Does everyone see...

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what REAL Wide Receivers look like now?

Not Robert Ferguson, Not Boreigter, Not Gardner, but guys who can get open and spread the field.

I swear, DD is the only weapon Favre has had in the last 5-6 years and it's not enough. Jennings has talent, but he's a rookie and is too young.

So what are we left with---Donald Driver. Same as last year.

TT has not adequately addressed this pressing need in addition to the O-Line.

It's going to be a long season!

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think ferggie will be fine,jennings maybe a rookie i did'nt like how he kept dropping the ball,hope he fixes that garner looked okay just a very bad game :(

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I noticed our receivers always had someone on them immediately and their guys were wide open. Was that a sign of how good their D was and how bad ours is or was it good/bad receivers or a combination of both factors?

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:

Not Robert Ferguson, Not Boreigter, Not Gardner, but guys who can get open and spread the field.

I swear, DD is the only weapon Favre has had in the last 5-6 years and it's not enough. Jennings has talent, but he's a rookie and is too young.

If GJ can keep his pace, I think we have a second weapon, even if he is a "too" young rookie.

clicka mi!

AND: He'll learn and get better with every rep he gets.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a Green Bay tradition. Our recievers rarely ever get separated, and the other team always seems to have somebody open. I think it's more a reflection of our lack of pass rush.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Timmons said:
This is a Green Bay tradition. Our recievers rarely ever get separated, and the other team always seems to have somebody open. I think it's more a reflection of our lack of pass rush.

That's always been my complaint. Even Driver doesn't get alot of seperation. I like Greg Jennings so far. T.O gets seoeration. Everybody wonders why Favre throws the ball so hard and "forces" into coverage. What is the alternative?

Deion Branch gets great seperation. How bout it TT?

OP
OP
T

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Timmons said:

That's always been my complaint. Even Driver doesn't get alot of seperation. I like Greg Jennings so far. T.O gets seoeration. Everybody wonders why Favre throws the ball so hard and "forces" into coverage. What is the alternative?

Exactly DePack.

No one has an answer though. :roll:

Didn't some people here say this is what was going to happen?

And it's happening...

BoydAvery

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfan4ever said:
i think ferggie will be fine,jennings maybe a rookie i did'nt like how he kept dropping the ball,hope he fixes that garner looked okay just a very bad game :(

After Driver and Jennings (22 catches combined pre-season) there is a big drop off to Ferguson and Gardner (6 catches combined pre-season).

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:

You're right, but the asking price is way too high. No way I'd give up more than a third for this guy (not to mention he still wants a new contract in the $7 million per year range - imagine how pissed Harris would be by that contract).

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BoydAvery said:
packerfan4ever said:

After Driver and Jennings (22 catches combined pre-season) there is a big drop off to Ferguson and Garner (6 catches combined pre-season).

Yep Driver, Jennings, Franks is all GB really has to look for. Ferguson had one of those game. He's inconsistent. Gardner is as well. Though Favre didn't play that great either. Palmer really looked great for Cincy. Never forced a throw and the ball was where it needed to be.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bavpb said:
TomAllen said:

If GJ can keep his pace, I think we have a second weapon, even if he is a "too" young rookie.

clicka mi!

AND: He'll learn and get better with every rep he gets.

Agree TomAllen, I am constantly checking to see who else besides DD Brett can turn to and each game almost looks like it's one dimensional with the only real threat being DD and we all know DD can't do it alone.

bavpb does have a good point with Jennings though. He is seeing a little more action and seems to be able to get things done. Let's just pray this continues as we really do need him as a solid second weapon out there. Cheers !!!

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me that is always what has made me believe Brett is the best QB's to play. Almost all of the #'s he's put up has been without pro bowl receivers. The only problem is he could do it in his prime but now I think his year depends on how much support he has around him. Time to clone DD and freeze T.O. for life

OP
OP
T

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
DePack said:

You're right, but the asking price is way too high. No way I'd give up more than a third for this guy (not to mention he still wants a new contract in the $7 million per year range - imagine how pissed Harris would be by that contract).

This is hopeless. What is everybody happy because TT keeps all the Packer millions to sign people with sewed up in his mattress??--That's why it's so hard for him to part with it...he'll have to unstitch it and stitch it up again...

Harris is a DB. Branch is a WR. Different positions--different pay scale....

And I'd rather have a proven NFL player then a potential 2nd round, TT draft pick...look how much we're getting out of Colledge..!

OP
OP
T

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
To me that is always what has made me believe Brett is the best QB's to play. Almost all of the #'s he's put up has been without pro bowl receivers. The only problem is he could do it in his prime but now I think his year depends on how much support he has around him. Time to clone DD and freeze T.O. for life

Exactly right, CDN...

and now Favre is asked to do it with even LESS talent at WR, a suspect running game, and two ROOKIE guards who can't pass protect yet to save their lives....

To blame Favre in this situation is patently unfair in my book. It's almost like he's been set up to fail. But, I still believe he will pull this team through after a fashion.

If you want to real UGLY...bench Brett and put Aaron Rodgers in there...they'd be lucky to win 2 games this year!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
Harris is a DB. Branch is a WR. Different positions--different pay scale....

And I'd rather have a proven NFL player then a potential 2nd round, TT draft pick...look how much we're getting out of Colledge..!

I'd rather have Branch than a 2nd rounder as well if they can get a deal worked out. We have the money so the 1st thing I would do is redo Al Harris' deal and yes CB's and WR's make about the same amount. CB's are probably the most important position on the defense outside of a DE. I'd get that done right away and then I'd talk to New England and Branch's agent about a possible contract.

With that said I wouldn't give up a 1st round pick for Branch. That is what New England is said to be asking for. I'd maybe give up that 2nd but definitely not a 1st.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts