Do you like our chances in the NFC??..no really?

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Darn...i didn't even consider injuries:eek: If Rodgers gets hurt we are a 500. team if that at best. If Matthews gets hurt the defense?? well they look plain bad. It sucks to know TT isn't going to persue Freeney, he would help out alot.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are still the best team in the NFC North and should win the division. Winning the North should give the Packers a first round bye with whoever wins the NFC West. With that being said, the Packers still don't have the players to stop the read option (San Francisco or Seattle). The defensive coordinators could take all the field trips they want to Texas A&M, but if you don't have the players you don't have the players.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Darn...i didn't even consider injuries:eek: If Rodgers gets hurt we are a 500. team if that at best. If Matthews gets hurt the defense?? well they look plain bad. It sucks to know TT isn't going to persue Freeney, he would help out alot.

If Rodgers gets injured the Packers are 4 win team at best. If Rodgers isn't running the offense and keeping our defense off the field, the games would be ugly. Packers defense would be on the field all day.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
49ers - Additions (help me if I am forgetting someone): Boldin, Craig Dahl (Who?!?!); Losses: All-Pro Safety Gholdson. Not sure why Boldin all of a sudden changed everyone's perception of this team. Was it a good move for a 6th-rounder - sure. But, he's also costing $6M. Not a good deal for a guy on the wrong side of 30 and hasn't posted 1,000 yards in any of the last three years.

Didn't watch playoff football, huh? Bolden was the best player on the Ravens offense the entire postseason. Flacco should give half of his signing bonus to him.

And it's a great move for a team that was six yards away from winning the Super Bowl. He's not going to affect their salary cap in the future because he's a one or two year player only.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are still the best team in the NFC North and should win the division. Winning the North should give the Packers a first round bye with whoever wins the NFC West. With that being said, the Packers still don't have the players to stop the read option (San Francisco or Seattle). The defensive coordinators could take all the field trips they want to Texas A&M, but if you don't have the players you don't have the players.

Exactly.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree we don't have the players as of now to stop the read option. Holding out hope ...insert that optimistic thingy here...that we address that somehow this off season. :(

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree we don't have the players as of now to stop the read option. Holding out hope ...insert that optimistic thingy here...that we address that somehow this off season. :(

But TT hasn't..We also have to worry about RG111 as well. Any one of the three will have a field day against us at this point. I still have nightmares about how bad our linebackers looked defending the read option. There were times where they got completely faked out smh.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Obviously if Rodgers got hurt we would not be a better than .500 team. The same could be said for just about any team that loses their elite QB for the season.

And Freeney would be a horrible fit in our defense and waste of our money. He is strictly a 4-3 DE. Not all 4-3 DEs can make a seamless transition to a 3-4 OLB, often because they are a liability in coverage. Freeney has been down that road and does not have a good role in a 3-4, just like when we tried to convert Kampman to a 3-4.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No he wouldn't. He's a DE in a 4-3. In our defense, he'd have to play OLB, a position he's not overly skilled at. Think Aaron Kampman.

Reaction score
Considering the injuries and lots of rookies we had starting the game, we competed with a healthy/rested talent heavy San Fran team on their turf for two quarters til they realized they could just run it at Walden/AJ/Woodson for the rest of the game...

Seattle we had dead to rights, our defense made me forget about Lynch.
Minnesota played their best game as our secondary played their worst game of the season, yet barely squeaked by us.

We get our guys back, maybe healthier this year than last (hopefully) - another off season to develop our guys, other teams get older - perhaps go through the injuries we've had to go through - who knows....

All I know was that a Young Hobbled Green Bay Team held up and fought hard throughout the season - Now I'm wondering what an Experienced Healthy Packer team can do this season. :cool:

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But TT hasn't..We also have to worry about RG111 as well. Any one of the three will have a field day against us at this point. I still have nightmares about how bad our linebackers looked defending the read option. There were times where they got completely faked out smh.

Yeah but you are overlooking the fact we got rid of Walden.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score

Yeah, I too am not looking fwd to playing washington. RG3 is a pure beast, plus their RB is insane. They will have their defense back to healthy. Hell, their RB ran for 1600+ yds and RG3 ran for I think it was 700+ = holy ****

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I too am not looking fwd to playing washington. RG3 is a pure beast, plus their RB is insane. They will have their defense back to healthy. Hell, their RB ran for 1600+ yds and RG3 ran for I think it was 700+ = holy ****

No secondary for the skins. Should be able to pick them apart

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
No secondary for the skins. Should be able to pick them apart

Their pass rush just may have an effect on our pass game. Brian Orakpo and London fletcher are a couple of bad ****'s. They finished 1st overall in the NFL in rushing, 4th overall in points scored, 5th in yds per game. That is pretty impressive for having a rookie QB. I think that people take them for granted....THAT WILL BE a tough game, bank on it.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In all this doom and gloom, people are forgetting how good (and by that, I'm not saying we were elite, rather above-average) our run defense was last season, in general. We had only two backs go for over 100 yards against us all season - Gore and AP. That means, we held the likes of Foster, Lynch, Forte, S. Jax, and CJ2K in check - most notably was Foster who had less than 40 yards if I'm not mistaken. We had a litany of injuries, resulting in the likes of Walden having to play. Perry would certainly have made a difference against Kaep considering he is stout against the rush and also fast to potentially limit the size of holes Walden made for him.

Yes, RG3 and Co. are scary, but we aren't the only ones concerned about facing these QB's. But, with a year of film - unlike hardly any film of Kaep doing what he did to us - we'll be better prepared.

Of course, we could always get Dwight Freeney for that perfect fit and solution to this all! ;)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their pass rush just may have an effect on our pass game. Brian Orakpo and London fletcher are a couple of bad ****'s. They finished 1st overall in the NFL in rushing, 4th overall in points scored, 5th in yds per game. That is pretty impressive for having a rookie QB. I think that people take them for granted....THAT WILL BE a tough game, bank on it.

Of course, they made the playoffs last season. But without a secondary they will struggle

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And our pass rush won't have an effect? We finished 4th in sacks last season without our 1st round pick, best MLB, and probably second-best MLB, no Woodson for half the year, and DL that was befelled with injuries in the middle of the season.

They were a playoff team. Of course they'll be a tough game. But, let's not get overly excited about everything and forget about what our team accomplished dealing with adversity that few other teams dealt with.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But TT hasn't..
This is where the whole argument lies. You want TT to fix it in free agency. He intends to fix it through the draft and player development. Different philosophies. You won't change anything by complaining about it on internet forums. Write him a letter

Members online

Latest posts