Do you think our O-line was off beat BECAUSE they were healthy?

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hear me out.

This entire year we've had O-line issues. Clifton was out for a while, Bulaga was out for a while, and was it Wells who missed a couple games? I can't remember 100% but I know our O-line was battered and we did a lot of moving around throughout the year, even bringing in Marshall Newhouse and Derek Sherrod to help cover.

The thing is, do you think it was a bad decision to let all of our starters play, seeing as they didn't have much time to develop much chemistry as one unit? I loved the way Newhouse was playing when he got his chances.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hear me out.

This entire year we've had O-line issues. Clifton was out for a while, Bulaga was out for a while, and was it Wells who missed a couple games? I can't remember 100% but I know our O-line was battered and we did a lot of moving around throughout the year, even bringing in Marshall Newhouse and Derek Sherrod to help cover.

The thing is, do you think it was a bad decision to let all of our starters play, seeing as they didn't have much time to develop much chemistry as one unit? I loved the way Newhouse was playing when he got his chances.

newhouse gave up something like 11.5 sacks in 13 games. The O-LINE was not the problem in our game.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Like it's been said. The O-line might have been the problem earlier in the season but last week. Our O-line didn't give up a sack or even a hit on Rodgers until second half.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know everyone is looking for that one thing, and I believe that one thing can be boiled down to a simple lack of focus. When you consider how out of sync our offense was, how many passes our receivers dropped and how we turned the ball over 4 times in one game when we had 6 all year, the end result is a lack of focus. Whether that stems from the tragic and premature loss of Joe Philbin's son hitting the team harder than they would have expected or the extended layoff is anyone's guess at this point, but the underlying reason why this game was lost is because the team lacked focus.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
They did have two or three weeks to practice together, but IMO in hindsight it was a mistake to start Clifton – I just don’t think he was ready. He got beat very quickly on an inside move by Umenyiora who knocked the ball out of Rodgers’ hand. That cost the Packers a TD on the opening drive of the second half as Jennings was open and of course the Giants recovered the fumble. A TD would have closed the gap to 3 points at the time. Of course if the Packers would have proceeded to play as sloppily as they did it wouldn’t have mattered. I believe Clifton was benched shortly thereafter.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These guys are pros and they tried out for the team and were accepted and know the system.
The only player I find fault with is Finley.

JacobInFlorida

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Oline wasn't THE problem, but the Giants Dline was getting movement with just 4 or 5 rushers causing Rodgers to escape the pocket to try and find a receiver. Because they only had to rush 4 or 5 they could play two guys deep and man up on the receivers. A lot of plays broke down as a result and plays just weren't made.

Members online

Latest posts