Does anyone else want Favre to come back?

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm I don't know how I'd feel about him coming back but once again it makes it an even more interesting offseason. I just hope that it doesn't rattle our packers team. What if Favre does decide to retire but he wishes to be commemorated as a packer. What if TT and Mccarthy say "no not yet favre we are not ready to let you come back as a packer" once again favre stirs up some drama with our team and we are left wondering about the circus this clown is gonna run again. What if...

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
would be fun to beat him as a viking

but I dont really care tbh

I would love to see him back. Law of averages has to kick in at some point. I see him putting up 14 TDs and 33 INTs next year, and that's all before they bench him in week 9!

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
**** on him. He's a Viking now, and will remain until they repeatedly show old packer footage. Even if he does return, he's gonna be 1 more year older, and 1 year worse. This is the end of the Packers/Favre reality show. Favre beat the Pack twice, Pack made it to the playoffs with a second year starter, and Favre did what we all knew he would do, choke. Can't see this continuing another season.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'll follow the drama like I do every summer, but if he does he does. If not, okay.

I'd prefer he stays gone simply because i'm sick of him (and the media), but if he's here next year whatever.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Who cares. He's a Queener now.

Those guys know who cost them the game in the viking's locker room. I just don't know if Farve will have the love there. If I was a viking player, I'd be PISSED right now at AP and Farve. He might have to run out of town like he did with the jets.

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who cares. He's a Queener now.

Those guys know who cost them the game in the viking's locker room. I just don't know if Farve will have the love there. If I was a viking player, I'd be PISSED right now at AP and Farve. He might have to run out of town like he did with the jets.

To run him out of town would be totally ridiculous. Do you really think the Vikings would have made it this far with Jackson as their QB? If Jackson was their QB, we probably would have won the division and the Vikings would have been lucky to make the playoffs.

Tecmo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he's done. If so, I guess he'll go out the way I always imagined him going: ripping the heart out of the Vikings.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point he is running the risk of embarrassing himself. I think BF in his mind disagreed with TT's building through the draft and that given enough players to win now mentality he would win another super bowl.

He got his wish with the vikings and receive his answer to the win now approach with the vikings. Same results as the 2007 Packers.

Both teams common denominator was the QB play, resulting in the same outcome.

I think he now knows he does not have it in him to win another one, regardless of how the team is built.

Tecmo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point he is running the risk of embarrassing himself. I think BF in his mind disagreed with TT's building through the draft and that given enough players to win now mentality he would win another super bowl.

He got his wish with the vikings and receive his answer to the win now approach with the vikings. Same results as the 2007 Packers.

I think he now knows he does not have it in him to win another one, regardless of how the team is built.

And that is the sweetest part of this loss. It doesn't matter how good his situation is, he can still blow it.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And that is the sweetest part of this loss. It doesn't matter how good his situation is, he can still blow it.

I just thought about the Jets, with pretty much the same team (minus BF) went as far as the vikings with a rookie QB. In fact a rookie QB was able to do what BF was unable to do, make the playoffs with the Jets.

I think BF has nothing more to prove and any questions in his head have been answered the last 3 years. Its not the team or situation, his time as an NFL QB are done.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't think Favre disagrees with TT's philosophy.

I just think in Favre's mind, TT was in his way. He was old, and TT was rebuilding.

It just clashed.

Unluckily for us, Favre's desire to win another SB and his love for his own legacy were greater than his love and consideration for the GB and the fans.

It was, indeed, a though task to ask him: to endure losing, and possibily not having another shot at the SB.

However, my view of Favre was that he would do anything to help GB, including knowing that his role was no longer to be the centerpiece of the franchise, which he still was, BTW, even during the rebuilding process.

I was wrong in expecting that of him; in believing his word that he would never play for another franchise... Imagine the Vikings, of all franchises...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just thought about the Jets, with pretty much the same team (minus BF) went as far as the vikings with a rookie QB. In fact a rookie QB was able to do what BF was unable to do, make the playoffs with the Jets.

I think BF has nothing more to prove and any questions in his head have been answered the last 3 years. Its not the team or situation, his time as an NFL QB are done.

The Jets being in this season's playoffs were all about circumstance. the 08 and 09 jets both finished 9-7. There were a whole lot of teams that could have taken the chance to knock them out with at least 1 win such as the Broncos, Steelers, Dolphins, Texans however none of them capitalized on it. If I had to guess the jets just lucked out. But I do agree that even if Favre's jets made it into the playoffs they wouldn't have gotten farther than the wild card game.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
As a Packer fan, I want him to retire. He needs to retire. The Vikings have 8 GAMES AGAINST PLAYOFF TEAMS from this year on their schedule next year. After the beating he took last night...I'm not sure his body can hold up ANOTHER full season. If he were to win a super bowl for another team that would be heart breaking for me. I want him to retire. its time.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
To run him out of town would be totally ridiculous. Do you really think the Vikings would have made it this far with Jackson as their QB? If Jackson was their QB, we probably would have won the division and the Vikings would have been lucky to make the playoffs.

Who knows, that's speculations your honor to quote Chilidip. I know one thing, that locker room got DESTROYED by this. UTTERLY COMPLETELY DESTROYED. That team will never be the same.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
will he be back? who knows! we probably wont find out for sure until what like August?

personally i think he should retire, hes had a fantastic career but i think its finally time for him to call it quits.

Throw2Dowler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am tired of the whole dog and pony show. Spring, summer, fall every year it is the same old thing. The old man took a whipping last night. He looked beat after the game. No "Pants on the Ground" for him except on the Superdome turf.

He should give it up now. Rodgers is starting to get some confidence and bringing him back to Green Bay would destroy that. Let him go in peace. I just hope he doesn't come back crying and saying that he left his heart in Green Bay. Oh brother......

Latest posts