Do you want the Lions in the playoffs?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
This is just a question of curiousity.

I really hate it when teams from our division make the playoffs, cause they possess the knowledge over all other teams to have a shot at beating us.

I do not want the Lions in the playoffs.

It has nothing to do with Suh.

Even though we beat them in their house, quite comfortably, we still could lose to those guys. It don't matter, cause it's DIVISIONAL. I've seen divisional rivalries really destroy a good team. It's a double edged sword.

You can beat a team 3 times (Dallas in 2009) and then you can beat them twice and lose when it matters.

Sometime in 1989 or it may have been 1990, The Oilers swept the Steelers. They beat them down at home, and on the road, and won the Division with 10 wins. The Steelers some how crept into the playoffs at 9-7, and in the wild card round, they played the same Houston Oilers that swept them, and on top of that it was a playoff game in the dreadful "House of Pain", there was NO WAY the Oilers were going to lose at home to a team lucky to make the playoffs, but some how and some way, the Steelers kept the game very close, and it went into OT at 23-23 and ended with the Steelers winning.

I know the Lions have their weaknesses, but like i say, it's very hard to beat a team 3 times. When I seen them let the Vikings come back today, I was praying Minnesota may actually win, cause I do not want those sons of *****es in the playoffs what so ever. The Lions and the Saints are the only 2 teams in the NFC that scares me.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I actually can see the Saints winning out and getting the Number 2 seed.

49ers depend way too much on that defense. You notice, they'll be up 6 nothing, they kick field goal after field goal after field goal. it's to the point that Harbaugh set up a fake FG attempt on first down today, that shows you they know they aren't a Touchdown scoring team. Saints on the other hand, are touchdown, touchdown, field goal, touchdown.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The Saints are average on the road.

If they beat the Packers in the playoffs then I will buy a Big Ben poster or something and kiss it with red lipstick on and write Jules loves ya Big **** Ben.

Yep guys I am that serious about this.......the Saints won't beat the Packer.s

Lions could be a tough divisional game but they are dumb and overrated.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If they beat the Packers in the playoffs then I will buy a Big Ben poster or something and kiss it with red lipstick on and write Jules loves ya Big **** Ben.

I just think their offense is explosive enough to take advantage of our suspect secondary. And I think Brees is smarter than most QB's and won't give up the INT's that a lot of teams do that we rely on.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I will stick with it. If the Saints beat the Packers I will get that Big Ben poster and kiss it.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see them make it. I would prefer a more competitive NFC North. I also feel sorry for the Detroit fans. They have had squat to cheer for for a long time.

Am I worried about facing them in the playoffs? Not even slightly.

Mississippi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions really are terribly undisciplined, rather dumb and overrated. I don't think there should be much fear of them among Packers fans.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I would have loved it for their fans to finally see their team in the playoffs after so long....

...at least until I understood what a dirty team they are.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
There is the potential to play the Lions in back to back games. IF the Niners fall to the third seed and the Lions are 6 and upset the Niners in the WC round.

In the first Niners/Lions game I picked Niners. This time around I am not as sure. The Niners offense is getting more exposed and the o line suffers in pass protection.

I would pick the Packers to beat the Lions obviously and the Lions are dumb but God how annoying would it be to see the Lions THREE times in one year. Go away Suh go away.

I think if the Lions don't make it then it's either the loser of the NFC East? But the Lions have the tiebreaker over the Cowboys and the Falcons have the tiebreaker over the Lions. Falcons will be #5.

Would be funny almost if the Lions headed to Green Bay in the divisional round and the Falcons headed to New Orleans. Both the Saints and Packers would let out collective groans of "not again" in their locker rooms.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, they are like the Bears! Win with cheap shots to the opposing teams play makers!

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Nobody in the NFC worries me but the Saint and nobody worries me in the AFC except the Patriots.

SaintItSweet

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm going to hold you to that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts