1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Do you want to the Packers to acquire Bradshaw?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Wood Chipper, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,410
    Ahmad Bradshaw is still a free agent which means his price is dropping by the day. He is only 26 and while considered injury prone, he has only missed 7 games over the past 4 seasons. i think for 3 million a year he would be a great buy. I just think he needs to have another rb to help him carry the load.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,114
    $3 mil a year? seems a little high. maybe for $1.5 a year.

3. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Yes, he's the best free agent running back left. He can run block, and catch. Like you said he's probably not an every down back but I'd like to see him in a Packer uniform. Hell he has to be as healthy as Starks and Saine. :(

4. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +375
    I wouldnt mind a 2 year 6 million dollar deal but I don't think Ted will want to give back all the money he just took from A.J Hawk over 3 years which I'm guessing he was hoping to use on frontloaded extensions. A 1 year 2 million dollar deal would be more realistic for Thompson but you gotta think somebody is willing to give him more than that.

5. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,548
    I don't think the cost would be a problem. If the Packers conservative medical team gives 100% clearance on the foot issues, I'd be in for Bradshaw.

6. GWheels

GWheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +208
    I'd sign him if the money is right. If healthy he'd be the best RB we have on the roster.

7. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013
    Yes. We need to sure up that position,i think him and Harris would be a great 1 to punch. He's got foot issues but we are used to dealing with injury prone running backs..except this one is actually good when he's healthy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Passepartout

Passepartout August Preseason!

Ratings:
    +21
    Pros and cons to him signing. Like being injury prone. As he also can play injured when needed. It all depends on his health wise!

9. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    I'm not a fan of Bradshaw, not only is has he been hampered by injuries recently, but he's very fumble prone.

We should have made Jackson a better offer.

10. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013
    TT was just being TT..that's why we couldn't get Jackson.

11. texaspackerbacker

texaspackerbacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    To answer the question, no, I don't really want him - certainly not for $3 million a season. The $1.5 million gets it up to a maybe. I'm moderately satisfied with what we have, and I'd like to see the Packers draft Montee Ball.

12. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,548
    I too am in the minority who likes Ball. With his Pro Day 40 he might require our low 2nd rounder.

Even with a 3rd. rounder, there is the issue of opportunity cost in using a pick that could otherwise be used for a safety, a defensive end, a linebacker, an offensive tackle....

That said, if we don't sign an FA running back, I could easily see us going for one as high as the 3rd. round.

13. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Injured RBs. I've had all I can stands and I can't stands no more!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    since TT didn't pull hard enough on that 100 LB trigger to get S. Jackson......I say f*ck it, wait till the draft and pick up a young guy with fresh legs and youth on his side.

15. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Bradshaw is just using us to bump his Steelers deal anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. DON BARRETT

DON BARRETT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12

17. DON BARRETT

DON BARRETT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    Good pick Montee Ball!

18. burt packerack

burt packerack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    I like how Bradshaw plays. He earned my respect when he yelled at one of his WRs to hold his block one game (I forgot who though). He brings intensity to the game and I think our RBs could use some of that. If we get him it should be for a fair price, if we don't get him i won't be too upset.

19. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Thompson won't use a high pick to draft Montee Ball. I think he'll be looking at other positions.

20. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    TT is satisfied with the RB situation we have. If it comes down to round 6 or 7 and there is some scrub RB left over, better bet he will snatch him up. Don't expect Lacy or Ball, you would be dreaming.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. burt packerack

Ratings:
    +99
    I did some research and found Alex Green (3rd round 2011), Brandon Jackson (2nd round 2007) and Leshon Johnson ( 3rd round in 1994) were our last 3 RBs drafted in the top 3 rounds. Just thought this kinda pertained to the last couple of posts in this thread.

22. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Different seasons, dictate different needs. I betcha Thompson doesn't use a second round pick for Ball. If he's around for rounds 4 or 5 maybe.

23. burt packerack

Ratings:
    +99
    Yea i don't foresee Ted using a draft pick on an RB until 4th-5th as well. I'd rather go defense mainly again this year. If we didn't have Dujuan then yes i would like to see a 3rd round RB but I'll be okay with a 4th rounder for now. RBs are a dime a dozen, there can still be some effective runners in the late rounds hidden in the rough.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    I know that the last draft was defense focused, but when we had the chance I think we should have drfted doug martin, but tampa bay got him. As a rookie he rushed for 1400+ yds I beleive it was.....WOW.

25. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    He went 31st in the draft. We would have had to draft him instead of Perry.