Does Cold Weather Really Make a Difference?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Mondio is still mentally scarred from thinking he once saw my nipple....lol He need a councellor

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It matters if you're playing the Rams or Saints with Goff or Brees as QB. Against Brady, Allen or Mahomes it won't matter much they all play or played in cold-ish to cold weather.
I was wondering when you were going to show up Nature Boy.

(Just to clarify. There is a wrestler by the name of Ric Flair and his nickname is the Nature Boy. So I say this playfully. Not to take a jab at him in the event anyone takes offense to what I said just now. I'm clarifying.)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Bottom line for me....there's no place like home. Especially when that place is Lambeau!

Last time these 2 teams played it was 90 degrees and in the Bucs backyard. Let's see what these Florida boys can do in the cold.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bottom line for me....there's no place like home. Especially when that place is Lambeau!

Last time these 2 teams played it was 90 degrees and in the Bucs backyard. Let's see what these Florida boys can do in the cold.
Which is why there is no excuse for us. We wanted this at home and on paper we're the better team. Yes they beat us a while back, but we are a complete different animal now. It's time to get it done.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was wondering when you were going to show up Nature Boy.

(Just to clarify. There is a wrestler by the name of Ric Flair and his nickname is the Nature Boy. So I say this playfully. Not to take a jab at him in the event anyone takes offense to what I said just now. I'm clarifying.)

For those that don't know my screen name is a bit of a shot at him being a Viqueens fan, and rooting for every team we play, despite the fact that if there IS a Ric Flair of the NFL it's this team.

I

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I`m currently sitting in the A&E department with frostbite ! :) I tried too hard

Last edited by a moderator:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ill pipe in...I have been to lambeau field with a packed full house in the cold...I went to the very first Badger hockey game at Lambeau and the stands were 2/3 full due to the hockey set up...that stadium with sparse people is Brutal if the wind picks up...and I have a pretty good tolerance for the cold.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at the Niners playoff game where it was 4.

That is cold!
I think a sunday night game against MN in early 2000's was 6 at kick off. and the most recent giants playoff game was single digits, but i never really go cold in that one. The MN game we were like 2 rows from the top and it was a bit chilly on the face that night.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Me and my Godson..worked for the packers and would sit near ted on game days and had him reports

This was the ninner playoff game

I think @Vltrophy got me the tix

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I think a sunday night game against MN in early 2000's was 6 at kick off. and the most recent giants playoff game was single digits, but i never really go cold in that one. The MN game we were like 2 rows from the top and it was a bit chilly on the face that night.
If it was opening weekend of deer hunting, I was at that Vikings game. County resident lottery tickets, near the top in the south end zone. Damn it was cold, and we were in our hunting garb.

I

When I was on the eastern front during the war, it was -100, and you had to snap off the solid pee when you finally managed to go. Sorry, I thought it was a competition.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if it was the temperature, but the Bucs sure had quite a few drops in the first half of the game (not on 3rd down of course). Otherwise I think that it's safe to say that the weather didn't affect much of anything.

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm bumping this thread that I started last year. Once again, we'll hear all week about how big of an advantage cold weather will be for GB in Lambeau. But I still don't buy it. It's a cliche thing to say, but as far as I can tell, there is no statistical evidence supporting cold weather as a real advantage.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm bumping this thread that I started last year. Once again, we'll hear all week about how big of an advantage cold weather will be for GB in Lambeau. But I still don't buy it. It's a cliche thing to say, but as far as I can tell, there is no statistical evidence supporting cold weather as a real advantage.

You're right. Ultimately the better team and the one that EXECUTES and does not turn the ball over and/or commit a bunch of penalties will win. Those are regardless of weather.

I think people overemphasize it because it's more "home" to the Packers and Upper Midwest teams and their players (although the Lions and Vikings play indoors lol). Like would a player living and playing in Miami or Jacksonville or LA not be "accustomed/used to" playing and practicing in single digit weather? Obviously.

But it's all overrated.

The other thing is, when Brett played, didn't he have some crazy like 30-0 record in sub freezing temperatures? Something like that....

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right. Ultimately the better team and the one that EXECUTES and does not turn the ball over and/or commit a bunch of penalties will win. Those are regardless of weather.

I think people overemphasize it because it's more "home" to the Packers and Upper Midwest teams and their players (although the Lions and Vikings play indoors lol). Like would a player living and playing in Miami or Jacksonville or LA not be "accustomed/used to" playing and practicing in single digit weather? Obviously.

But it's all overrated.

The other thing is, when Brett played, didn't he have some crazy like 30-0 record in sub freezing temperatures? Something like that....
Yeah, Favre started out very well in cold weather early in his career, but fell off in his later years. According to this older ESPN article, he was abysmal in the cold weather from 2005 on.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Cold weather withstanding, if you don't think playing at home is an advantage than you've never attended a game with loud fans. Lambeau will be rocking next weekend and I doubt we see as many 49'er fans than the Cowboys saw today. At times they were louder than the Dallas crowd.

The other advantage the Packers have is knowing the turf better in all of its conditions. The home field crew will be "prepping" that field for whatever conditions better suit the home team. If that means letting it freeze a bit, so be it. :whistling: Snow is predicted for Saturday, I say "let it snow!"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts