yd rusher, and two 1,000 yd receivers. Oh yeah, he is also a Pro Bowler.

I don't give a ******** about what Brett Favre is doing.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Rodgers season has him with the second highest yardage total in Packers history -- Lynn ****ey still has that record. Rodgers is the first Packer QB since Bart Starr to finish the season with a QB rating exceeding 100. His TD to INT ratio far exceeds anything Favre EVER did in Green Bay, PLUS ... the absence of INT's had a ton to do with a franchise record +24 turnover ratio. All things considered, Rodgers did things that Favre couldn't do with lesser talent - Favre said so himself in not so many words...

After the Vikings game, Fox was interviewing Favre and he was babbling all the stuff that Holmgren taught him to babble ... my son said, "His lips are moving but all I hear him saying is: "I'm a ****. I'm a ****. I'm a ****."" Truer words.....

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Same thing could be said about the Arizona Cardinals ... - Yet most of you still seem to think that Packers win next week is a given ... ?

As someone pointed out, we are not making post after post on how good Rodgers looked or how many record Rodgers broke, or how The head bosses are looking okay now for going with Rodgers..To me and the rest it is just someone mouthing of..

And besides this is a Packer forum and I think majority here would agree to say Brett looks great and is doing very well ( if they dont they are just a hater)

Take a step back and think about this for one second..

Now if Brett was playing bad and the haters were making post after posts on it, how many of the slobbers would be whining?

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if Brett was playing bad none of them would know cause they wouldnt dare show their faces here.

Brett tends not to play bad - it's true. Just look at how he plays with a competent cast of supporting characters. You don't even need a running game and he dominates. All Day is now Part Time and the O-line couldn't open a running lane to save its life, but they do give Brett some time to throw and he eats defenses alive.

The man's the best that ever was and I question whether we'll ever see another with his combined skill set and passion. I happened to notice how everybody's up in Peyton's junk 24-7, yet he was sacked a mere TEN times this season to Brett's 34, but tossed 16 picks to Brett's 7. Not saying Brett is better at this point.....well, I guess I am. :happy0005:

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett tends not to play bad - it's true. Just look at how he plays with a competent cast of supporting characters. You don't even need a running game and he dominates. All Day is now Part Time and the O-line couldn't open a running lane to save its life, but they do give Brett some time to throw and he eats defenses alive.

The man's the best that ever was and I question whether we'll ever see another with his combined skill set and passion. I happened to notice how everybody's up in Peyton's junk 24-7, yet he was sacked a mere TEN times this season to Brett's 34, but tossed 16 picks to Brett's 7. Not saying Brett is better at this point.....well, I guess I am. :happy0005:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The man's the best that ever was....
Um....
Excuse me....
I take it you've never heard of Joe Montana? You should have since your around the same age as Burnt. So if you were a football fan in the 80's you might have seen him on TV a few times.
Anyway, here's Joe's post season stats...
Joe Montana NFL & AFL Football Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com
Playoff Record as Starting QB: 1981 (3-0), 1983 (1-1), 1984 (3-0), 1985 (0-1), 1986 (0-1), 1987 (0-1), 1988 (3-0), 1989 (3-0), 1990 (1-1), 1993 (2-1), 1994 (0-1)

And now Burt's
Playoff Record as Starting QB: 1993 (1-1), 1994 (1-1), 1995 (2-1), 1996 (3-0), 1997 (2-1), 1998 (0-1), 2001 (1-1), 2002 (0-1), 2003 (1-1), 2004 (0-1), 2007 (1-1)

I'll let this one speak for itself:
Things on Joe Montana being in the Super Bowl:
Cold, Hard Football Facts.com: The Super Bowl Legends

Joe Montana, San Francisco
Games – 4 (XVI, XIX, XXIII, XXIV) 1982, 1985, 1989, 1990
Wins – 4
MVPs – 3 (XVI, XIX, XXIV)

Overview: Montana is the undisputed king of Super Bowl quarterbacks. The Cold, Hard Football Facts say it all: Montana boasts the highest passer rating in Super Bowl history and has completed more passes for more yards and more TDs, while winning more Super Bowl MVP awards, than any quarterback in history.

The signature moment: Is there any other? In Super Bowl XXIII, the 49ers trailed the Bengals, 16-13, with just over three minutes remaining when they took over on their own 8-yard line. Legend has it that Montana broke the tension in the huddle by pointing out comedian John Candy, who was in the stands that day. The Cold, Hard Football Facts have it that he led the 49ers on an 11-play, 92-yard drive culminating in a 10-yard TD pass to John Taylor with 34 seconds to play. Montana passed for a then-Super Bowl record 357 yards with 2 TDs and 0 INTs. San Francisco won, 20-16.

"There have been, and will be, much better arms and legs and much better bodies on quarterbacks in the NFL," said former 49er teammate Randy Cross, "but if you have to win a game or score a touchdown or win a championship, the only guy to get is Joe Montana."

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um....
Excuse me....
I take it you've never heard of Joe Montana? You should have since your around the same age as Burnt. So if you were a football fan in the 80's you might have seen him on TV a few times.
Anyway, here's Joe's post season stats...
Joe Montana NFL & AFL Football Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com
Playoff Record as Starting QB: 1981 (3-0), 1983 (1-1), 1984 (3-0), 1985 (0-1), 1986 (0-1), 1987 (0-1), 1988 (3-0), 1989 (3-0), 1990 (1-1), 1993 (2-1), 1994 (0-1)

And now Burt's
Playoff Record as Starting QB: 1993 (1-1), 1994 (1-1), 1995 (2-1), 1996 (3-0), 1997 (2-1), 1998 (0-1), 2001 (1-1), 2002 (0-1), 2003 (1-1), 2004 (0-1), 2007 (1-1)

I'll let this one speak for itself:
Things on Joe Montana being in the Super Bowl:
Cold, Hard Football Facts.com: The Super Bowl Legends

Joe Montana, San Francisco
Games – 4 (XVI, XIX, XXIII, XXIV) 1982, 1985, 1989, 1990
Wins – 4
MVPs – 3 (XVI, XIX, XXIV)

Overview: Montana is the undisputed king of Super Bowl quarterbacks. The Cold, Hard Football Facts say it all: Montana boasts the highest passer rating in Super Bowl history and has completed more passes for more yards and more TDs, while winning more Super Bowl MVP awards, than any quarterback in history.

The signature moment: Is there any other? In Super Bowl XXIII, the 49ers trailed the Bengals, 16-13, with just over three minutes remaining when they took over on their own 8-yard line. Legend has it that Montana broke the tension in the huddle by pointing out comedian John Candy, who was in the stands that day. The Cold, Hard Football Facts have it that he led the 49ers on an 11-play, 92-yard drive culminating in a 10-yard TD pass to John Taylor with 34 seconds to play. Montana passed for a then-Super Bowl record 357 yards with 2 TDs and 0 INTs. San Francisco won, 20-16.

"There have been, and will be, much better arms and legs and much better bodies on quarterbacks in the NFL," said former 49er teammate Randy Cross, "but if you have to win a game or score a touchdown or win a championship, the only guy to get is Joe Montana."

Montana was a solid QB - no doubt. But, he played in an era where nearly every other NFL team stagnated, while San Francisco built a complete machine. If he would have played today, he wouldn't have had such an impact, unless he maybe played for the Colts, who've had an outstanding line since Manning's 3rd season.

Or, maybe Favre's simply far more exciting to watch. No matter - Montana's been on the sofa for ages now, while Brett continues to dominate in a young-man's game, and lately doing it remarkably well on different ball clubs.

Anybody have any real appreciation for how quickly Favre solidified the Vikings' offense? One season? Are you freaking kidding me??? It's simply astounding.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No surprise here that you would deny that Joe is better than Brent when it comes to post season.

Montana was a solid QB - no doubt. But, he played in an era where nearly every other NFL team stagnated, while San Francisco built a complete machine.
Ya mean that the NFL teams were stagnent during all the years Joe played? Which was 1979-1994. A total of 15 years. (13 with SF)
Mkay. I'm not so sure that I'm convinced.
If he would have played today, he wouldn't have had such an impact, unless he maybe played for the Colts, who've had an outstanding line since Manning's 3rd season.
That's irrelevent.

Or, maybe Favre's simply far more exciting to watch. No matter - Montana's been on the sofa for ages now, while Brett continues to dominate in a young-man's game, and lately doing it remarkably well on different ball clubs.
Yeah. He sure did dominate on the Jets who didn't go to the playoffs.
And he certainly domanted the Cardnials who beat the Vikes and then lost to the Pack. At the Cards home, I might add.

Anybody have any real appreciation for how quickly Favre solidified the Vikings' offense? One season? Are you freaking kidding me??? It's simply astounding.
Yeah. Whatever.
I'm more impressed by how far A-Rod has come since last year.
:viksux:

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, because that 10-6 season the Vikes had last year didn't happen. Yes, he did improve the offense, but you're making it sound like the Vikes were a crappy team before Brent got there.

Members online

Latest posts