1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Do you want an 18 game season?

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by Texpackerfan, Mar 15, 2011.

?

Do you want an 18 game season?

1. Yes

20.8%
  2. No

79.2%
  1. Texpackerfan

Texpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    I searched this website and was surprised I didn't see this poll somewhere. Roger Goodell says the fans want an 18 game season but is that really true? Let's see.

2. GBPack2010

GBPack2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +67
    He has to advertise....

3. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    I have never to date, heard any player interviewed in favor of 18 games.

4. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,429
    Negative. As much as I'd love some extra football time, all I am hearing from the players is it's going to be too hard on them and they are the ones who really matter.

5. cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +194
    Good question. No.

6. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    I would lean toward Yes, but strictly for selfish reasons. How is this being considered in the lockout negotiations? More games would clearly bring in more revenue. Players are looking for more players & additional bye week(s). Sounds like opening a whole new can of worms. IMO. So ultimately, "no".

7. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +417
    Nope, when I have kids I would want to take them to a preseason game and not a full game and pay for the cheaper ticket. Figure their attention span would be about long as the starters on the field. Plus it lets to be deemed players actually play and try out against other teams, and allow everyone to over analyze everything.

8. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +466
    The last two preseason games are a joke. You may have your starters play 1-2 series, then sit. You may have them not play at all. Might as well make them worth something.

9. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    Under an 18 game season, we will look more like the NBA.

Sorry but it's all about money. Goodell sees it is a way to cash in for more money with 2 more games. The NBA makes an *** load of money off their stupid playoff series instead of having things at 1 game. After an 18 game season, that is what I would expect, a series for playoff games lol

10. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,049
    I said yes but I couldn't add an asterisk. Add two games. Another bye week, maybe as part of the European games the league has spoken of, and maybe a 6 game disabled list like baseball has where injured aren't counted against the roster for those games. Has to be something with less duration than injured reserve but not necessarily count against the roster. Thus no real need to enlarge.

11. Matty Flynn

Matty Flynn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +42
    It would be sweet to have an extra 2 games a team but the players don't want it it wont happen. They could just send them all on vacation again then vote on it.

12. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    As I understand it, the leading proposal is that there would be two fewer pre-season games. If that is the case then it seems like a distinction without a difference as far as how many games the players play (although the starters would certainly play more minutes sooner in the season), although it would have potentially major consequences in the standings since basically two of the four pre-season games would not "count."
    Ultimately, as much as I love football, I am satisfied with a 16 game season.

13. Skarecrow

Skarecrow Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    don't fix what is not broken. Though, a cool idea would be to have 18 game season, but players can only play 16 games in a season. Would have to up the roster number, but it would really make getting good back ups a priority.