1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Do you want the Lions in the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Bogart, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    This is just a question of curiousity.

I really hate it when teams from our division make the playoffs, cause they possess the knowledge over all other teams to have a shot at beating us.

I do not want the Lions in the playoffs.

It has nothing to do with Suh.

Even though we beat them in their house, quite comfortably, we still could lose to those guys. It don't matter, cause it's DIVISIONAL. I've seen divisional rivalries really destroy a good team. It's a double edged sword.

You can beat a team 3 times (Dallas in 2009) and then you can beat them twice and lose when it matters.

Sometime in 1989 or it may have been 1990, The Oilers swept the Steelers. They beat them down at home, and on the road, and won the Division with 10 wins. The Steelers some how crept into the playoffs at 9-7, and in the wild card round, they played the same Houston Oilers that swept them, and on top of that it was a playoff game in the dreadful "House of Pain", there was NO WAY the Oilers were going to lose at home to a team lucky to make the playoffs, but some how and some way, the Steelers kept the game very close, and it went into OT at 23-23 and ended with the Steelers winning.

I know the Lions have their weaknesses, but like i say, it's very hard to beat a team 3 times. When I seen them let the Vikings come back today, I was praying Minnesota may actually win, cause I do not want those sons of bitches in the playoffs what so ever. The Lions and the Saints are the only 2 teams in the NFC that scares me.

2. Dan115

Dan115 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Do not want the Saints to get the 2 slot.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ceodore

Ceodore Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +212
    I don't want to see them in there, teams with explosive offenses make me nervous...

I'd rather see the Cowboys or Falcons or something.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ceodore

Ceodore Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +212
    I think the Saints are the 2nd best team in the league, they make me VERY nervous.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dan115

Dan115 Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Yes, I agree.

6. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    I actually can see the Saints winning out and getting the Number 2 seed.

49ers depend way too much on that defense. You notice, they'll be up 6 nothing, they kick field goal after field goal after field goal. it's to the point that Harbaugh set up a fake FG attempt on first down today, that shows you they know they aren't a Touchdown scoring team. Saints on the other hand, are touchdown, touchdown, field goal, touchdown.

7. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    The Saints are average on the road.

If they beat the Packers in the playoffs then I will buy a Big Ben poster or something and kiss it with red lipstick on and write Jules loves ya Big sexy Ben.

Yep guys I am that serious about this.......the Saints won't beat the Packer.s

Lions could be a tough divisional game but they are dumb and overrated.

8. Ceodore

Ceodore Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +212
    I just think their offense is explosive enough to take advantage of our suspect secondary. And I think Brees is smarter than most QB's and won't give up the INT's that a lot of teams do that we rely on.

9. Dan115

Dan115 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope the Saints get the # 3 seed.

10. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    I will stick with it. If the Saints beat the Packers I will get that Big Ben poster and kiss it.

11. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871

I wouldn't waste a dime on anything with the Steelers logo on it.

12. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    I would like to see them make it. I would prefer a more competitive NFC North. I also feel sorry for the Detroit fans. They have had squat to cheer for for a long time.

Am I worried about facing them in the playoffs? Not even slightly.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mississippi

Mississippi Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    The Lions really are terribly undisciplined, rather dumb and overrated. I don't think there should be much fear of them among Packers fans.

14. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    I'm not afraid of the Saints. They are not a good road team.

• Like Like x 1
  15. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    I would have loved it for their fans to finally see their team in the playoffs after so long....

...at least until I understood what a dirty team they are.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    There is the potential to play the Lions in back to back games. IF the Niners fall to the third seed and the Lions are 6 and upset the Niners in the WC round.

In the first Niners/Lions game I picked Niners. This time around I am not as sure. The Niners offense is getting more exposed and the o line suffers in pass protection.

I would pick the Packers to beat the Lions obviously and the Lions are dumb but God how annoying would it be to see the Lions THREE times in one year. Go away Suh go away.

I think if the Lions don't make it then it's either the loser of the NFC East? But the Lions have the tiebreaker over the Cowboys and the Falcons have the tiebreaker over the Lions. Falcons will be #5.

Would be funny almost if the Lions headed to Green Bay in the divisional round and the Falcons headed to New Orleans. Both the Saints and Packers would let out collective groans of "not again" in their locker rooms.

17. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    I would rather see the lions than the Giants.

18. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    No, they are like the Bears! Win with cheap shots to the opposing teams play makers!

19. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    Nobody in the NFC worries me but the Saint and nobody worries me in the AFC except the Patriots.

20. SaintItSweet

SaintItSweet Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going to hold you to that.

21. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +630
    Patriots worry me less than the Ravens. Patriots defense is abysmal.

• Like Like x 1