Do you like the Championship Belt?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea,polish the belt he does not yet own.Ben is a 2x champ,AR has 0.....If he wins it he can polish it with whatever makes him happy!BEWARE the curse of the towel!!!

Next time your at a Steelers game go take a real close look at the trophies. Check the name on the trophy. Its says Lombardi. Then remember where he made his name to deserve that honor. In Titletown. And think about why its called titletown. There is a reason people come from all over the world to see the football mecca. We were winning championships 40 years before the Steelers even knew what they were. Were built on winning, so remember that the next time you chime in about championships.

BadKarma

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Next time your at a Steelers game go take a real close look at the trophies. Check the name on the trophy. Its says Lombardi. Then remember where he made his name to deserve that honor. In Titletown. And think about why its called titletown. There is a reason people come from all over the world to see the football mecca. We were winning championships 40 years before the Steelers even knew what they were. Were built on winning, so remember that the next time you chime in about championships.
Yes, the Super Bowl Trophy is named after Vince Lombardi.Which begs the question:
Why is it that you only have 1 Trophy?
Why is it that the Steelers have 6?
Food for thought.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, the Super Bowl Trophy is named after Vince Lombardi.Which begs the question:
Food for thought.

LOL why is it that your ignorant? Food for thought.

(any posters reading this please just laugh, correcting him is pointless, clearly steeler fans know nothing about history and love riding bandwagons)

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Food for thought.
we have 3 super bowl trophies and 9 championships.
but hold on lets get in the mind of badkarma
(badkarmas thoughts- i bet they call it the lombardi trophy cuz the Packers won the super bowl in 96 even though the super bowl has been played since the 60's and its been called the lombardi trophy since before i was born)
wikipedia and google are your friends

BadKarma

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like TD dance routines or other childish celebrations that call attention to yourself. I don't like it when players on the Steelers do it and I sure as hell don't like it when other teams players do it.

Teamwork is what the Green Bay Packers were all about. They didn't do it for individual glory. They did it because they loved one another.
Vince Lombardi

Vince Lombardi put it best when he said, "when you score a touchdown, act like you've been there before."

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
History Schmistory. I realize both teams have quite an extensive championship laden past and right now I do not care. I care about this year, I care about next sunday. We can count trophies in the off season.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I don't like TD dance routines or other childish celebrations that call attention to yourself. I don't like it when players on the Steelers do it and I sure as hell don't like it when other teams players do it.

Teamwork is what the Green Bay Packers were all about. They didn't do it for individual glory. They did it because they loved one another.
Vince Lombardi

Vince Lombardi put it best when he said, "when you score a touchdown, act like you've been there before."

Oh my God, now you're going to school us on Lombardi! Somebody wake me the freak up, this has GOT to be a dream. LMAO

OP
OP
Cheesehead Brittany

Cheesehead Brittany

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey badkarma... hey buddy.... idk how to tell you this but we are not the friggin jets... we wear green and gold not green and white... we have 12 championships not 1... you have what... 6?... thats nice... we have been in single digits since waaaaaaay before i was born... but its ok its kinda cute how you think that intimidates/impresses us... like puppy dog cute :lol:

BadKarma

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The entire NFL reflects Super Bowl wins after the merger.Lombardi died in 1970.Immediately after his death, the Super Bowl Trophy was named after him. So I ask again, how many Super Bowl Lombardi Trophies do you own?

LombardiChick

Reaction score
the entire nfl reflects super bowl wins after the merger.lombardi died in 1970.immediately after his death, the super bowl trophy was named after him. So i ask again, how many super bowl lombardi trophies do you own?

Oh. My. God. Stop!!!!!!!!! LMAO

OP
OP
Cheesehead Brittany

Cheesehead Brittany

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The entire NFL reflects Super Bowl wins after the merger.Lombardi died in 1970.Immediately after his death, the Super Bowl Trophy was named after him. So I ask again, how many Super Bowl Lombardi Trophies do you own?
its ok baby the nfl also counts championships:clap:. hate to :rain: on your parade. they also count suspensions on quarterbacks. they also record everything on the field including people getting ****** by others :lol:

LombardiChick

Reaction score
For our friend here - who seems to be suggesting that the trophies for Super Bowl I and II are invalid or non-existent (W.T.F?) - you can see a graphic of our three Super Bowl trophies and read more about our team's history of excellence by clicking on this link to the official Green Bay Packers website - your team is mentioned, even:

The Green Bay Packers have won more championships -- 12 -- than any other team in National Football League history.

They won their first three by league standing (1929, 1930 and 1931), and nine since the NFL's playoff system was established in 1933 (1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967 and 1996).

Green Bay also is the only NFL team to win three straight titles, having done it twice (1929-30-31 and 1965-66-67).

In addition, the Packers won the first two Super Bowls (over Kansas City in 1966, 35-10, and over Oakland in 1967, 33-14), as well as a more recent one (over New England in 1996, 35-21).

Since the league implemented a playoff system in 1933, the Packers have played in the NFL's deciding game 12 times (10 NFL title appearances from 1936-67, two Super Bowls after the 1970 merger). Only the Giants have played for more titles.

Most World Championships:
Green Bay Packers, 12
Chicago Bears, 9
New York Giants, 7
Pittsburgh Steelers, 6
Dallas Cowboys, 5
San Francisco 49ers, 5
Washington Redskins, 5
Cleveland Browns, 4
Detroit Lions, 4
Indianapolis/Baltimore Colts, 4

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think it's cocky and I don't care for it either way.

But I'll tell you this much. Like it or hate it, for the Super Bowl, he better keep it tucked away until the game is clearly decided. If he does it after his first TD, it'll be nothing but fodder for the Steelers to feed on.

BadKarma

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For our friend here - who seems to be suggesting that the trophies for Super Bowl I and II are invalid or non-existent (W.T.F?) - you can see a graphic of our three Super Bowl trophies and read more about our team's history of excellence by clicking on this link to the official Green Bay Packers website - your team is mentioned, even:

The Green Bay Packers have won more championships -- 12 -- than any other team in National Football League history.

They won their first three by league standing (1929, 1930 and 1931), and nine since the NFL's playoff system was established in 1933 (1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967 and 1996).

Green Bay also is the only NFL team to win three straight titles, having done it twice (1929-30-31 and 1965-66-67).

In addition, the Packers won the first two Super Bowls (over Kansas City in 1966, 35-10, and over Oakland in 1967, 33-14), as well as a more recent one (over New England in 1996, 35-21).

Since the league implemented a playoff system in 1933, the Packers have played in the NFL's deciding game 12 times (10 NFL title appearances from 1936-67, two Super Bowls after the 1970 merger). Only the Giants have played for more titles.

Most World Championships:
Green Bay Packers, 12
Chicago Bears, 9
New York Giants, 7
Pittsburgh Steelers, 6
Dallas Cowboys, 5
San Francisco 49ers, 5
Washington Redskins, 5
Cleveland Browns, 4
Detroit Lions, 4
Indianapolis/Baltimore Colts, 4
Nice UnBiased website there. lol
You are comparing Apples to Hand-grenades.If Packer fans want to hang onto those aged Championships before all the Teams were in the same league and long after the shine has worn off, that's fine by me. By all means,have a ball. Just like a 1940's Screen Beauty thinking she can still dine out on her looks in 2011. Just don't get your ******* in a bunch because nobody else see's the relevance. Just as beauty fades with age,so does Championship Titles that have zero relevance in the Modern NFL Era.

Enjoy the Super Bowl. You folks are playing the Steelers.
The Children of Zambia,Nicaragua,Congo and Haiti will thank the Green Bay Packers for the new tee shirts and hats that will inevitably end up there.
Cheers

OP
OP
Cheesehead Brittany

Cheesehead Brittany

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Record 12 NFL World Championships

"League annals show 12 World Championships, the most in the NFL (the next closest team is the Chicago Bears, with nine). The first three were decided by league standing, the next six by the NFL title game, and the final three by Super Bowl victories. The Packers are also the only team to win three consecutive NFL titles, having accomplished this twice (1929-30-31 under Lambeau and 1965-66-67 under Vince Lombardi)."

Green Bay Packers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

is that unbiased or is wikipedia a secret packer fan?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Nice UnBiased website there. lol
You are comparing Apples to Hand-grenades.If Packer fans want to hang onto those aged Championships before all the Teams were in the same league and long after the shine has worn off, that's fine by me. By all means,have a ball. Just like a 1940's Screen Beauty thinking she can still dine out on her looks in 2011. Just don't get your ******* in a bunch because nobody else see's the relevance. Just as beauty fades with age,so does Championship Titles that have zero relevance in the Modern NFL Era.

Enjoy the Super Bowl. You folks are playing the Steelers.
The Children of Zambia,Nicaragua,Congo and Haiti will thank the Green Bay Packers for the new tee shirts and hats that will inevitably end up there.
Cheers

So your gonna give up your SB wins when they go over 50 years of age? Since their old then they just don't matter since the game will have changed so much since those times.

Who makes the decision when an old title becomes obsolete and can't be counted in the total? You? Me? Santa Claus? Hmmmm I guess I'd rather let the NFL decide that since it's their league!! Since they say they count, I think I'll count em too.

Be content you've won the most championships in the SB era. That's no small feat and impressive. I openly admit it's a harder thing to do today with 32 teams. We'll be content to have won the most all time.

Your team was founded in 1933 and had just as many chances to win Championships back in those days as the Packers and failed to do anything until 1974.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts